Home
DriveClub News Post

After quite a few hiccups along the way, Driveclub continues to improve the game with updates. Game update 1.08 has arrived today, weighing in at 1.4 GB, bringing extreme weather for both online and offline play, along with two new tracks. Check out some in-game video footage here.

Currently, you can grab Driveclub for $34.99 (not sure how long the sale will last.)

Check out the full details below.

New Features
  • Adds weather to the game, for online and offline play.
  • Adds two new tracks, both including reverse variants: Atlanterhavsvegen in Norway and Sinclair Pass in Canada.
Improvements
  • Adds the option to configure Throttle/Brake controls onto Up/Down on Right Stick.
  • Adds the ability to access Club Cars when offline.
  • Adds the ability to access Club Paint Jobs when offline.
  • Adds track maps and stats to each track card in Single Event.
  • Adds player statistics to various panels within Single Event and Challenges.
  • Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
Add-ons (coming later in December)
  • Adds support for the Mazzanti Evantra, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a free download later in December.
  • Adds support for the Redline Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a premium download later in December. This Expansion Pack includes the Redline Car Pack and Redline Tour Pack.
  • The Redline Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive, McLaren F1 LM, Renault Alpine A110-50, Ferrari 458 Speciale, and Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
  • The Redline Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Adds support for the Elements Tour Pack, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a premium download later in December.
  • The Elements Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.

Game: DriveClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 4 - View All
DriveClub Videos
Member Comments
# 21 42 @ 12/08/14 09:56 PM
Suck it, Venom Hot Lap!

http://youtu.be/uVykfIdzico

# 22 Zboogie @ 12/08/14 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Seriously, Venom Hot Lap can piss off.

Dude I said it took me over 50 tries to beat that, but hey I became awesome driver afterwards. Plus I learn how to use the venom now it's one of my favorite hyper cars.

# 23 AUChase @ 12/09/14 05:00 AM
This game is really difficult for me, but I enjoy it.

Just tried out the weather features for the first time and it was definitely fun.

The game teaches you to use caution and learn control with the throttle in bad weather and with the faster cars. In the sleet, I was sliding like crazy with just a little overuse of the gas pedal.

# 24 JMD @ 12/09/14 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
This game is really difficult for me, but I enjoy it.

Just tried out the weather features for the first time and it was definitely fun.

The game teaches you to use caution and learn control with the throttle in bad weather and with the faster cars. In the sleet, I was sliding like crazy with just a little overuse of the gas pedal.
Yeah it's tough for me as well. I'm doing single events on semi pro and pro and fighting to win. Also when I do community challenges my lap times are 3 to 6 seconds slower then the top guys. I may try switching to manual transmission. I'm usually goid at racing games too. This is a great game.

# 25 muelly54 @ 12/09/14 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Yeah it's tough for me as well. I'm doing single events on semi pro and pro and fighting to win. Also when I do community challenges my lap times are 3 to 6 seconds slower then the top guys. I may try switching to manual transmission. I'm usually goid at racing games too. This is a great game.
Picked this up last night. price matched amazon at best buy and got b2g1 (2 copies driveclub/1 nba price matched to amazon as well for gift)

3 games $70, the few races I did on driveclub I was impressed. Idk if the only works nor do I care, the SP offline stuff in the short bit I played was quite fun.

# 26 geisterhome @ 12/09/14 08:00 AM
Will there be more patches or can the game be considered pretty complete now?

# 27 LingeringRegime @ 12/09/14 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Replay Mode is coming next. Not sure when.

Everything else is in place.

I switched to manual transmission and Right Stick Throttle, Upshifting (R2), Downshifting (L2), and the game has really started to open up now. I think I will go back to see if I can get the stars I could never get before.

# 28 Zboogie @ 12/09/14 09:01 PM
Crazy weather

# 29 Richzilla @ 12/09/14 09:08 PM
Glad I stuck with this game. It just keeps getting better.

# 30 JMD @ 12/09/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Things are pretty much up and running full time now. However the Devs said before the game launched that this will be a game that is constantly getting improvements through updates to keep the game fresh. There will also be free and paid DLC every month though July.

# 31 Stormyhog @ 12/10/14 12:00 AM
Even when the online was having it's major issues at launch I still was really enjoying the tour mode. Now with the challenges finally working & the latest update out it really has enhanced the experience. I passed on getting the season pass at first (no pun intended) but now have decided to get it. I think people that stayed away or bailed should give it another look or at the very least try the ps+ free version when it get's released.

# 32 SinisterAlex @ 12/11/14 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Even when the online was having it's major issues at launch I still was really enjoying the tour mode. Now with the challenges finally working & the latest update out it really has enhanced the experience. I passed on getting the season pass at first (no pun intended) but now have decided to get it. I think people that stayed away or bailed should give it another look or at the very least try the ps+ free version when it get's released.
That's all that I'm waiting for.

# 33 AUChase @ 12/11/14 02:03 AM
Downloaded all the free cars and expansion packs, but wasn't prompted to download them in the game. Looks like some of it may all ready be unlocked, but some of my cars say I need to download the pack.. shows "purchased" in the store, but no luck.

Maybe I'm overlooking something here.

# 34 thaSLAB @ 12/11/14 08:14 AM
Interesting article from Digital Foundry about the impressiveness of DriveClub's weather system and visuals. It's saying a lot coming from them IMO.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...a-game-changer

DriveClub revisited: the Digital Foundry verdict
Quote:
It's hard not to rave about what we're seeing here with this latest patch. We love looking closely at game visuals and picking apart the fine detail, and it's rare to come across something so startlingly impressive - but here it is. The weather effects in DriveClub are, without a doubt, some of the most realistic we've seen in any game to date. Combining these effects with the already excellent lighting model and realistic materials elevates Evolution's racer to the top of the pack from a visual perspective and in combination with the other features added to the game, it definitely deserves another look.

In a declining genre where open world sandbox gameplay comes as standard with virtually every racing title, it actually feels rather refreshing to return to a classic track-based game like DriveClub. We*had a soft spot*for the Evolution racer since our pre-launch testing (before things went horribly wrong) and this stunning dynamic weather patch in combination with the other new features adds a new sheen of polish and a definite wow factor.Opinion is divided of course, but in our view, there's a great game in here with some of the finest visuals you'll see in a racing title.
htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 35 Brandwin @ 12/11/14 11:50 AM
I just ordered it for $35 off of Amazon. My wife kept asking what I wanted for Christmas, so this will just be one of my gifts.

# 36 LingeringRegime @ 12/11/14 03:40 PM
Glad more people are getting it from OS. Add me to your friend list if I'm not already on it. I am planning on sending out a weekly challenge which will be random each week. Lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 37 42 @ 12/11/14 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Glad more people are getting it from OS. Add me to your friend list if I'm not already on it. I am planning on sending out a weekly challenge which will be random each week. Lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm... thinking a DRIVECLUB Weekly OS Challenge Thread is in order....

# 38 LingeringRegime @ 12/11/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ge-thread.html

# 39 bcruise @ 12/11/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Stop it, I've already spent too much money this month!

It does look good, I was okay to wait until the next Turismo for a driving game but if OS is getting interested in this one...

# 40 42 @ 12/11/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Stop it, I've already spent too much money this month!

It does look good, I was okay to wait until the next Turismo for a driving game but if OS is getting interested in this one...

Get it.

Right meow.

It's $35 on Amazon.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.