Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Video by Chris Smoove
on YouTube.

NBA 2K15 is rolling with a brand new look this year to MyCAREER with an all-new backstory where you will (spoiler alert) become an undrafted free agent. This year's mode begins in January instead of before the NBA season, where you will be signing on with short-term deals trying to make a team in the NBA. Another tidbit we've already known is you'll be able to scan your face into the game if you so choose, so your player will look a lot more like yourself if you want to go that route.

The big thing is that you'll be testing free agency right off of the bat, and testing different offers against one another. This is a unique take to the Career mode story, and it seems like a hopeful prospect that you'll be doing a lot of new things in this year's mode you haven't yet done.

Here's to hoping you can skip the cut scenes!

What did you think about the opening scene and the face scan technology?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Clappington @ 09/22/14 07:04 PM
If you think this is wack you buggin! this is a perfect story mode to go off this year, people complained about it being the same how they didn't want it to be you get drafted in 1st round so easy, now its you go undrafted and people still complain WHAT DO YOU WANT!?!? to me this kinda a little reminds me of Jeremy Lin to stardom. and who didnt like his story? lol stop complaining guys and just embrace what we want they are working hard for us.

# 102 kadzier @ 09/22/14 07:04 PM
I have to admit, I'm a little apprehensive. I was always fine with the idea of cutscenes, but hoped they'd have moved away from a completely linear experience with cheesy B-movie dialogue (still seems to be in, unfortunately) and just make the story supplement the day to day life of being an NBA player. I was hoping for the option to go first overall or totally undrafted and having to make it in the D-League. I'd think there's plenty of room for realistic, understated drama there, but this looks like another year we play 2K's story, not ours.

I can only hope we're not being taught special moves by Lebron James at mid court 5 minutes before a game this year, or that the game doesn't once again automatically give my team a 1 point deficit just so I can play hero.

# 103 The 24th Letter @ 09/22/14 07:04 PM
This is right up my alley...glad they've branched mycareer out...

Otherwise, I'd just quit 10 games in because of the monotony of playing games and getting a scroll of text saying how good/bad I did...

Also, the face scanning looks great to me...can't wait

# 104 grodbetatted @ 09/22/14 07:13 PM
Mycareer needs to go back to creating a player and focus on making you have to build up your player to be better in the NBA, shoe deals and magazines are cool, but the whole cut scenes and living out a predetermine story is wack. I could definitely careless about placing best with my draft rival Jackson Ellis

# 105 2ksportsnut @ 09/22/14 07:14 PM
My only hope is that you can skip the cut scenes this year. Otherwise I'll probably just skip this mode entirely.

In 2k14 I couldn't stand all the unskippable corny cut scenes that played out and the linear 2k story.

# 106 kadzier @ 09/22/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito100
For you guys that don't want the cut scenes and want to imagine/make up ur own thing.. Just create a player and put him on a team in your association and player lock on him and change the camera to the MyPlayer camera... See problem solved. Lol!
yeah, not the same, no teammate grade, individual drills/training camps... plus I for one am not anti cutscenes, I'm anti corny super unrealistic strictly linear cutscenes.

# 107 Crystar500 @ 09/22/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoOC
This won't sim when you're out of the game though, so you'll either have to play him the entire game or play as at least one other player at some point.

Also, if you're just creating a player and putting him on a team then he's not getting drafted either, so...
The second point could be argued against by saying that you can put the player you want in an upcoming draft class. xD

But, I agree. It's not the same! Much like when people ask for Creating a Legend to return and they get the same response of doing it in Association. Just not the same.

# 108 fcnquotes @ 09/22/14 07:45 PM
I really don't like how it's impossible to get drafted. I like the undrafted route as an option, but the draft was never the problem with mycareer.

# 109 jayman504 @ 09/22/14 08:16 PM
LMAO...yo I almost died of laughter watching him chase the agent around the room...lolol,. That scene looked like it was pulled straight from GTAV. pretty cool how it looks and how we'll have to earn our spot.

BTW F your table...LOL

# 110 Starwipe @ 09/22/14 08:17 PM
Not a fan of pre-determined story lines. In past 2K's I would just imagine all the outside stuff that was going on in my players world. It's called "MyCareer" but it's really not that anymore.

# 111 8KB24 @ 09/22/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwipe
Not a fan of pre-determined story lines. In past 2K's I would just imagine all the outside stuff that was going on in my players world. It's called "MyCareer" but it's really not that anymore.
Go play MyCareer on old gen consoles if you don't like it. Jeez. This ads flair to the life of your virtual NBA player. And I like it. Even moreso than last year.

# 112 Jmb4life @ 09/22/14 08:27 PM
Man, I don't know about ya'll but I'm really trippin this year on the lack of hairstyles. The MyCareer looks promising and all, but this bogus hairstyle dilemma has run its course. The last time we had a game with good fades and cuts was like 2k7-2k8. I hope we have better options this year but from what I've seen....bruh

# 113 Inzombniac @ 09/22/14 08:36 PM
Liking the look of it this year. The storylines in the game could be annoying but there were 82 games in the season so it wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be. This year, I don't know how it's going to pan out if there's scripted storylines in games but that's for us to find out when it happens.

Other than that, I'm all for going undrafted. If you got drafted to the wrong fitting team with a star already, then you were kind of either forced to ask for a trade or hope that you weren't playing out of position or that whoever was, was capable of. This way allows people to choose what team they want and potentially spend their entire career with that team IF that's how it works. It also makes it easier when you start multiple MyCareers instead of having to hope that you're traded to the team you want.

# 114 SPRINGS03 @ 09/22/14 08:39 PM
Damn, so we're getting another forced b movie storyline again? Am i the only one who thought my player was better without the storyline?

# 115 I Djm @ 09/22/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Damn, so we're getting another forced b movie storyline again? Am i the only one who thought my player was better without the storyline?
2k11 was basically the peak of my player

# 116 etched Chaos @ 09/22/14 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynogamez
Another corny year for mycareer Only 12 years old would enjoy that...
Ugh, why do some players hate the story so much? Do you actually enjoy the mindless grind of before? Game after game with nothing else but a few social media comments, oh and a few drills. Who cares if it's cheesy? It's a whole lot better than the sterile, empty and soulless versions that came beforehand.

It seems to me that some posters just want to hate on the story idea, even though they can play the last-gen version with no story at all.

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I want the devs to know there are those of us who love the story idea. Those who want bigger and bolder stories, with multiple paths and all the glorious cutscenes that come with it. Because the main voices about MyCareer these days seems to be those who want to hate on the story, after all the disgruntled minority are often the loudest.

So 2ksports, keep on doing what you're doing, but please let us skip cutscenes :P.

# 117 BA2929 @ 09/22/14 09:03 PM
Quote:
Another corny year for mycareer Only 12 years old would enjoy that...
I enjoyed it in 2k14 and I'm in my 30s.

Yes, some of it was quite dumb, but I had fun with a majority of the mode.

Great part is: If you think it's lame, you don't have to play it!

# 118 OkayC @ 09/22/14 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
2k11 was basically the peak of my player
this, 2k mc went downhill when instead of moving forward, they kept taking crap out.Why? who knows. i woulda perferred they just added on to mc each year, instead of literally going backwards with it every year until they just revamped the mode instead of just adding on to what made it good.

# 119 HowDareI @ 09/22/14 09:05 PM
Guys, you really gotta understand this is an NBA game....NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION...it's rated E for Everyone. Just because we're all late teens or adults doesn't mean it is going to be marketed to us.

Everything in the game has to be okayed by the NBA, they can't have a non "corny" story with drugs and curses because Adam Silver's not gonna allow that. Same reason players aren't getting booed and no techs for fights and all that.

Personally I think this route is more believable, we're creating guys that have no college background compared to people like Wiggins and Parker so why should we be drafted?

I'm only disappointed in the hair, it's really not that hard to get just one simple fade or lineup.

# 120 swac07 @ 09/22/14 09:08 PM
Quote:
If the story was less corny that would be ok but right now i can guess that the story will still be as corny as 2k14 was….. only good for 12 years old who enjoy wearing a red clown nose lol.
You do know stuff like that goes on in the real Nba behind closed doors hazi...i mean err rookie rituals....so they werent far off actually from reality...
Cheers!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.