Home
NHL 15 News Post

Electronic Arts recently emailed select NHL 15 owners a survey that asks for feedback on this year's game and attempts to judge fans' interest in a few potential features for NHL 16.

Forum user NJDEVIL30274 posted a cell phone screen capture of the survey on Electronic Arts' official forums, showing some of the new features that the company is considering:

GM Connected, the 180-player online franchise mode that debuted in NHL 13 and was dropped from the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions of NHL 15, is disappointingly absent from this list. Though given EA's statements on the mode's metrics during a public Q&A that was conducted back in August, its absence is perhaps expected.

It's no surprise, either, to see Ultimate Team receiving so much attention, since EA continues to tout it as the series' most-played mode. Recent earnings reports have placed Hockey Ultimate Team's year-over-year digital revenue gains at 50% and 113% for the first two fiscal quarters of 2015.

The return of the EA Sports Hockey League (which also brings in digital revenue via paid attribute boosts) seems inevitable, and will likely win back some fans who skipped NHL 15. Rebuilding old modes from past titles, however, may not be enough to reverse the franchise's negative momentum in North America, where retail sales have decreased every season since NHL 11.

Surely EA will have some bigger surprises to share with its fanbase by the time E3 arrives next June.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bwiggy33 @ 12/01/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balljonesjr
NHL fans sorry but i have to add this ... why cant they do this for madden?
If you're talking survey, they did do it. So far I have seen surveys in my inbox for NHL, Madden, and UFC. I can't remember if the FIFA one has been sent out yet. For some reason I feel like I remember seeing but I'm not totally sure.

# 42 bibibanax @ 12/01/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
It's funny how EA is getting ripped for asking for the fans feedback. Yes, some of the items seem dumb, but at least they are asking before implementing! Also, they selected a committee of fans to help with EASHL. We should be applauding them right now for making an effort.
Because we cannot trust them! They said they take a year off on PS4 to give an excellent NHL 15 and it's one of the worst edtions of the game.

Look at the Twitter account and they ONLY talk about HUT. Not the #1 mode but the ONLY mode.

Nobody talked about 3 VS 3 big head or Zamboni mode.... having those suggestions in a Survey in already too much.

A lot of people complained about bouncing pucks or missing modes, but we never received answer....

So, it's good to ask feedback.... but they have to read and listen to them...

# 43 canucksss @ 12/01/14 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
Applaud them? How about they take the feedback that has already been given and quite loudly I might add. Bring back the missing game modes, fix the ones they left in and work on the AI. Why spend time on foolish gimmicks when the core of the game is a mess?

I will not applaud them until we see results.
Excellent post.

The reason why they ask feedback is because they already have in mind what they will put in the next game. By putting Zamboni and Big Heads in NHL 16 they can now declare (rather fool those naive, fanboys) that they listened to their consumers and their consumers resounding voted for these two.

# 44 Vikes1 @ 12/01/14 03:37 PM
With all the flack that EA has caught over '15', pretty weird that they'd risk pissing off the 'Core' even further with racing and big head stuff as suggestion for '16'. Unless they truly are that far out of touch. Or maybe trying to funny? I hope.

# 45 GlennN @ 12/01/14 04:23 PM
None of the above. And this is what makes me think I may never trade in my 360. There is just nothing in next gen sports gaming that excites me.

# 46 scottiej86 @ 12/01/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
If you're talking survey, they did do it. So far I have seen surveys in my inbox for NHL, Madden, and UFC. I can't remember if the FIFA one has been sent out yet. For some reason I feel like I remember seeing but I'm not totally sure.
do you have a link to the UFC survey?

# 47 ericromain @ 12/02/14 01:50 AM
I think a lot of you are misunderstanding the point of the survey. They are listing a ton possible additions from the likely to the silly. It's meant to gauge what's important to the fans.
It doesn't mean someone is gung ho on adding Zamboni races.

# 48 Moose24x @ 12/02/14 02:17 AM
All garbage besides authentic IIHF teams. Literally not a single thing I would care about if they added.

# 49 Fiddy @ 12/02/14 08:19 AM
Sigh.

This game no matter what year is what it is at this point. That will never change.

An arcade game with simulation elements. When they embrace that, then they will be on to something.

---

Basic Modes, no excuses!

Franchise Mode - control all teams, 25 years etc.
Season Mode - control all teams, w/option to turn into franchise
Play Now - Offline/Online (Offline/.Online Seasons Mode)
HUT - Offline/Online (Offline/Online Seasons Mode w/salary cap)
EASHL - (Online Seasons Mode, plus weekly tournaments to enter)
OTP - (Custom lobbies for the OTP Leagues etc)

Then add these..

Team Builder - (Just like NCAA Football's for Offline/Online use)
3 on 3 Mode - (Offline/Online with updated rosters)
Online Tournaments (Weekly etc)
---

This for the most part would then have something for everyone. From fast paced causal gamers, to even us hardcore guys to did into (if sliders have more effect on game play).

UGH...

# 50 bigwill33 @ 12/02/14 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
I think a lot of you are misunderstanding the point of the survey. They are listing a ton possible additions from the likely to the silly. It's meant to gauge what's important to the fans.
It doesn't mean someone is gung ho on adding Zamboni races.
I don't think that anyone is really missing the point at all. With all of the things that were left out of this game because of a supposed lack of man power with the development team to even have these things on this list be mentioned by that very team is disturbing to a community of sim players.

I could go as far as to suggest that the very notion that someone is sitting there and either thinking up these dumb ideas or that they are taking the time to read feedback on them is a waste of resources when so many other features are missing, have been removed, or don't work properly to begin with.

This would be the equivalent to a car company creating car with 3 wheels that can only turn right and asking their consumers if they would like a popcorn maker in the next version of that car.

# 51 actionhank @ 12/02/14 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
It's funny how EA is getting ripped for asking for the fans feedback. Yes, some of the items seem dumb, but at least they are asking before implementing! Also, they selected a committee of fans to help with EASHL. We should be applauding them right now for making an effort.
But when asking is you saying "I would really love to get a new hockey stick for Christmas" and i say "What did you say you wanted? You want a baseball bat that makes cool sounds when you swing it?" and you reply "...No...i just want a normal, functioning hockey stick. No need to get fancy" and i pause for a second and say "Yeeeah. I'm gonna give you a baseball bat that makes cool noises. Don't worry, i'll put some lights on it."

Yeah, they're asking, but they're asking the wrong questions. Most people don't want new game modes, they don't want stupid mini-games, they just want the game modes they already love to work and be fun. I don't need something to do during load screens, i want shorter load times and gameplay that sucks me in and doesn't feel so robotic.
The committee itself was frustrating. Why an EASHL committee? Why not general gameplay? Why not Be a GM? Why is it that with every new layer that gets peeled back, EA just seems to care more about making a cash grab for players dollars over actually making the game fun for people who do something other than play online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
You guys are acting as if these will be all the modes in the next year's game. lol. Zamboni race could be fun, or it could be stupid as hell depends how they do it, but it seems unnecessary. I'm a game play guy so I'm hoping they add more animations and fix the skill stick's 'basicness' lol
I don't think many, if any, people are under the impression that those will be the only game modes. But when the product that is NHL15 was sent out in the unfinished state despite all of the extra time, and the reasoning is suggested that it's because they didn't have the man-power to get everything done, seeing goofy things like Zamboni races while things like Be a GM have been stale for years is disappointing. I don't think Be a Zamboni Driver is going to replace Be a GM, but when it's even mentioned in the conversation at all, it makes me think that EA has no idea what people think of their game, and just think they need a new gimmick to get people to pay instead of realizing that they're going to get way more people back and spending on their game with simple improvements to their established game modes.

# 52 Moose24x @ 12/02/14 12:35 PM
Perfect replies from Will and Hank.

# 53 canucksss @ 12/02/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Perfect replies from Will and Hank.
Yey! 101 % agree with them.....true gamers indeed and true grit hockey lovers!

# 54 JimmyDeicide @ 12/02/14 09:31 PM
Ea didnt have the time to get EASHL in the game after 2 yrs now they wanna focus on a new mode, are they gonna put all the missing **** back in first?
FFS its going to be 2020 before a defensemen stands you up at the blue line.

I refuse to listen to this idiotic **** any more, get knotted EA. Sigh. wheres the middle finger emoticon.

Oh and the list says modes they are considering? they are only considering putting EASHL back in? we have to check the extremely interested box? LOL

# 55 nanman2012 @ 12/03/14 06:54 AM
This is why EA needs competition. It keeps them from cutting and cutting. I don't like surveys because i know zamboni racing will be voted by all casual guys. Meanwhile Franchise mode is crap. Glad I kept my 13 and my 360.

# 56 bradbitte @ 12/03/14 12:02 PM
Historic teams & players, vintage gears, authentic old school arenas. 2 games in 1

# 57 PPerfect_CJ @ 12/04/14 09:43 AM
At this point, I'm almost surprised they haven't added a Zombie Player mode, since zombies are really popular, right now. Then, for NHL 17, they could introduce Ultimate Zombie Team and get all of those micro-transactions that they love so much/only care about.

# 58 yambag021 @ 12/08/14 08:48 PM
"zamboni racing"

is ea f'ing serious? this company has become such a crackerjack piece of garbage it's amazing.

someone NEEDS to step up and make a competing nhl game again. when nhl2k was in it's prime, ea was forced to put out a quality product. now that they are the only gig in town, they are pawning off hot garbage like zamboni racing. embarrassing.

# 59 WildVikingFox @ 12/10/14 01:41 PM
I NEEED Team Creator!

World Cup of Hockey and Owner Mode would also be fantastic additions!

# 60 Sdrawkcab321 @ 12/15/14 11:14 PM
Owner mode would be really cool if they have it like madden. Relocations would be fun. But what the hell EA. You've been working on this game for 2 years. Shouldn't you have these things figured out a while ago? You should have these modes built and being tested right now so it's ready to go come next year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.