Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Whenever the NBA 2K series is mentioned, the servers are without question, high on the hit list for complaints. In NBA 2K14, problems were still happening well into December last year.

Rob Jones, senior producer for NBA 2K15, mentioned in an interview with Polygon, that they put two of their top dogs on the network infrastructure.

Quote:
According to Jones, two of Visual Concepts' top engineers spent the entire NBA 2K15 development cycle working on network infrastructure. The studio rewrote the game's matchmaking logic as well as the way it delivers content to players. The developers also compartmentalized the various modes, so if connectivity for, say, MyTeam goes down, the problem hopefully won't prevent people from playing MyCareer. On the back end, NBA 2K15 will alert Visual Concepts' support staff as soon as a problem crops up. And it will give players error codes, so they'll be able to look up specific issues online.

Hopefully the servers hold up a lot better this year. We will find out on October 7th, when NBA 2K15 releases for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 alkamist @ 09/29/14 11:49 PM
Lies they have 2 guys working on crappy network. Come on.... seeing is believing, my guess is someone is going to lose there jobs if it screws up again...

# 62 Boilerbuzz @ 09/30/14 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamist
Lies they have 2 guys working on crappy network. Come on.... seeing is believing, my guess is someone is going to lose there jobs if it screws up again...
Well, if someone does, I'll bet money it won't be two of their best engineers. Considering what they've done over the last 15 years, I think those guys jobs are safe.

# 63 T_M3 @ 10/04/14 05:31 AM
AGREED. I had to quit playing online on next gen due to LAG.

# 64 oasis90 @ 10/04/14 08:29 AM
I really hope that's true but mmm.. We'll see..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

# 65 mrclutch @ 10/05/14 10:43 AM
Glad to see they started from scratch. Hope it pays off.

# 66 siraulo234 @ 10/05/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliitz
Hopefully this means Australians have an actual chance at playing online this year. Sounds great.
it's still gonna sucks unfortunately haha

# 67 tray03 @ 10/05/14 08:09 PM
So only 2 guys to fix a major issue. I stop playing 2k14 because of how bad and laggy the games were. I hope 2k15 is not plagued by the same issue

# 68 Boilerbuzz @ 10/06/14 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tray03
So only 2 guys to fix a major issue. I stop playing 2k14 because of how bad and laggy the games were. I hope 2k15 is not plagued by the same issue
Who said ONLY those guys? The conclusions people draw from simple statements are hilariously baffling.

# 69 tray03 @ 10/06/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Who said ONLY those guys? The conclusions people draw from simple statements are hilariously baffling.
It was sarcasm, it was not a literal statement. Its a big design studio of course they will have more than 2 guys working on the issue. However because of the horrible online experience in 2k14 on Xbox one, i wouldn't be surprised it was only 2 people on the job. It was inexcusable the fact i didn't play 1 lag free game on a Next generation system. 2k is my favorite game and has been since dreamcast days.

# 70 dpower15 @ 10/07/14 02:43 PM
Well the servers don't seem any better to me. How can I play an online game of Destiny seamlessly yet I can't even retrieve data to buy gear for MyPlayer? Disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 71 dre2 @ 10/07/14 02:50 PM
Destiny had one of if not the largest budget of all time for a video game though dude.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...dence-we-have/

# 72 dpower15 @ 10/07/14 03:04 PM
I know that's not the point. I can play other online games with no issues at all but can't do something as simple as browsing accessories.

# 73 kidanything2 @ 10/07/14 03:28 PM
They don't seem any better to me in the short time I've had. I've been kicked out of all 3 online games I've played, get randomly denied access to MyTeam, and won a Domination mode game without getting the packs I was supposed to.

# 74 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 10/07/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Well the servers don't seem any better to me. How can I play an online game of Destiny seamlessly yet I can't even retrieve data to buy gear for MyPlayer? Disappointing to say the least.

To be fair, Destiny was pretty much a trainwreck for the first couple days, and also had a Beta to help figure out any issues with the servers.

I wouldn't judge 2K's servers just based on the first day. Most games don't play well online this early.

# 75 Kodii Rockets @ 10/07/14 03:57 PM
I wasn't even able to play an online match last night, I'm sure this will be addressed, but it made me chuckle to myself(In an I want to set your building on fire type of way...)

# 76 Saturnis @ 10/07/14 04:03 PM
i knew this thread was going to be a straight up lie the moment i read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
To be fair, Destiny was pretty much a trainwreck for the first couple days, and also had a Beta to help figure out any issues with the servers.

I wouldn't judge 2K's servers just based on the first day. Most games don't play well online this early.
first day? this has been going on for years.

# 77 threattonature @ 10/07/14 04:07 PM
Quote:

I think it would be really helpful if 2k release a summer league package like they did a few years ago. Something where players can create a player early and play summer league games or something and maybe even open up The Park early as a way to beta test the servers. Charge $5 or $10 for it and I know tons of people would be willing to try it early.

# 78 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 10/07/14 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnis
i knew this thread was going to be a straight up lie the moment i read it.

first day? this has been going on for years.
Yes, but that was before they supposedly dedicated a lot more attention to improving the servers this year. What's happened in the past is in the past. The servers could very well turn out to be poor once again, but there's absolutely no way to tell that based on the first day that the game is out.

# 79 Saturnis @ 10/07/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Yes, but that was before they supposedly dedicated a lot more attention to improving the servers this year. What's happened in the past is in the past. The servers could very well turn out to be poor once again, but there's absolutely no way to tell that based on the first day that the game is out.
you actually can when the myplayer store takes 30 mins to load. I don't care what they have said, the fact is it will be just like before. They had years to fix it and haven't and I'm not going to be gullible and think they woke up one magical morning and decided they needed to fix it.

# 80 oasis90 @ 10/07/14 04:56 PM
What a joke 2k, what a joke.. Terrible.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.