Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

According to the official NBA Live 15 website, the game has been delayed. The original release date of October 7th has been updated with an October 28 release date.

We have reached out to EA for comment. We should hear something official soon and we will update the post.

Thanks for the heads up @omole21!!

EA Sports has posted another Open Letter, explaining the delay with a few gameplay videos and new gameplay blog.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 CujoMatty @ 09/08/14 07:30 PM
I dunno doesnt look like its for me. ive been happy with the other game but to say this looks the same as last years nba live is preposterous. You can tell a lot of effort has gone into this. I wish the devs good luck and I hope they can deliver a good product to those consumers looking for a change.

# 142 Bowinkle08 @ 09/08/14 07:31 PM
gameplay looks good except for the defender staying at the baseline whenever the offensive player pops out at the top of the key. foot planting, floor spacing, dribbling, looked good. still need more movement on offense. boxing out looked good. i wonder if this was in the beta stage?

# 143 Ermolli @ 09/08/14 07:34 PM
I liked the three clips there, looked a lot better than Live 14 although that doesn't mean much since 14 was really bad.

Having that said there were some things that need improvement.
In the first clip what was Dwight trying to do? I'd have thought he was going to help Ariza since he's a rim protector but seemed like leaving the paint for no reason unless he wanted to defend Love leaving him open anyway, Jones should've sticked with Love and Howard protected the paint and helping LeBron's dive to the paint.
Passes still seem to be floaty, there wasn't any pass that went to the chest of their teammates, seems like they can't make hard crisp passes like Live 14 also didn't have.
I know Harden isn't a good or decent off-ball defender but is Waiters as bad as him? In two clips both got lost of their players leaving them completely open, I don't know if I should see this as a good (maybe off-ball ratings matter) or bad thing (off-ball defense is bad overall in the game).
On Harden's and LeBron's dive, shouldn't the teammates that were on the paint spread the floor? Being there only congestion the paint and make it harder for the attacker to score there.
Still very little movement on attack, is it because the Quick Action thing? I don't like it anyways.

Despite that me fear of how graphics would translate from closeups to gameplay is gone since it looks really nice, liked the spacing despite the lack of movement, it animated better and its transitions, the reaction from fans when LBJ dunked was nice (would've preferred a better audio reaction though), I don't know if I was seeing wrong but in Harden's clip Waiters seemed like he tried a steal from behind after he was beaten which was nice.

I hope they fix or improve those things that I've mentioned but overall those were nice clips in my opinion.

# 144 23 @ 09/08/14 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Have they even confirmed that there are sliders in this years game?
No sliders
Said they don't have the tech for it this year

# 145 kolanji @ 09/08/14 07:35 PM
The foot planting is beautiful to look at....

I like the shot contesting this year....they look way more appropriate

The animations are a bit fast

On ball defending seems a bit underpowered...hope its just the user rather than the mechanics.....

Cant guess what 3 weeks will improve at this time but...am guessing this will be as good as it gets at launch

# 146 Sinner @ 09/08/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
They were going to get overshadowed on Oct 7th by 2k, so this is a solid business move by EA even if some of you don't like it. By that time people will have found a bug they hate in 2k, or a shoe they want that isn't included, that makes the game unplayable and might want to give Live a shot.

Plus having it come out on the opening night for the NBA is a great time to throw a bunch of ads out there to get people excited.

Those clips looked solid and I'll definitely give the Live demo a shot even though I have 2k15 pre-ordered.

EA doesn't have a great track record this gen, but the Live guys have been pretty straight forward with the community so I'll give these guys the benefit of the doubt.
Disagree, many people including myself like the trailer that was released last week, thought it looked to be going in the right direction and as I've stated I haven't been much of a Live fan.

Now people who were impressed by the trailer or people who were looking for Live to finally release on time and play this game are again disappointed with yet another delay from the EA Live team. Whether people think it's a big deal or not IMO it actually is when you look at the history of Live.

People who were just on the fence after watching the trailer may need that early Oct basketball fix since a game that has over all been good and hasn't had problems releasing on time will be there in stores when it's supposed to be.

There are many people who would get both games but I'm sure there are also many people like myself who won't by 2 games that similar IE own two Basketball, Football, Baseball or COD/Battlefield games.

# 147 bigsmallwood @ 09/08/14 07:36 PM
I liked what I saw...not sure why people are complaining about the date being pushed back...I want them to get it right so we can have two great games! Judging from that LeBron coverage, I'd say we are already going to have some NBA goodness!!! Can't wait

# 148 worstsportsgamer1977 @ 09/08/14 07:37 PM
from the gameplay videos i just watched 3 weeks aint enough. i know they are slowly trying to get live back on its feet year buy year. but this game still is not ready. the movement is better but still very herky jerky.

i was watching the kevin love in the second video and could not figure out why he was posting up on defense. then it looks like the computer asks itself the same question and the offensive player runs around in front of him and just gets a a big ol brain fart. also in the same play, waiters response time to harden cutting is way to slow. it was like he saw beyoncee in the front row or something.

i would hold this game till christmas time mabey january. at this point your not going to get many new fans anyway. so hold out, fine tune the game some more and then release it later in the year. 3 weeks is much to short of time. this game needs work.

# 149 bigeastbumrush @ 09/08/14 07:38 PM
Plays a lot like Live 10 from what it seems which is why I found this so funny:
Quote:
One big change we made to animations this year is how players go up for layups and dunks. Last year the “gather” (where the player picks up the ball and begins his footwork into a shot or any type of jumping motion) and the shot itself were separate animations, which led to some strange looking and feeling situations due to some really awkward transitions. This year we’ve kept the gather and dunk/layup as one animation. The sheer volume of dunk and layup animations added this year will ensure a variety of different outcomes when attacking the rim.
Isn't that the exact reason why the proverbial wheels fell off with Elite 11 by removing the contextual animations because they wanted one-to-one movements?

I'll digress but Harden's move looked good and it was good to see him go left instead of right. If the CPU can do that then it'll be a plus for the game.

Too much standing around by off-the-ball players. Even if no play is called, there should still be some basic player movements even if it's hopping around calling for the ball.

The player chatter was great. And so were the kicks.

# 150 El_Poopador @ 09/08/14 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977
from the gameplay videos i just watched 3 weeks aint enough. i know they are slowly trying to get live back on its feet year buy year. but this game still is not ready. the movement is better but still very herky jerky.

i was watching the kevin love in the second video and could not figure out why he was posting up on defense. then it looks like the computer asks itself the same question and the offensive player runs around in front of him and just gets a a big ol brain fart. also in the same play, waiters response time to harden cutting is way to slow. it was like he saw beyoncee in the front row or something.

i would hold this game till christmas time mabey january. at this point your not going to get many new fans anyway. so hold out, fine tune the game some more and then release it later in the year. 3 weeks is much to short of time. this game needs work.
I agree with the Waiters comment, but defenses front the post all the time.

# 151 MarvellousOne @ 09/08/14 07:40 PM
Doesn't look to bad imo, it shows more improvements than Nba live 14. They definitely have put in work with the gameplay it seems you never know how much better it plays until a demo drops. Step in the right direction I think. I will say that the defense on the guys cutting out of bounds to the top of the 30th arc needs to improve, the ai just stands under the rim way to long before defending.

# 152 Jano @ 09/08/14 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
1. Passing still looks wonky. If you played 14, you know what I mean.
2. The jumping animations in clip 2 and 3 look terrible. Notice Howard in clip three and Love in clip two. It looks rigid, warpy, and unnatural.
3. The ball handler movement was awkward and clunky in 14. Notice how little these clips show the ball handler freely navigating the court. Ball handlers are (mostly) either in "bounce tek" animations or gathering for a layup/dunk. Makes me worry that they are scared to show off movement...
I can't speak on 1 as much because I didn't play much of Live 14. The passes didn't look that "odd" to me but I've never had the critical eye y'all do.

I will say the jumping did look odd especially because Howard jumped as if he was contesting a jumpshot as the ball went into the basket. To me it wasn't "warpy" or even unnatural it just looked weird in relation to what was going on. In real life no one would do that they'd be reaching for the basket and maybe pulling their hands away to avoid a goaltending.

What he did was jump straight up in the air which contextually speaking didn't make much sense. That situation has been a problem in Live for a while. Sometimes the players don't do contextually appropriate things when the user presses a button out of nowhere. By out of nowhere I mean to the game it probably looked at Howard jumping for the ball as late. It registered the ball in the basket so it cancelled out animations for reaching for a rebound. Or Howard wasn't close enough to "trigger" a rebounding animation so instead he jumps as if he's contesting a shot?

2K is much better about that kind of stuff. Even the players tracking each other off the ball move in ways that look odd simply because it seems as if they are moving like there isn't an offensive player near them.

I'd expect defensive player to attempt to close off a passing lane or something. Sometimes the defender is running along side the offensive player as if they are racing lol.

Honestly my expectations for bball games these days are kinda meh because I've got problems with the gameplay of both games. So even though this will LOOK like a step down from 2K doesn't mean I won't enjoy playing it.

I'm looking for enjoyment factor so if this game can give me that than I'm good. But at this stage of gaming people are right to expect enjoyment along with great looking animations especially when we compare Live 15 to other next gen games.

My final test will be the hands on time with the game. If it can be enjoyable for me than I'm all for it.

# 153 arkhamRejek @ 09/08/14 07:45 PM
This is the best Live has looked since 10, no surprise the release date got pushed back though guess its another win for 2k.
I'm one year away from becoming a pure 2k fanboy. Stopped playing live 08 because 2k just had the better game

# 154 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/14 07:47 PM
they are handling this delay better. I'm tweeting Sean tonight (hes taking questions at 8 est FYI) about the lack of off ball movements. Also about some animations like the passes and LBJ's dunk looked a little slow.

as far as the stiffness, graphics looking last gen, I don't see that....

# 155 arkhamRejek @ 09/08/14 07:48 PM
Only thing I do give live credit for is giving users full control, 2k give me full control and the ability to at least interrupt dunk animations and I'll never complain again. Heck no more sliding and I'll survive another year

# 156 sega2k @ 09/08/14 07:49 PM
So EA decides to help save face by releasing gameplay videos...

Pros:

1. Footplanting
2. Defense fronting the post
3. Boxing out
4. Change of speed
5. Dribbling seems smoother

Cons:

1.Offensive players standing around (Hasn't been fixed)
2. Hard to guard on-ball
3. Still stiff animations
4. Animations from 14 still present
5. No help defense

# 157 shutdown10 @ 09/08/14 07:52 PM
The game does look improved from Live 14, but that is not saying much. They better do everything they can to not make Live 15 have a $60 price tag on it because it is still not where it needs to be. I honestly don't know where they go from this.

# 158 youvalss @ 09/08/14 07:52 PM
I don't have a problem with the graphics, looks nice. I like this look much better than Live 14. Sounds are good too, hopefully it mean the atmosphere is great this year.

# 159 angelstrout @ 09/08/14 07:54 PM
What a disaster of gameplay was that? That was horrendous. What have they been working on all this months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 160 Sports fanantic @ 09/08/14 07:56 PM
At this point, i rather have NBA the Life come back. I'm sure Sony Studio can make their former game better (like MLB the Show). Very disappointed in EA Sports

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.