Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Whenever the NBA 2K series is mentioned, the servers are without question, high on the hit list for complaints. In NBA 2K14, problems were still happening well into December last year.

Rob Jones, senior producer for NBA 2K15, mentioned in an interview with Polygon, that they put two of their top dogs on the network infrastructure.

Quote:
According to Jones, two of Visual Concepts' top engineers spent the entire NBA 2K15 development cycle working on network infrastructure. The studio rewrote the game's matchmaking logic as well as the way it delivers content to players. The developers also compartmentalized the various modes, so if connectivity for, say, MyTeam goes down, the problem hopefully won't prevent people from playing MyCareer. On the back end, NBA 2K15 will alert Visual Concepts' support staff as soon as a problem crops up. And it will give players error codes, so they'll be able to look up specific issues online.

Hopefully the servers hold up a lot better this year. We will find out on October 7th, when NBA 2K15 releases for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 23 @ 09/25/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is aware of their ongoing server issues. I was simply pointing out they were still having MAJOR server issues well into December, that's all. I report news, don't get it twisted.
It's obvious he hasn't been here long and he makes the most ridiculous assumptions based off of not much at all.

Won't even get into how this is the 2nd time he's been owned by someone like you and czar for it. Smh

# 42 RipCity71252 @ 09/25/14 02:40 PM
Not sure if it's been talked about yet, but will we be able to share created players this year?

# 43 kevmasood @ 09/25/14 02:40 PM
We all, know that that the Servers is shakey, when the new game drops, But it also got a lot to do with, with the two opponents connection too, Yea, we blame the servers, but if one is on WIFI, and the other is Hardwired to the modem, what percentage the game is going to hold up, to be completed. ask yourself.

And the servers is bad at times, and i also completed a ton of 12 minute qtr games, and League games. But the servers need more stability, like the other company, Thanks

# 44 seanhazz1 @ 09/25/14 03:31 PM
Quote:
We are confident that it's way better than it ever has been before. And then we ship, and that's the true stress test," said Jones of NBA 2K15's online infrastructure
So as I understand it, after the studio rewrote the game's matchmaking logic, we are going to BUY our way into their production STRESS TEST for $60, BEFORE we even know the long standing server issues are actually fixed and tested (by their pre-release stress test), instead of them releasing the DEMO (no demo to be released), which includes a head-to-head online matchup option, to test the "stressed" servers.

I don't understand that decision especially since the biggest money making games beta test their games to the general public before release to work out the last of the bugs before release.

Personally I will STILL be buying both NBA games at some point and keeping both on the same short lease, but not releasing a demo after a major code re-write as stated in the interview, does not bode well for that particular fix. Everything else 2K has released about the game seems to rate anywhere from great to somewhat amazing to integrate from one year's release to the next, except this one BIG thing.

# 45 Guard-ian @ 09/25/14 04:03 PM
Hopefully they have worked also in bringing back the 'old school' Online Leagues (2k11-like) with all those admin and customization options... that and servers stability is all I can ask for...

Have a great hoops season guys!!! ;-)

# 46 MasonOS95 @ 09/25/14 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
All talk until the stress test during release week. In show me mode at this point; won't be fooled again. ..
lucky for me i dont play online anymore

# 47 GSWarriors9 @ 09/25/14 04:49 PM
Great news. I play online 90% of the time so the servers usually effect if I can play 2K or not.

# 48 2ksportsnut @ 09/25/14 06:37 PM
I'll believe the online is improved when I see it. I hear this from 2k every year before the game is released, that things will be better and that they did this or that and then when you go buy and play the game you have nothing but problems.

During the year the support will say they fixed this or that online and it will be fine for a short time and then it just gets bad again. Rince and repeat all year long. 2k hasn't proved to me yet that they are capable of handling their online responsibilities. I hope they prove me wrong this year, but I'm skeptical.

# 49 8and9 @ 09/25/14 07:10 PM
We'll see on release day.

# 50 SPRINGS03 @ 09/25/14 07:56 PM
I don't play online as much, just here and there in 2k. But that's interesting, maybe whenever i cop 2k15 i'll actually get into online more.

# 51 LakersForLife @ 09/25/14 08:31 PM
It's funny how you can't play a private 2v2 team up in 2k14, with today's modern day technology

# 52 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/14 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
@Steve_OS... What is with your misleading characterization of "well into December of last year"?? I hope you're not spinning for 2K here. Everyone that's ever played 2k14 knows that server problems plague the game up until this very day. Lag in almost every game, every timeout with bouncing jerseys, input delays while making subs during timeouts, game hanging during matchmaking/synchronizing, lag during free throws, inability to play head to head with friends "server unavailable" (my friend sold his game 2 months ago, not last December, since we couldn't play eachother) ... Not to mention that the servers are down for HOURS at a time every other week.

The longer I'm here, the more see this sort out of foxnews/msnbc style political theater and spin. Is your basketball game unit just an extension of 2k? I, frequently, witness mods here sacrificing their time to defend 2k while they post nothing but negativity themselves on the Live boards. I'm not a Live fan myself, but it's not hard to see and can be proven with a quick post history lookup.
So what is your deal dude? It's not like anyone said there weren't issues. Yet, you're trumpeting a conspiracy narrative just because he didn't serve up the hyperbole you do? If your such an expert, why don't you send a resume to VC. I'm sure they would welcome your expertise in all matters of gaming, basketball, and networking.

# 53 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
You're lucky if you get a private 1 vs 1 to work in 2K14, much less 2 vs 2. How it was released in that state I'll never know.
Or maybe YOU are just one of the unlucky.

# 54 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/14 10:18 PM
Quote:
Boiler, Google is your friend. This is a KNOWN problem with the game.
Thinker, use your powers of thinking. Just because you can google people complaining, does NOT mean they represent the masses. It's certainly the POPULAR problem. I sure hope you're not one of those people that lets Google form your opinions.

So, tell me where in my post do is say there is no problem?

# 55 xfghdfyj @ 09/25/14 10:52 PM
if what they are saying is true and the servers is stable enough then this will be the best basketball game for me!

# 56 RustyBlue @ 09/25/14 11:47 PM
ive heard this before...i'll believe it when i see it

# 57 King_B_Mack @ 09/25/14 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Exactly the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the title of this.

# 58 iLLosophy @ 09/26/14 04:28 AM
Spoiler

# 59 Hotobu @ 09/26/14 04:38 AM
Nobody should be excited about this. Thankful if it comes to fruition, yes, excited with anticipation, no. 2K has had connectivity issues going all the way back to 2K9. This was the game where the the (then) newly introduced teamup mode had a less than 5% chance of getting started, and that was with a MAX of 6 people, from there you were lucky if you played a few minutes. Net connectivity was god awful, even regular quick matches were bad. Every online mode of every 2K basketball game has been TERRIBLE since (I decided to skip 13 and 14, so I can't say that with first hand certainty, but from everything I've read, and people I know it's been more of the same.)

There' no way that they didn't know this has been an ongoing problem FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS. After all that time they decide to get 2 guys to fix it? Think about how silly that sounds. What's been going on for the last 6 years? Ignorance, incompetence or indifference? What combination of the 3 is it because those are the only 3 options here.

I can already anticipate the "dur, well would you rather they do nothing?" reply. Save it. Of course this is better than nothing, but 6 years and 2 guys is embarrassing for a company that's a leader in sports gaming.

# 60 pikten @ 09/26/14 08:14 AM
I think their primary target for improving their servers is all about vc and online saves the online gaming comes second priority but i beleive it would be better this year

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.