Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Whenever the NBA 2K series is mentioned, the servers are without question, high on the hit list for complaints. In NBA 2K14, problems were still happening well into December last year.

Rob Jones, senior producer for NBA 2K15, mentioned in an interview with Polygon, that they put two of their top dogs on the network infrastructure.

Quote:
According to Jones, two of Visual Concepts' top engineers spent the entire NBA 2K15 development cycle working on network infrastructure. The studio rewrote the game's matchmaking logic as well as the way it delivers content to players. The developers also compartmentalized the various modes, so if connectivity for, say, MyTeam goes down, the problem hopefully won't prevent people from playing MyCareer. On the back end, NBA 2K15 will alert Visual Concepts' support staff as soon as a problem crops up. And it will give players error codes, so they'll be able to look up specific issues online.

Hopefully the servers hold up a lot better this year. We will find out on October 7th, when NBA 2K15 releases for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 biatch0 @ 10/08/14 03:02 AM
Posting in an epic thread...

# 102 Shakedowncapo @ 10/08/14 05:33 AM
Played a friend across the coast tonight and the input lag was terrible. We finished the game but it was not enjoyable at all as every input was a second late.

# 103 lvnba @ 10/08/14 06:51 AM
This is 2014.

# 104 Dtownballa @ 10/08/14 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Played 8 ranked games tonight all lag free with no input lag. Maybe yall need to check your connections. Hope yall not on stealing that Starbucks wifi...lol. But seriously 2k should be commended. I haven't seen such smooth connectivity during release day....wellll...since never!...this post is holding up to the fire in my book.
So you must have the best connection in the world, and everybody else's connection is just terrible? That does not seem plausible. If you look around, you'll find this is widespread issue, not a individual persons connection issue.

# 105 Clappington @ 10/08/14 08:56 AM
Lol I get randomly lobbed from a mypark game then they reset my rep because of their servers.

# 106 amedawg00 @ 10/08/14 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownballa
So you must have the best connection in the world, and everybody else's connection is just terrible? That does not seem plausible. If you look around, you'll find this is widespread issue, not a individual persons connection issue.
Just reporting my experiences. I have had zero lag issues since the game officially released. But then again, I have only experimented with ranked games. Havent delved into the the park, stage, myteam or whatever mode most of the casuals, who happen to be 2ks biggest demographics are overwhelming. I feel bad for those experiecing input lag or server disconnects. I would just recommend that everyone check to make sure their NAT is open and that they are direct connect, and preferably not through a router. Try wifi at your own risk...lol.

# 107 Shakedowncapo @ 10/08/14 12:19 PM
UPDATE:

Played my cousin who lives 10 minutes down the street and its the same input lag as playing my friend in Las Vegas.

I really hope this is ironed out in the next week.

# 108 quehouston @ 10/08/14 12:32 PM
I played 2 private matches and an Online Ranked last night. Got kicked from one of the private matches, but the other 2 ran with no lag. And when I was finally able to get in a park game last night, i was able to run 4 smooth games straight until we got kicked.

# 109 dpower15 @ 10/08/14 02:03 PM
Every time I've gone to the park today there has been at most 1 game going with all other courts glitched and people just standing there unable to even move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 110 Hotobu @ 10/08/14 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuskew
This is awful.
Both guys worked hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Lol I get randomly lobbed from a mypark game then they reset my rep because of their servers.
Both guys worked hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
UPDATE:

Played my cousin who lives 10 minutes down the street and its the same input lag as playing my friend in Las Vegas.

I really hope this is ironed out in the next week.
Both guys worked hard my man
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Every time I've gone to the park today there has been at most 1 game going with all other courts glitched and people just standing there unable to even move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both guys worked hard. God bless and good night.

# 111 KingTocco @ 10/08/14 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Just reporting my experiences. I have had zero lag issues since the game officially released. But then again, I have only experimented with ranked games. Havent delved into the the park, stage, myteam or whatever mode most of the casuals, who happen to be 2ks biggest demographics are overwhelming. I feel bad for those experiecing input lag or server disconnects. I would just recommend that everyone check to make sure their NAT is open and that they are direct connect, and preferably not through a router. Try wifi at your own risk...lol.
I have a fantastic internet connection and for every other device/game I own it works great.

This game, not so much. It actually barely works at all...so good for you but this is a huge widespread issue.

I also noticed you slipped the word "Casuals" in there as if to say you are above those other modes. If they aren't for you then fine, but no need to state it like that.

# 112 NDAlum @ 10/08/14 07:08 PM
Undersell and over deliver. The way of wise men

Bad move to post that it was fixed prior to release. Kinda fell flat on their faces with this one and will play catch up to not piss off too many people.

# 113 LikeGoku @ 10/08/14 07:21 PM
They say something about servers being better every year, and every year they're awful especially at the beginning. I can't even play MyPlayer half the time because it can't find the file from server. How about they don't require online to get my save when the servers down if the servers can't handle it for ****s sake. I knew park wouldn't work too, I haven't touched it yet but watched my friend try on twitch, in an hour he got to play just one game and after the W his court glitched again then he gave up. All those multiple connections needed for park when literally nobody cares about watching others play, there can't be an autoplay button instead of being forced to wait and stand around a park where nearly every court is glitched to death? 2K couldn't god forbid just give us crew mode, the mode fans have asked for in droves? Ugh

# 114 knick9 @ 10/08/14 07:26 PM
They seriously should just shut it down and come up with a new launch date. It's not playable.

# 115 wferguson05 @ 10/08/14 07:26 PM
This game is brand new and the servers are not working at this time. I am not able to connect to my friends online for a game and this is a problem. 2K does not have much time before I start requesting a refund and purchase the title from the competition.

# 116 Starwipe @ 10/08/14 07:29 PM
If you start a MyCareer offline to begin with, does it work the same and does everything save locally? Can you even start a MyCareer if you're offline? It seems instead of the video game experience getting better and expanding as time goes on, it's going backwards and getting more restrictive.

# 117 Pared @ 10/08/14 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wferguson05
This game is brand new and the servers are not working at this time. I am not able to connect to my friends online for a game and this is a problem. 2K does not have much time before I start requesting a refund and purchase the title from the competition.
Good luck with that man.

# 118 thedream2k13 @ 10/08/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wferguson05
Yep every time I try to set up a private match it dies when trying to setup the game

# 119 ClevelandFan @ 10/09/14 12:18 AM
Hey so...is this crap gonna be fixed this month? I wanna play MyTeam and MyPlayer.

# 120 Boilerbuzz @ 10/09/14 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Hey so...is this crap gonna be fixed this month? I wanna play MyTeam and MyPlayer.

I'm sure there will be an emergency patch as soon as they get a handle on all of the issues.

This **** never fails. Every year there is a handful of launch issues. Has to be frustrating. In my opinion, this is the stuff that should justify a beta - screw a demo! ESPECIALLY when there is some major rewrite. But I'm not clear on the logistics of it. But, hell, it's not like other console titles don't do it... (Destiny - but even they had a couple of issues. Wasn't there a server restart for them recently?)

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.