Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

One image, one voice...

I've talked to him over the phone, chatted with him on AOL Instant Messenger (yes we are both that old). Never saw the guy in my life, but I met him by surprise at 2K Sports headquarters 4 or 5 years ago. He didn't have to introduce himself. I heard his voice as he walked through and I shouted at him. BIG CZAR!

While most know him as Da_Czar, his real name is Nino Samuel.

I've worked with him in the background for years and watched all of his YouTube videos from start to finish. Posted many of them on OS for everyone to watch and learn from. We even host some of his videos here at OS.

Today, it was announced that he has joined the NBA 2K development team, full time. He will be working with the gameplay team and will focus on the offensive AI system.

Please show this man some love by congratulating him on his new job.

Hopefully, he has the time to chime in at OS, like he has done over the years. All the best Nino!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 23 @ 08/23/14 08:09 PM
Czar brings MC out!!

# 162 Rebel_INS @ 08/23/14 08:25 PM
Awesome news. I always agree with his insight on the game and his take on things. I'm sure his influence will definitely be an important addition to an already stellar team. Congratulations Czar.

# 163 stillfeelme @ 08/23/14 11:13 PM
Congrats Czar,

This is huge for gameplay and the game overall. I don't think there is anyone that can break down gameplay, mechanics like Da Czar and interact with the community. I hope Czar gets back to doing the gameplay tutorials and new plays because that is a teaching skill that will be needed with the more sim direction 2K appears to be going. Now that he will be the dev behind the offensive AI System who better than Da Czar to breakdown all the improvements in video?

That 10 teams in 10 days and the play of the day type breakdowns should still come from Da Czar. I also must say I haven't seen this many Dev's active and posting on any game before. 2K15 has to be a classic

# 164 Asp86 @ 08/24/14 12:44 AM
Taking his talents to 2k. This means good things for us basketball heads. Great addition and one of the most vital guys to get this opportunity. Best of luck and congratulations.

Now show these guys the little pieces they miss every year that make us scratch our heads.

# 165 Sundown @ 08/24/14 01:05 AM
Can you imagine Da Czar explaining plays in a full fledged sim play instructional tutorial mode highlighting every team? I can.

# 166 23 @ 08/24/14 01:12 AM
I'm certain he'll explain some plays for sure. That's like his bread and butter relating that knowledge over to the rest of us how it's translated in the game.

Totally excited about that. The plays of the day the 10 teams theme man it honestly excites me for 16 as well.

# 167 stillfeelme @ 08/24/14 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Can you imagine Da Czar explaining plays in a full fledged sim play instructional tutorial mode highlighting every team? I can.
Would be time consuming if it is in game but I would love it if they could probably divide by types of play call sets with multiple options. Basically your coach has a certain system you run for the majority. You should have the ability to learn the ins and outs of it that teaches you. They definitely needs an interactive plays trainer mode pertaining to not just using plays but how to attack the defense similar to what Madden introduced that teaches you how to run your team's offense.

Motion
Triangle
Horns
Princeton

The rest are like specific situatuions

Pick and roll, Pick and pops
Floppies
Post plays
Cutter
Out of bounds plays
Early Offense

# 168 Battle4MY @ 08/24/14 02:16 AM
Congrats Da_Czar. You have no idea how happy I am for you. Huge fan, glad you made it brother. Props to the 2K team recognizing the talents of SIM NATION

# 169 midwestking100 @ 08/24/14 02:36 AM
Da_Czar is one of the main reasons why I bought 2k11 and hasn't look back since. 2 days after this announcement and I am still hyped! #NOICE! #TeamSim

# 170 rockchisler @ 08/24/14 06:34 AM
Salute to Da Czar

# 171 Nza @ 08/24/14 06:39 AM
2KSports: you're doing it right.

# 172 Vni @ 08/24/14 07:14 AM

# 173 kgbrolic @ 08/24/14 08:07 AM
Czar!! Congrats to you king!!!

# 174 Da_Czar @ 08/24/14 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme

That 10 teams in 10 days and the play of the day type breakdowns should still come from Da Czar. I also must say I haven't seen this many Dev's active and posting on any game before. 2K15 has to be a classic
Thanks Stillfeelme. Respect fam. I wasn't sure if you guys would still want to see stuff like 10 teams from me still. I might have to get back in the lab

On the bold part I know OG and myself are always gently encouraging people who make decisions on your behalf to come hear what you guys are saying about decisions that are being made.

Of course for Leftos, OG, Beds, Myself and Beluba and SimBaller it's second nature for us to pop into OS since we've been doing that for sometime now.

As I said hopefully even more people in more area's will join in as well.

Also wanted to shout out Super B. Beluba for being open to key acquisitions He is the captain of the game-play ship and I think were all in good hands.

# 175 Goffs @ 08/24/14 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I wasn't sure if you guys would still want to see stuff like 10 teams from me still.
To be honest I thought it was going to be a regular thing whenever the game was about to come out. We had official vids that were played like people knew what they were doing.

# 176 stillfeelme @ 08/24/14 09:54 AM
Quote:
Thanks Stillfeelme. Respect fam. I wasn't sure if you guys would still want to see stuff like 10 teams from me still. I might have to get back in the lab

On the bold part I know OG and myself are always gently encouraging people who make decisions on your behalf to come hear what you guys are saying about decisions that are being made.

Of course for Leftos, OG, Beds, Myself and Beluba and SimBaller it's second nature for us to pop into OS since we've been doing that for sometime now.

As I said hopefully even more people in more area's will join in as well.

Also wanted to shout out Super B. Beluba for being open to key acquisitions He is the captain of the game-play ship and I think were all in good hands.
Czar,

The 10 teams in 10 days was like the countdown to the new release showing how the game and plays improved. It was like the prequel before the game comes out on detailed gameplay. I think we all would like to see something like that. I just think 2K is going more sim then they will have to teach more users small details that may get missed.

I know that the Dev's read these boards and I think it is cool that more of you guys will be here.

# 177 Sinner @ 08/24/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
I wasn't sure if you guys would still want to see stuff like 10 teams from me still.
This some kind of joke? we getting punked here? Of course we want more from the Czar!

# 178 CavsNation @ 08/24/14 11:56 AM
Of course we want more Da_Czar

10 teams in 10 days was amazing to watch and the Intro ..

I loved it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6OX5LgYfY

# 179 23 @ 08/24/14 12:11 PM
That spacing in 2k11....lol

10 teams by far one of the best marketing tools that's been used

# 180 Vni @ 08/24/14 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That spacing in 2k11....lol
2K11 had a lot of things right. Passing, spacing and overall the animations where nice and sexy. Up and unders, layups, drifters... Where all looking way better than they did in the next games. There where no speed burst for the CPU defensive players and you could feel players momentum.

Wierd.

Sometimes I feel that if the 2K devs where lazyier (like not trying to do too much in a one year cycle) NBA 2K would be further a long the way right now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.