Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

It looks like 2K Sports will have a face scanning solution similar to EA's Game Face technology. Users will be able to scan their face into the game with their Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles.

Users can play NBA 2K15 with a player face that looks just like them. Check out the video at KTVU.

UPDATE: Ronnie has chimed in on Twitter. Looks like we'll see more soon.

Quote:
Yes FaceScan is in #NBA2K15 for MyCAREER/MyGM. Wait until we show you 2 videos today.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Ghostf4cekhila1234 @ 09/17/14 10:50 AM
PC owners can buy a kinnect though so it doesn't make sense IMO to not also have it for pc

# 102 23 @ 09/17/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think that every year but I cant stomach the cost of a new pc for only one game. I dont play other PC games.
Not for a game. Luckily I use my pc a lot besides games like Internet work ms office and a bunch of other things so the powerful rig comes in handy. I def. Don't regret it.

# 103 Lazarus Kane @ 09/17/14 10:53 AM
Is this for myPlayer only or can we do this when creating rookies or our myGM? I hope its not a myPlayer only feature.

# 104 Sundown @ 09/17/14 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
I just have 3 points.....

1. Holy Santa Claus ******( you fill in the blanks) lol

2. FINALLY my Kinect camera has a use for me!

3. I just hope us dark skinned brothers don't get shafted by this option like we did with last Gen technology.
I'm pretty sure it works on dark skinned brothers given the makeup of the league. Would be a little messed up if it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
I'm wondering how many faces will have either a butt/junk placed to it. Will they be monitoring them and deleting inappropriate ones?
They probably have automated junk detection technology.

I'm being totally serious. It wouldn't be too hard for 2k servers to peeform image recognition and check if the upload is actually a face and reject it if it isn't.

# 105 The 24th Letter @ 09/17/14 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It was expected and this is a good thing. However if my player mode is as bad as it was last year this is kind of a waste of a really good addition for me. The fact that this is something that's been around for a while now does lessen the "OMG" moment though.

Another game has the ability to scan your face through your console camera?

# 106 aholbert32 @ 09/17/14 10:56 AM
Regarding the new tech...meh.

It looks like it can only be used for my Player and actual people. I'm more interested in using this tech to create lifelike CAPs of players that EA doesnt have in the game (new rookies/FA) or Legends and I dont know how that would work.

At least with EA Gameface (which admittedly is average tech that needs tweaks to get a decent face) you are using a photo so it can be used for other CAPs. 2k's tech is cool and if I was getting it for the One, I would use it but I'm getting it for the PS4 and i'm not buying a PS camera for one feature.

# 107 Ghostf4cekhila1234 @ 09/17/14 10:57 AM
Window users will get the xbox connect v2 October 4th wassup 2k can we get this feature also

# 108 aholbert32 @ 09/17/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not for a game. Luckily I use my pc a lot besides games like Internet work ms office and a bunch of other things so the powerful rig comes in handy. I def. Don't regret it.
See I prefer Macs for everything else. I have an Imac and a Macbook. Both have Parallels which lets me access PC applications but they arent powerful enough to play NBA 2k. So I dont need the pc for other things like work or internet.

# 109 VDusen04 @ 09/17/14 10:58 AM
Really cool addition. Unfortunately, the XBox360 is still my current system, and I play it on a standard television. I would like to upgrade to a PS4 but there now seems to be so much cost that will come with such an upgrade (actual PS4, HDTV, 2K itself, and now a PS camera). I don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
However if my player mode is as bad as it was last year this is kind of a waste of a really good addition for me.
I was thinking about the MyPlayer mode too. On one hand, the idea of having my own face in the game would do a ton for immersion, but if MyPlayer and its storyline is similar to last year, it seems there'd be a lot of counterforce that could zap that immersion right back out. Time shall tell.

# 110 elgreazy1 @ 09/17/14 11:02 AM
Pretty freakin' sweet. Hope the implementation works well.

# 111 Sundown @ 09/17/14 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Lmao

2k would have to sell us mocap suits.

That would be sick lol

Jump shot scan.. You better patent it quick!
You know, it's actually possible to motion capture using the Kinect camera. Not as accurate as a professional rig but it's practically what it does. And there's been some usable software utilizing it.

# 112 23 @ 09/17/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
See I prefer Macs for everything else. I have an Imac and a Macbook. Both have Parallels which lets me access PC applications but they arent powerful enough to play NBA 2k. So I dont need the pc for other things like work or internet.
Yeah I don't have a mac. . Good point

# 113 Sundown @ 09/17/14 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I was thinking about the MyPlayer mode too. On one hand, the idea of having my own face in the game would do a ton for immersion, but if MyPlayer and its storyline is similar to last year, it seems there'd be a lot of counterforce that could zap that immersion right back out. Time shall tell.
Having internal dialogue that's not my own forced on me and seeing my actual self talking in someone else's voice is going to be really, really weird.

What I really want is for the announcer to say my name again, instead of some nick name. That would be serious fantasy fulfillment along with the face technology. I felt really, really lucky to be one of the ones who had their name announced in game-- especially when it wasn't a common one.

# 114 Boilerbuzz @ 09/17/14 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Jeff Thomas said that the other 2k games creators were excited about this. I'm going to bet that this face tech will be available for WWE2k15...
Maybe next year. First year implementation of things like this tend to need to work out growing pains.

# 115 King_B_Mack @ 09/17/14 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Really cool addition. Unfortunately, the XBox360 is still my current system, and I play it on a standard television. I would like to upgrade to a PS4 but there now seems to be so much cost that will come with such an upgrade (actual PS4, HDTV, 2K itself, and now a PS camera). I don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of this feature.

V, you need to upgrade to an HDTV before anything else man lol. It's time, you're missing out man. Once you watch tv in HD or game in HD, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

# 116 Trackball @ 09/17/14 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
They probably have automated junk detection technology.

I'm being totally serious. It wouldn't be too hard for 2k servers to peeform image recognition and check if the upload is actually a face and reject it if it isn't.
The implication is that some people will scan their very real face, and have it rejected because the game doesn't think it's a face.

Sort of like that face-following camera that it turned out couldn't detect black people.

(I'm not joking, that really happened.)

# 117 Pr33mo @ 09/17/14 11:12 AM
Would be dope if we can upload our player to share on 2kshare so others could use our faces to create a fictional draft

# 118 Shadojoker @ 09/17/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
Looks like I need to pick up the PS4 camera.
Yep i was thinking about the same thing

# 119 Sundown @ 09/17/14 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
The implication is that some people will scan their very real face, and have it rejected because the game doesn't think it's a face.

Sort of like that face-following camera that it turned out couldn't detect black people.

(I'm not joking, that really happened.)
It would be worth it just for the potential hilarity.

"Sorry, but your face scan submission was rejected by 2K servers. Reason:

Error code #40052 - Your face looks like butt."

# 120 CavsFanSteve @ 09/17/14 11:31 AM
God damnit......just sold my kinect a few days ago cause I didn't need it.........

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.