Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Pre-Week 1 Roster Update is out for Madden NFL 15 featuring each team's final 53-man rosters. Also a new tuning update was released as well. We'll have details on both shortly!

UPDATE: EA Sports has stated the tuning update includes some user and CPU pass rush tuning.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 zizoux @ 09/06/14 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
For everyone saying that running the ball is easier now just lower your run block sliders and the CPU will get off there blocks easier which in turn will make your running game
Tried run blocking at 0. Still the same. All you have to do hit the turbo. Before the tuner I had to read the blocks carefully and find a hole to run.
Also outside run is so easy now.

# 162 niftyjets @ 09/06/14 07:27 AM
Where do I go to download the tuner update?

I play on ps3

# 163 Scott @ 09/06/14 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Where do I go to download the tuner update?

I play on ps3
Just fire up Madden and be connected online. You'll get prompted.

# 164 Muhuff @ 09/06/14 08:11 AM
I agree with what many said about pass
Blocking never being an issue. The time in the pocket was fine. Just needed to make the AI make quicker, better, decisions and make the qb completion percentage slightly lower. The game is playing easier now especially the run game. For those who say just adjust sliders, the whole reason we need tuners and patches is because the sliders don't work correctly or have very little influence. Been that way for years on madden and they never fix it.

# 165 saybur @ 09/06/14 08:49 AM
Third game of my CFM that I started after the update, I had 8 sacks(6 and 7 in the previous two games). I'm playing on All-Pro with CPU pass block at 65 and normal speed. I don't user control any of the D line and I'm still seeing an absurd amount of sacks. So what did this update really fix?

# 166 kb0731 @ 09/06/14 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
Tried run blocking at 0. Still the same. All you have to do hit the turbo. Before the tuner I had to read the blocks carefully and find a hole to run.
Also outside run is so easy now.

Also try increasing the CPU tackling ability because the coincides with there ability to shed blocks too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 167 bkrich83 @ 09/06/14 09:57 AM
I played one post tuner update game and saw no difference in the run game. Def saw a difference in CPU pass blocking but as others have said the pass blocking isn't the issue. The issue is CPU QB holding the ball too long. The CPU qb's don't seem to scramble when they get outside the pocket and have space and they don't throw the ball away.

# 168 Muhuff @ 09/06/14 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
The pass blocking wasn't the issue. The issue was the jacked up ratings for the defenses. If you would go through Donnie Moore's fault roster, you would see with his acceleration ratings as well as his speed ratings for the defenses are off the charts. That is why I'm going through the rosters and making changes to the acceleration and speed ratings. This is making a significant difference in the gameplay. ea, this year, masked a problem with the AI by hiking the defensive ratings. What people don't seem to see, is that this game is so broken at its foundation, I don't think anyone knows how to fix it without starting over from scratch, so patchwork fixes are put in place, such as altering the ratings in such a way.

EA understands this. That is why year after year, because they are hanging on to a thread, they are having to use graphics to sell the game.

Long story short. Alter the agility speed and acceleration ratings for the defense, and you fix the problem with the sacks, without the need for the tuner. You may need to alter the ratings for the offense as well because those ratings are also out of whack.
Great observation. Not sure if it's true but there's certainly been patch work that hasn't worked for years. They refuse to fix the gameplay and specifically
The sliders. If they made sliders like nba 2k that work problem would be solved. You adjust sliders by 20-30 points and it barely makes a difference. Just 1-5 points should make a difference. FIX THE SLIDERS EA!! It's only been years!

# 169 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/06/14 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Third game of my CFM that I started after the update, I had 8 sacks(6 and 7 in the previous two games). I'm playing on All-Pro with CPU pass block at 65 and normal speed. I don't user control any of the D line and I'm still seeing an absurd amount of sacks. So what did this update really fix?
Well consider yourself lucky then. In my CFM, I have a D-Line of JJ Watt, Gerald McCoy, and an 82 overall Magnus Hunt, and even if I blitz the house, I still can't get any pressure on the QB. Watt and McCoy are pretty much useless now, and I've now faced Kellen Clemens and a rookie QB and they've completed over 90% of their passes.

Obviously I'm going to have to change my sliders a good amount. It's a shame because I was getting great gameplay before.

# 170 BleedGreen710 @ 09/06/14 10:35 AM
just ran 30 times with Adrian Peterson for 110 yards and 3 TDs im pleased with those results

I am playing with human run blocking on 100

# 171 reyes the roof @ 09/06/14 10:37 AM
Since the tuner I played one game vs SF with the Bears and I had 5 sacks, 4 by Lamar Houston and none of them were user controlled. Kaepernick dropped back 31 times, threw 20 passes, was sacked 5 times, and took of running when there was pressure the other 6 times

# 172 extremeskins04 @ 09/06/14 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Well consider yourself lucky then. In my CFM, I have a D-Line of JJ Watt, Gerald McCoy, and an 82 overall Magnus Hunt, and even if I blitz the house, I still can't get any pressure on the QB. Watt and McCoy are pretty much useless now, and I've now faced Kellen Clemens and a rookie QB and they've completed over 90% of their passes.

Obviously I'm going to have to change my sliders a good amount. It's a shame because I was getting great gameplay before.
Your sliders aren't good then. I get sacks with mediocre DL.

# 173 Napoleon10 @ 09/06/14 11:06 AM
Has anyone one seen anything official on what was tuned yet?

# 174 bkrich83 @ 09/06/14 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Less than 4 yards per carry though.
And?

Quote:
Well, Colin Kapernick is scrambling and tucking it down and running every chance he gets in my game. I love how I hit him--helmet high--while sliding and didn't get a penalty. He deserved that, lol.
Good point, I should preface that, guys who aren't designated scramblers. Imo, those guys tend to run too quickly, although I am sure that's a delicate balance from a game tuning perspective.

Twice last night Romo had all day in the pocket, everyone was covered, he maneuvered out of harms way and had nothing but open field in front of him. Instead of taking off, he just held the ball, and I got a pair of coverage sacks.

# 175 lost1 @ 09/06/14 12:19 PM
Can I get the tuner without xbox gold subscription?

# 176 dpower15 @ 09/06/14 12:33 PM
I've abandoned the tuner. I was running for a minimum of 4-5 yards each time, with multiple 20-30 yard runs thrown in probably 20% of the time I would call an outside run and just sprint.

I didn't see any difference in QB accuracy with the tuner which is what I was hoping for. I just deleted it and will go back to the sliders I have been tweaking for the past week or so. Getting pretty close to a great AM set.

# 177 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/06/14 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Your sliders aren't good then. I get sacks with mediocre DL.
It's a bummer because the game played perfect before the tuner. Gonna have to try someone else's sliders now I guess.

# 178 bkrich83 @ 09/06/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
3.6 yards per carry is not a good rushing average for a starting runningback. Not necessarily bad in the context of one game, but if that's the average over the course of the season that runningback won't be a starter for long.
In one game, not really an issue.

# 179 Cavicchi @ 09/06/14 01:08 PM
I haven't looked through this thread, so don't know if what I'm going to say was mentioned.

We had no internet service last night for awhile, just started the game up this morning and got the update. I don't know how the game is playing, but the roster is severely lacking "truth.". K.J. Wright is at MLB and quite a few players are not injured that should be, and suspended players are there and ready to play.

There I was licking my lips at the thought of Bowman and Aldon Smith out for at least half the season and they are playing! Well, I don't like that and thinking of making Bowman a Center and Smith a LT

# 180 NYBorn81 @ 09/06/14 01:23 PM
Since the tuner, I've had more of a difficult time actually sacking the QB, while I can still get pressure, as A&S said in another thread, or this one regarding the matter, the tuner regarding QB pressure, has nothing to do with ratings, but with the mini-game, and the odd's of you beating the O-lineman at the button presses. Prior to the tuner update, 9 times out of 10 I was able to beat the lineman, and run in for an easy sack, or at least an incompletion due to the pressure on the quarterback, now it's a lot less likely, and I'm having a harder time getting sacks, which is good. On the other side of the ball, I've found it easier to run the ball, and finding open receivers. Give or take, I'm really enjoying the game a lot more since the update. I'm using Charters All-Madden sliders, and I'm still using the QB edit roster, so I don't know if those things have anything to do with it or not, but like I said, I'm enjoying the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.