Home
NHL 16 News Post

EA Sports has revealed a couple of new mascots which will be in NHL 16 (amongst others yet to be revealed). All of the NHL teams that have official mascots will have them in NHL 16.

Stinger of the Columbus Blue Jackets (pictured above) and Bailey of the Los Angeles Kings (pictured below) have been revealed today.

Mascots will move around the arena to pump up the crowd, react to on-ice action, and they may even join in on post-game celebrations.

As we have already learned, NHL 16 is getting a major facelift in terms of in-arena atmosphere. Be sure to add your own hype score to the NHL 16 page.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tsbmolina @ 06/29/15 06:58 PM
This is news? Must be a slow news day.

# 2 redsox4evur @ 06/29/15 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHood059
ridiculous

work on gameplay, not mascots
You do realize there are different departments for different things right? IE gameplay, game modes, visuals, etc.

# 3 Simple Mathematics @ 06/29/15 08:00 PM
It sucks that the Flyers don't really have anything cool about their arena or a mascot. I won't really see a difference from last year at home games.

# 4 bigwill33 @ 06/29/15 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
You do realize there are different departments for different things right? IE gameplay, game modes, visuals, etc.
Exactly. And there is no reason they can't work on both and give the customers what they want in most aspects of the game.

# 5 redsox4evur @ 06/29/15 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
work on the gameplay please. could care less about mascots imho.
Read this...

# 6 jaiman @ 06/29/15 09:30 PM
Man. So they plan to reveal each mascot up until launch? Like that is what we are most interested in. So disappointing.

# 7 canucksss @ 06/29/15 09:41 PM
I know these additions are great! But is this really what the fans looking for or the gameplay? In NHL game, what is most important, mascot or how the team plays on ice? I like to see additions/features that are outside gameplay....but I NEED MORE gameplay instead of these mascots please.

# 8 OilCountry93 @ 06/29/15 09:48 PM
Honestly, I can't even say that they should work on gameplay over graphics. Just the sheer difference in quality between NBA 2K15 and NHL15 in every aspect: graphics, gameplay, and presentation is jut overwhelming. I'm glad that they are working on graphics, but gameplay and the different game modes need just as much, if not more, work. Overall, the NHL series just HAS to improve.

# 9 Hockeynut99 @ 06/29/15 10:06 PM
Quote:
So you could care less?

Oh I like this. Presentation goes a lot long long long way too! Let's see Sharkie!

# 10 ChaseB @ 06/29/15 11:24 PM
Quote:
ridiculous

work on gameplay, not mascots
Quote:
I say this with nothing but love, but this is one of the most tired things anybody can say whenever something is shown (and it's inevitably something people say every year for every sports game). It's honestly trolling, and you should try to avoid it.

If you have nothing to say on topic, just move on next time.

# 11 snc237 @ 06/29/15 11:48 PM
Now it's not a needed addition however I will take it. If they are really working in arena atmosphere this will be great. I want to see the crowd going nuts when I score with 6 seconds left

# 12 emericaridr11 @ 06/30/15 12:21 AM
I already know the Gameplay will be the same as last year.... Bad

so having said that the snapshots here look great!!
the reflections and the textures are looking real good, and I like the subtle depth of field action going on

but yeah agreed!!

# 13 brandon27 @ 06/30/15 09:29 AM
I've got no problem with them adding this stuff to the game.

Where I have a problem with this is the fact they are showing this stuff off, rather than showing us any videos or anything else related to the actual game play they say has been improved.

That being said... the screens look nice, but I think we all expected that since last years looked great as it was.

# 14 Gangrel @ 06/30/15 09:41 AM
Here's the thing....... NHL is the last game to release in the fall I think. Rory is coming out shortly, Madden is August I believe, and isn't FIFA before NHL? If that's the case, they were right to focus on Madden and FIFA. NOt only is it their big money makers, but summertime hockey news goes over like a lead balloon, especially in the States.

NBCSN apparently drew 225,000 folks to watch the draft last week. That's not very much. So why put out videos right now that only hardcore folks will get all wet over? If there's any chance at making a buzz, it's with stuff like this, so maybe the kids see it.

End of July, into August is when we will see gameplay videos I think. When people are thinking more about hockey, and have already purchased Madden.........

# 15 ericromain @ 06/30/15 09:56 AM
Glad to see some real attention to presentation during the past 2 releases.
Compared to Madden/The Shows/etc. NHL in the PS3/360 era really was a mockery of EA Sports "It's in the game" slogan.

Seeing these unique arena elements really helps break up the monotony of the 82 game schedule.

# 16 adayinthelife @ 06/30/15 10:01 AM
Geeze, are we really going to go through every teams mascot like this? If they're releasing high quality screenshots, I'd prefer to see some more new player faces in game.

All other obvious issues aside, that comparison shot of Kane in 15 vs. 16 that was floating around before was actually pretty great, you'd think they'd try to cash in on that side a little more.

# 17 Smutka @ 06/30/15 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
Here's the thing....... NHL is the last game to release in the fall I think. Rory is coming out shortly, Madden is August I believe, and isn't FIFA before NHL? If that's the case, they were right to focus on Madden and FIFA. NOt only is it their big money makers, but summertime hockey news goes over like a lead balloon, especially in the States.

NBCSN apparently drew 225,000 folks to watch the draft last week. That's not very much. So why put out videos right now that only hardcore folks will get all wet over? If there's any chance at making a buzz, it's with stuff like this, so maybe the kids see it.

End of July, into August is when we will see gameplay videos I think. When people are thinking more about hockey, and have already purchased Madden.........
FIFA comes late september and NHL comes out about two weeks after madden and there is tons of material shown for it

# 18 ChaseB @ 06/30/15 11:51 AM
Quote:
my post is very much on topic, as well as being on-point.

so, please explain to me how this is trolling?
At a base level, it's simply not on topic Harry. I mean just flip it around, and if I came into a gameplay thread and said, "why are they working on gameplay, show me the mascots that's all that matters." This thread is not about gameplay.

If you want to be concerned about the marketing of the game, or what the team is working on, then create a new thread and talk about there in an articulate manner, and you're good to go.

There's a ToS (terms of service) here at OS for a reason, and it's to have rules like these so flame wars hopefully don't break out all over the place.

I hope you understand, not trying to be combative, just trying to keep every thread from devolving into the same stuff.

# 19 redsox4evur @ 06/30/15 12:05 PM
Quote:
yup, i sure do

and i stand by my post
Then you should realize that the guys that work on gameplay ARE NOT the same people that work on presentation.

# 20 kehlis @ 06/30/15 12:55 PM
Guys this thread is not about gameplay.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.