Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Outside of the new defensive, QB, and WR mechanics, Madden NFL 16 also has a few other big changes coming to this year's game.

Here are some of the additional improvements you'll find in this year's game:
  • A new 'get skinny' (Hold RB) when running through the line for running backs.
  • New context sensitive cut step jukes, performed behind the LOS to cut of blocks.
  • Overhauled ball carrier logic with new 'hit the hole' logic in place.
  • Tweaks to locomotion and True Step.
  • Tweaks to contextual awareness with several new animations and much tighter registration with other players.
  • New extra point rules are in. Players now can kick the PAT from the 15 or attempt to go for the two-point conversion from the two. Also the defensive scoring on PATs is included, as is the option to change your choice in the event of a penalty.

What do you think of the running game improvements as well as the new PAT rules finding their way into this year's game?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Izzy Snow @ 06/15/15 07:32 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "get skinny" feature in past Madden games?

# 2 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Snow
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "get skinny" feature in past Madden games?
There's a lot we want from past Madden games.
If they can get the things we liked from past Maddens in.. then cool/finally.

# 3 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/15/15 07:40 PM
A new 'get skinny' (Hold RB) when running through the line for running backs.
New context sensitive cut step jukes, performed behind the LOS to cut of blocks.
Overhauled ball carrier logic with new 'hit the hole' logic in place.
Tweaks to locomotion and True Step.
Tweaks to contextual awareness with several new animations and much tighter registration with other players.

These improvements are huge & I'm surprised EA isn't advertising them more. Hopefully this means they eliminated the RB's getting stuck in mud behind their lineman & RB's arms bending behind their backs with the ball stuck in their hand.

# 4 jpdavis82 @ 06/15/15 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
A new 'get skinny' (Hold RB) when running through the line for running backs.
New context sensitive cut step jukes, performed behind the LOS to cut of blocks.
Overhauled ball carrier logic with new 'hit the hole' logic in place.
Tweaks to locomotion and True Step.
Tweaks to contextual awareness with several new animations and much tighter registration with other players.

These improvements are huge & I'm surprised EA isn't advertising them more. Hopefully this means they eliminated the RB's getting stuck in mud behind their lineman & RB's arms bending behind their backs with the ball stuck in their hand.
I'm surprised they mentioned as much about gang tackling as they did in the blogs. Rex told us they weren't going to say much about it because there are certain things that are part of football and we don't have to market them, people should just expect to see them and we need to get them in. These things are probably part of that equation in his mind. I don't believe I saw HB's arms getting stuck or bending behind their backs with the ball in hand like in M15.

# 5 jfsolo @ 06/15/15 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm surprised they mentioned as much about gang tackling as they did in the blogs. Rex told us they weren't going to say much about it because there are certain things that are part of football and we don't have to market them, people should just expect to see them and we need to get them in. These things are probably part of that equation in his mind. I don't believe I saw HB's arms getting stuck or bending behind their backs with the ball in hand like in M15.
Trailers and E3 stuff is marketing in my mind, but I think of the blogs as simply information dissemination to message board types. I know that I definitely want to read about every single tweak/improvement/rewriting of all aspects of gameplay and A.I. no matter how small.

# 6 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 07:52 PM
We've never had the ability to queue up the "Get skinny" by a button press.
It was an automatic thing. Didn't really work all that well but was "ok"

Edit: Post was deleted. Moving on.

# 7 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/15/15 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's good to hear JP. Thanks for keeping us updated.

# 8 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/15/15 08:27 PM
This is some positive news. I'm excited to see the new changes.

# 9 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/15/15 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I like the sound of context sensitive cut step jukes, triggered by the LS. One of the most frustrating things about Madden 15 is how difficult it is to perform a simple small cut juke. Hopefully this mechanic resolves that issue. But I don't like that we have to press a button to get skinny, backs should automatically attempt to get skinny just like they should automatically attempt to get low when they hit holes. I don't have want to have to worry about pulling off a simple skinny move. Madden is way too command heavy, a lot of things should just happen without us telling the game to do it.
I hear you but I like the idea of giving us user control as much as possible. Contextual animations are needed in certain situations but for me the more user control the better. I'd rather be in control of things like my player getting skinny etc..

# 10 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I hear you but I like the idea of giving us user control as much as possible. Contextual animations are needed in certain situations but for me the more user control the better. I'd rather be in control of things like my player getting skinny etc..
Agree..
While I am a no switch player od D and no switching to WR.. The more control I have with RB the better as I am a run 1st pass 2nd player lol

The old "get skinny" Madden had that we didn't control was not the best by far. It would trigger at wierd times etc..
Love the added control.

# 11 yardz23 @ 06/16/15 12:53 AM
Now this is the kind of stuff i like to hear. I love running the ball in all football games. That's my benchmark. Looking forward to seeing this stuff in motion.

Why can't they make good trailers? smh

# 12 Sheba2011 @ 06/16/15 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Agree..
While I am a no switch player od D and no switching to WR.. The more control I have with RB the better as I am a run 1st pass 2nd player lol

The old "get skinny" Madden had that we didn't control was not the best by far. It would trigger at wierd times etc..
Love the added control.
For me I pick three players at beginning of each year and rotate between games that is who I control the entire game (usually a DE, LB and S). No switching in games. I also am a run first kind of player and will usually carry 5 RB's on my team.

# 13 GoodImmigrant @ 06/16/15 11:40 AM
I keep reading the title of this thread as "Madden NFL 16: Other Gameplay Improvements Worth Nothing"

# 14 SIR924 @ 06/16/15 01:30 PM
It would be nice if this stuff actually works! I hope the running animation is better than last years and I need to see actual game play before I can judge.

# 15 SolidSquid @ 06/16/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I like the sound of context sensitive cut step jukes, triggered by the LS. One of the most frustrating things about Madden 15 is how difficult it is to perform a simple small cut juke. Hopefully this mechanic resolves that issue. But I don't like that we have to press a button to get skinny, backs should automatically attempt to get skinny just like they should automatically attempt to get low when they hit holes. I don't have want to have to worry about pulling off a simple skinny move. Madden is way too command heavy, a lot of things should just happen without us telling the game to do it.
I've been asking for the L1 R1 quick cuts from the ps2 days since they were removed so this makes me happy.

# 16 denverbro89 @ 06/16/15 05:41 PM
Yes get skinny was a auto feature on ps2, hell even ps1. I won't be critical, glad to see it back.

# 17 KOTC Wayne @ 06/16/15 10:17 PM
Yea, EA adding things back to Madden that should have never been taking out.

# 18 PVarck31 @ 06/16/15 10:40 PM
Alright, enough about the whole EA adding things that used to be in the game. We get it, it rubs people the wrong way. But its not constructive and not on-topic. So let it go. Only warning.

# 19 m88betnhjnh @ 06/16/15 10:45 PM
Great idea, wish you success

# 20 ODogg @ 06/16/15 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverbro89
Yes get skinny was a auto feature on ps2, hell even ps1. I won't be critical, glad to see it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
Yea, EA adding things back to Madden that should have never been taking out.
madden has never had a button to "get skinny" so you guys complaining about it being recycled is a rather humorous reach to criticize something that's a real positive addition for the madden community

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.