Home
Super Mega Baseball News Post

Super Mega Baseball was announced back in September for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Metalhead Studios has revealed today, the game will be available on December 16th for $19.99. If you purchase the PS4 version of the game, you will receive the PS3 version through the cross-buy program.

Below are some of the details on the game:
  • 2-4 player couch co-op/competitive: This can be head-to-head, 2v1, 2v2, or co-op vs the CPU. When you’ve got a teammate, you’ll be alternating batting/running each at-bat, and alternating pitching/fielding each inning. This means everyone’s involved and you’ll have to be on your toes. There’s per-user, sliding difficulty settings, meaning you’ll be able to easily setup a close game between friends of any skill levels.
  • Ultra responsive, blazing fast gameplay: In a nutshell, you’re going to spend most of your time telling your players what to do. All the cinematic stuff is skippable and you’ll be able to cut through 9-innings in 20 minutes. The basic controls are ultra-easy to learn, but you’ll need to master jumping, diving, wall-catches, power-swings, and cut-off plays to properly dominate your friends.
  • Full batting/pitching stats: There’s not much to say here other than that the information you expect to see is all there.
  • Realistic simulation and physics: Don’t be fooled by the light-hearted/comical presentation; the fundamentals of the sport of baseball are here.
  • Leveling System: You’ll tally up Starpoints for hits/strikeouts/catches during each game, Level Up once you have enough, and then hire staff to train and coach your players, boosting their abilities. Use that jacked up team to win at higher difficulties (and post higher leaderboard scores than your friends!).
  • Team customizations: Customize the look of your squad to your hearts delight. You can make as many aesthetic adjustments as you want. Laaaaadies… are in the house (and the game).

Game: Super Mega BaseballReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 5 - View All
Super Mega Baseball Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nemesis04 @ 12/03/14 02:35 PM
Looking forward to this. Has that power pros feel to it.

# 2 PES3Paul @ 12/03/14 05:08 PM
"Lowlyhood". LMAO

# 3 bcruise @ 12/03/14 05:31 PM
Quote:
Laaaaadies… are in the house (and the game)
Haha, this is just screaming Baseball Stars now.

That's a good thing, btw.

No online play is a bit of a downer.

# 4 nemesis04 @ 12/03/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

No online play is a bit of a downer.
Maybe share play could help with this.

# 5 Simple Mathematics @ 12/03/14 07:28 PM
I will definitely be picking this up. Looks like a lot of fun.

# 6 rudeworld @ 12/03/14 09:54 PM
Looks good... Would be an automatic pick up due to no baseball game on it (R.B.I. doesn't count)

# 7 ajs41072 @ 12/03/14 10:47 PM
There's no online play, but with PS4 Share Play, you could play against someone else not on the same console. Though instead of just getting online and playing someone, you'd have to know when the other person is available for a game and setup the share play, but you could still do it.

# 8 JoeMimic @ 12/04/14 04:20 AM
Looking forward to seeing some reviews on this.

# 9 nemesis04 @ 12/04/14 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
Looks good... Would be an automatic pick up due to no baseball game on it (R.B.I. doesn't count)
This is only for the PS3 and PS4 not Xbox.

# 10 GlennN @ 12/04/14 11:05 AM
So is there a single play mode, or is this only for multiple players? Is there any type of career/franchise play?

# 11 nemesis04 @ 12/04/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
So is there a single play mode, or is this only for multiple players? Is there any type of career/franchise play?
There is single player mode.

# 12 underdog13 @ 12/06/14 12:31 PM
Looks pretty darn cool...what RBI Baseball should've been

# 13 rspencer86 @ 12/12/14 04:24 PM
Sounds like we may be in for a treat.

https://twitter.com/owengood/status/543513023810654209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Good
I’m willing to give Super Mega Baseball my Sports GOTY. I don’t think any game this year has approached its sport with this much imagination

# 14 nemesis04 @ 12/12/14 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Sounds like we may be in for a treat.

https://twitter.com/owengood/status/543513023810654209

I know I am ready to go. C'mon Tuesday!

# 15 HustlinOwl @ 12/12/14 04:41 PM
shareplay league anyone??

# 16 rspencer86 @ 12/12/14 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
shareplay league anyone??
If it's playable with the lag inherent with Shareplay, that might be a LOT of fun.

# 17 Brandwin @ 12/13/14 10:22 PM
Just found out about this and not I want it. Too bad it doesn't have online.

# 18 Super Glock @ 12/13/14 11:01 PM
The hype train has started for this game on Twitter. Some people are saying some really positive things like sports GOTY. Can't wait!!!

# 19 ExtremeGamer @ 12/14/14 09:24 AM
Best sports game I've played all year. It's incredible, worth every penny of the $20 price tag.

This is my first video review, so be gentle

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.