Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

It’s no surprise that Madden Ultimate Team is back for another year in Madden 15. This mode, which started way back in UEFA Champions League 2006-07 has become a required feature in all of EA’s annualized sports titles.

If you are brand new to Madden Ultimate Team (MUT), it’s essentially a trading card game, fantasy football, and Madden all rolled into one crazy-addicting mess. Open virtual packs, build a team, and ten play. Your results, along with other tasks, earn you coins to buy more packs. It's a continuous cycle that gives you the thrill of having the chance to pull that card. Of course, there’s the option to spend real money on those virtual packs as well.

This year, the process has been streamlined and the single-player offline mode has been given a lot more content. But, as always, the impulse to buy new packs and upgrade your team is at the core of MUT.

Read More - How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bubba4 @ 09/15/14 05:56 PM
I guess MUT is cool. I've checked the mode out but it never holds me. I've never been a fantasy player so I have no desire to play a game with mixed players, stars and legends. I am only interested in current rosters and the rosters of the teams that stars and legends come from. IMO, we are missing out on this feature where great teams from the past can match up with other or current teams. NBA2K has this down pat. But, MUT, FUT, and HUT has got to be a boon to EA money wise.

# 2 juice2142 @ 09/15/14 06:02 PM
I play a lot of FUT because it's got a nice season mode, easy to assemble a roster, and has more of an objective I feel. When I played MUT in the past, it seems like there are way too many superstar teams.

There are some things I don't like about this MUT. Badges as author mentions, just an annoying roadblock. Players who are not full ability. Ex: What's the point of giving everyone an 81 overall Richard Sherman or Aaron Rodgers cards? That defeats the purpose of the game. I also dont like all of the different player cards and legeneds. Gets kind of hectic to find players, etc.

# 3 JoshC1977 @ 09/15/14 08:20 PM
If they could combine MUT with more realistic game lengths, I would be much more inclined to play this personally (making it a mode to be much more invested in timewise). I like to play ball control football - and as the author states, one drive = one half when quarters are so short. I dabbled in it before and quickly lost interest as you have to 'cheese' to put up points so quickly and I want to play realistically.

But hey, other people have fun with what it currently is - so have at it.

# 4 Moose Factory @ 09/15/14 09:25 PM
MUT and HUT both just feel clunky to me compared to FUT. The user experience seems way more though out in FUT compared to the others. Pretty much everything about the FIFA series is why I still give money to EA.

# 5 ELDoro @ 09/16/14 12:46 AM
Mode sounds good but does it turn into one where everyone has star players at every position and everyone has the top players?

# 6 tarek @ 09/16/14 01:59 AM
Is it recommended to play MUT in coach mode? I don't play any other mode and feel like playing MUT in coach mode might not be the most ideal. If so, I'll skip it and continue with CFM, which I enjoy immensely.

# 7 iverson3 @ 09/16/14 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
Mode sounds good but does it turn into one where everyone has star players at every position and everyone has the top players?
No it doesn't. Usually people with all good players have spent a pretty penny on packs and what not.

# 8 Mr. Blitz @ 09/16/14 11:04 AM
I've been playing MUT since Madden 13, and I must say, this is probably the best it's ever been. I love what they've done with the player overalls this year. There's not many cards that are just unbeatable, which is good. Last year it seemed like they just kept making so many of these 99 overalls, and it seemed like anyone who was paying money to the game got them. This year (At least at this point in the MUT cycle) it's a lot more balanced. The main thing I don't like is contracts, but that's better than it was last year. If it were up to me, there wouldn't be any contracts. Other than that though, I'm enjoying MUT a lot so far.

# 9 johnny885 @ 09/18/14 06:42 PM
I never played it until this year, but with the issues with the CFM again this year I decided to try it and I like it. I will play until the offline Connected Franchise mode will be fix.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.