Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

According to the official NBA Live 15 website, the game has been delayed. The original release date of October 7th has been updated with an October 28 release date.

We have reached out to EA for comment. We should hear something official soon and we will update the post.

Thanks for the heads up @omole21!!

EA Sports has posted another Open Letter, explaining the delay with a few gameplay videos and new gameplay blog.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 06:34 PM
How do you follow the buzz of that trailer with this decision? What difference is 3 weeks going to make to the final product? That is a real question as I'm not a game designer, but I can't imagine 3 weeks will be enough time to do much of anything.

This isn't probably nearly that big of a deal a lot of people are likely to make it as it an imposed deadline by the NBA(if I remember correctly), but it sure doesn't look good.

# 82 RipCityAndy @ 09/08/14 06:35 PM
Whatever. EA issues more apologetic Open Letters than exciting information.

I don't mind when a company like Rockstar pushes GTA for "polish" because the GTA games, in my opinion, are consistently excellent games. EA pushes the Live iterations and fails to impress.

Why should we believe this game will be any different than Live 13 or Live 14?

# 83 WTF @ 09/08/14 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
so lebron had 27 of the cavs 29 points lol
On 9 of 24 shooting though. User vs user cheese is tough lol.

# 84 King_B_Mack @ 09/08/14 06:36 PM
Definitely looks better than 14 and moving in the right direction all around. I think there's still a bit too much standing around by the rest of the players on the floor. But again, this is promising footage. More is needed.

# 85 RUFFNREADY @ 09/08/14 06:37 PM
Twitter CHat happening at 8pm ET with Exec. @Seanobs! Let's here what they have to say! shall we!

# 86 youvalss @ 09/08/14 06:37 PM
Also, atmosphere sounds good. and I hope this year they have more auto-replays that are zoomed in, last year there were a lot of "broadcast view" replays that didn't really reward you for a nice play.

# 87 bxphenom7 @ 09/08/14 06:38 PM
Not a big deal, what isn't getting delayed these days lol

# 88 WTF @ 09/08/14 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Definitely looks better than 14 and moving in the right direction all around. I think there's still a bit too much standing around by the rest of the players on the floor. But again, this is promising footage. More is needed.
Again, unfortunately looks like lack of auto-motion on default just to show the L1 motion modifier. It's slick, but I'll still use auto motion with the L1.

# 89 redsox04 @ 09/08/14 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
so lebron had 27 of the cavs 29 points lol
I was just about to comment on Lebrons stat line 9-24 27 pts lol , hes not being a bully, ball hog maybe lol. 9-9 free throws and its only the second quarter lol. Hes going to have like 50 fg attempts by himself yikes.

# 90 N.C.State @ 09/08/14 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I don't mind it, I would rather have a delayed game if it means it's more polished.
We're dealing with EA here... I'd be amazed if it were playable let alone polished.

# 91 youvalss @ 09/08/14 06:41 PM
Who said that "You got it man!"? And it was funny hearing it during the replay....

# 92 nick_sr @ 09/08/14 06:42 PM
loved the lebron jumper

loved the harden hesitation but the way he caught the ball reminds me of live 14 smh

still seems very easy to blow by your defender

loved the crowd and the arena sound

hopefully we don't see celebrations after every basket scored

loved that a fouled was called on the harden drive

players seem to be moving. let's pray automotion is gone and they cut and set screens all the time.

# 93 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sars973

I can see why they haven't shown gameplay sooner...

I actually like this game vid. It's a little too fast, but if this is what the game looks like I'm cool with that.

# 94 snocone @ 09/08/14 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox04
I was just about to comment on Lebrons stat line 9-24 27 pts lol , hes not being a bully, ball hog maybe lol. 9-9 free throws and its only the second quarter lol. Hes going to have like 50 fg attempts by himself yikes.
24 attempts to capture a video that looked decent.

I can't imagine playing this if it doesn't have a good set of sliders. The help defense looks terrible, and based on that first clip, you can't play on ball defense.

# 95 poloelite @ 09/08/14 06:45 PM
You have to be kidding me, that trash looks just like Live 14. That has to just be a roster update and not the improved next gen visuals?? Gameplay still looks too arcade style and the same. This.just.isn't.good. smdh

# 96 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 06:45 PM
The animation upgrade is apparent, even though the animations themselves still look a little wonky (I just think that's Live's style) the transitions look super smooth....

Other than that...not really impressed with these short clips....don't know of they dumbed down the defense for the sake of creating these, but the off ball defenders are just standing there while their man goes and gets the ball...looks like the user had to grab the defender in the first clip to make him come out to a respectable distance...

# 97 El_Poopador @ 09/08/14 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Also, atmosphere sounds good. and I hope this year they have more auto-replays that are zoomed in, last year there were a lot of "broadcast view" replays that didn't really reward you for a nice play.
Only thing that bothers me about the replay is that the camera moves with each bounce of the ball. It's a little jarring.

# 98 WTF @ 09/08/14 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
24 attempts to capture a video that looked decent.

I can't imagine playing this if it doesn't have a good set of sliders. The help defense looks terrible, and based on that first clip, you can't play on ball defense.
I'd go as far to say that it's on Rookie. Just my $.02

# 99 youvalss @ 09/08/14 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The animation upgrade is apparent, even though the animations themselves still look a little wonky (I just think that's Live's style) the transitions look super smooth....

Other than that...not really impressed with these short clips....don't know of they dumbed down the defense for the sake of creating these, but the off ball defenders are just standing there while their man goes and gets the ball...looks like the user had to grab the defender in the first clip to make him come out to a respectable distance...
Well, the article does say:

Quote:
We’ve also improved the user’s ability when playing on-ball defense. Now, it is easier to cut off drives and stay in front of the basketball with bumps, jostles and contests – in this case – forcing Waiters to make a pass.
I hope it's true, and also hope that the CPU knows how to use these defensive tools as well. Not sure what it means regarding team defense, but one can only hope it's not a Live 08 team defense.

# 100 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/14 06:50 PM
you can tell they worked on player movement a lot. That Harden move was sick. Lebron's dunk and the passes look too slow though wtf. not enough player off ball movment. need to see some onball and offball screens. I wonder what gameplay elements they plan to work on in 3 weeks.

Ariza was user controlled it looks like he let LBJ go by on purpose. Also I didn't like Kyrie standing in one spot the whole possession

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.