Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

According to the official NBA Live 15 website, the game has been delayed. The original release date of October 7th has been updated with an October 28 release date.

We have reached out to EA for comment. We should hear something official soon and we will update the post.

Thanks for the heads up @omole21!!

EA Sports has posted another Open Letter, explaining the delay with a few gameplay videos and new gameplay blog.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SageInfinite @ 09/08/14 04:25 PM
Damn......

# 2 magicman32 @ 09/08/14 04:28 PM
Wow!! Very surprising. I know I shouldn't be but still. lol

# 3 shutdown10 @ 09/08/14 04:29 PM
I'm not shocked. I kind of had that feeling that they were going to do this, and were not ready to all out compete with the other game with how they are managing Live 15. I believe they are in competition with themselves this year in where they have to prove to us that they can make Nba Live a solid game again. I don't have any problems with them doing this, but this news will be critiqued harshly by the community.

# 4 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 04:29 PM

# 5 tha_show256 @ 09/08/14 04:30 PM
Nothing this studio does shocks me anymore! Smh, please get your act together Live team! You very close to losing the few fans you have left...

# 6 WTF @ 09/08/14 04:31 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Point blank period.

There is zero reason that I can see for a delay. Especially 3 weeks.

# 7 WTF @ 09/08/14 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I'm not shocked. I kind of had that feeling that they were going to do this, and were not ready to all out compete with the other game with how they are managing Live 15. I believe they are in competition with themselves this year in where they have to prove to us that they can make Nba Live a solid game again. I don't have any problems with them doing this, but this news will be critiqued harshly by the community.
They don't need to compete with 2k. They need to release a good game. It's "different" than 2k's. There is plenty of space for 2 games, do your own strengths, be proud of your game.

# 8 jr2424 @ 09/08/14 04:33 PM
Was holding out hope that we'd have a true competition this year. Still want to play the demo and see what improvements they've implemented over Live 14.

# 9 ManiacMatt1782 @ 09/08/14 04:33 PM
We have heard this before...

# 10 Mintsa @ 09/08/14 04:36 PM
Wow.......just when they start to reel you back in. I'm not sure what that extra 3 weeks would do to be honest ??

# 11 stillfeelme @ 09/08/14 04:38 PM
Was there a game killing bug discovered a Jeezus Bynum thing? This is just odd and weird we need competition in the basketball video game market. I understand releasing around the NBA launch time but they have data saying this will increase sales? Or they don't want to spend a bunch of money advertising?

# 12 Bowinkle08 @ 09/08/14 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Wow.......just when they start to reel you back in. I'm not sure what that extra 3 weeks would do to be honest ??
that was my question too lol. i wonder when the demo will release now

# 13 shutdown10 @ 09/08/14 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They don't need to compete with 2k. They need to release a good game. It's "different" than 2k's. There is plenty of space for 2 games, do your own strengths, be proud of your game.
That's what I said in my original post. They have to prove to people that they can make a good game. The people who are in charge probably don't want this head to head on Oct.7 this year.

# 14 TheBadazz @ 09/08/14 04:39 PM
Guess that demo not coming early huh?

# 15 @marcusjiles @ 09/08/14 04:40 PM
Dont know who's making decisions at EA this year but my goodness they are shooting some airballs. Live team tells you how excited they are about a game where they have to be forced to release a 50 second trailer. Updating Live 14 about a month before the release of your new game was the first red flag. Added to this someone finds this, and it's not told to us by a crew that wants to be different and "honest" is telling.

They cant be confident in that game and honestly, I said this last year, I had no idea how they would be. How Live 14 even got released the way it was is still quite the head scratcher. You cant turn that around in 10 months.

While the optimistic part of me hopes these added 3 weeks will give us some customization options, I laugh at that sentence as I type it. This also means of course, no news for another month... as if we had much news to begin with.

I feel like this NBA Live team the last few yrs needs to be a 30for30 lol

# 16 RayRay34 @ 09/08/14 04:41 PM
To quote the legendary Marv Albert or Daniel Bryan, which ever you prefer..... "YES!" Or " YES! YES! YES!"

# 17 Rams_3 @ 09/08/14 04:41 PM
Here we go again FOLKS!!!

# 18 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 04:41 PM
I'm assuming there are some things they need to touch up before release...only logical explanation I can think of...

Not a good look though, smh..

# 19 Shaffer26 @ 09/08/14 04:44 PM
This game is doomed. EA Sports should be held to a higher standard.

# 20 jr2424 @ 09/08/14 04:46 PM
Gotta admit I fell for that visuals trailer. Hope it wasn't all smoke and mirrors.

« Previous1234567891718Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.