Home
PES 2016 News Post

During an interview with WENB, PES European Product Manager Adam Bhatti has confirmed the PC version of PES 2016 will not be the same as the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version. In fact, it won't be the same as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version either, it will have its own entity.

Adam does mention the PC version will have many of the features of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version, but didn't specify which ones. The team is working on getting a PC demo available earlier than the console demo, so people can get a feel for it.

More details about PES 2016 can be heard in the interview, click here to listen to it.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Matt10 @ 06/19/15 10:35 AM
I really hope this mean they fix the LOD (Level of Detail) and not being able to use any Anti-Aliasing.

# 2 jpollack34 @ 06/19/15 10:57 AM
Disappointing news.

# 3 jpollack34 @ 06/19/15 11:34 AM
Konami's slogan for PES2016: "Love the past, play the future."

Slogan for PC users: Love the past, play the past.

# 4 Zac @ 06/19/15 12:40 PM
So this means they can remove the replay system from the console version. Perfect.

# 5 clipperfan811 @ 06/19/15 02:30 PM
This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I wonder what the logic is behind it. You'd think an exact port would be less work than its own hybrid version.

# 6 Matt10 @ 06/19/15 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I wonder what the logic is behind it. You'd think an exact port would be less work than its own hybrid version.
Most PC users rather not have it be a direct port. It's all speculation, but who knows, I'm going to remain positive as I hope that this means they start looking at what kind of advantages they didn't apply towards the PC in past versions of the series.

# 7 rckabillyRaider @ 06/19/15 03:58 PM
Knowing Konami, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us pc users something along the lines of a mobile game.

# 8 Zac @ 06/19/15 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Knowing Konami, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us pc users something along the lines of a mobile game.
That would be terrible.

# 9 clipperfan811 @ 06/19/15 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Most PC users rather not have it be a direct port. It's all speculation, but who knows, I'm going to remain positive as I hope that this means they start looking at what kind of advantages they didn't apply towards the PC in past versions of the series.
Well this past year, the PC version had all the gameplay elements but was lacking some of the visual bells and whistles. We also didn't have to suffer with generic teams since the image import feature was left in.

I guess it's too early to jump to any reactions but I highly doubt Adam Bhatti means that the PC version will have a bunch of exclusive features that would put their flagship console versions to shame. Can I at least have the pretty grass? Is that too much to ask for? ;-)

# 10 Matt10 @ 06/19/15 10:47 PM
Quote:
Well this past year, the PC version had all the gameplay elements but was lacking some of the visual bells and whistles. We also didn't have to suffer with generic teams since the image import feature was left in.

I guess it's too early to jump to any reactions but I highly doubt Adam Bhatti means that the PC version will have a bunch of exclusive features that would put their flagship console versions to shame. Can I at least have the pretty grass? Is that too much to ask for? ;-)
I hear ya about that grass though! Although, with PC you've got mods etc that worked great to get some gorgeous grass.

I think they can do a lot more with the PC than they can consoles. If KONAMI can't do it though, the fact that it will be on the PC could be easier to modify from the evo-web community, etc since we may work with some actual PC data (bin) files versus these compressed AFS/BIN/CPK files we have been messing about with.

Every year, except for 14 and 15, the PC community has stepped up - and even with the horrific gameplay of 14/15 they still showed up to try. The 15 community "died" because the game simply is terrible gameplay wise. We all relied on yair or nesa (since Jenkey is gone now) to work their magic, and the fact that there was no player global editor, I'm out of business too

I'm going to give KONAMI the benefit of the doubt. I miss reviewing PES and enjoying the gameplay, I really hope they don't just upgrade 15 and give us LOD. I want the concept of 14/15 but a higher attention defensively and positional awareness that takes advantage of the fox engine. Now, is that too much to ask...we will see

# 11 WTF @ 06/22/15 09:31 AM
I'll be following this. Hopefully we'll hear more about it soonish.

# 12 KG @ 06/22/15 09:53 AM
I read the other day that the XB1 version will 1080p this year. still no word on the image upload though.

# 13 clipperfan811 @ 09/17/15 09:46 AM
At this point I'm just waiting to get my hands on the demo and get a feel. I may skip Football games all together this year. Last year the graphical downgrades didn't bother me. This year Konami's mindset towards the PC sort of bothers me. I'll have to play the game though to really make up my mind.

I really wish they would explain their logic with it though. Adam Bhatti tends to act as if the PC version is some unspeakable taboo..

# 14 Simaofan-20 @ 09/17/15 02:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK9dDfJM6o

Here's a comparison video of the PC vs PS4 version of the game

# 15 flo182 @ 09/17/15 03:52 PM
Quote:

I really wish they would explain their logic with it though. Adam Bhatti tends to act as if the PC version is some unspeakable taboo..
It's just so goddamn stupid. I know so many pc owner who'd like to give PES a try this year but Konami definitely won't be seeing any money from us as long as they treat PC players like ****...

# 16 Ball_Bag @ 09/17/15 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK9dDfJM6o

Here's a comparison video of the PC vs PS4 version of the game
Thanks for the link. PC version for the most part looks darker and a bit washed out from what I see.

# 17 BrianFifaFan @ 09/17/15 07:04 PM
PC version is getting trashed on Steam. I'm glad I waited on reviews.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/375960...ilter=toprated

# 18 Ball_Bag @ 09/17/15 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Yeah I was just gonna post this. I wonder how long it will be before they drop the ridiculous $50 price.

# 19 RonMexico1992 @ 09/17/15 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Yeah but those people were bashing the game before it dropped. Some people were never going to like it and you shouldn't care about their "reviews." People that get paid to review the PC version, reviewed the game really high. Seen an 87/100 by the German PC Gamers mag.

I've bought the game, its way better then last years PC version. Game looks better then last years and the graphics comparison to the PS3 & 360 version it looks better.

I laugh at how much people are getting butt hurt over the fact that the PS4 version looks better, do you know how many games look better on PC vs PS4? Almost everyone of them, we get one game that isn't as good and everyone loses their mind.

NBA Live use to have better graphics then 2k, what happened to NBA Live? Oh thats right. PES 2016 is the best football game on PC in my humble opinion, anybody disputing that because of graphics just simply isn't smart. PES 2015 on PS4 didn't have nearly the graphics as FIFA 15 on PS4, didn't everyone think PES was the better football game? So whats the difference.

If graphics mean that much to people, go buy a PS4. I'll take gameplay over graphics any day of the week.

# 20 RonMexico1992 @ 09/17/15 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
Yeah I was just gonna post this. I wonder how long it will be before they drop the ridiculous $50 price.
Yeah the price could have been lower, but its still a superb football game. Graphics not on par with the PS4, but the football on the pitch is great. The physics are wonderful and the changed to Master League are very exciting.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.