Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 6 quarterbacks in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Aaron Rodgers (99 OVR)
  • Tom Brady (97 OVR)
  • Drew Brees (95 OVR)
  • Ben Roethlisberger (95 OVR)
  • Andrew Luck (94 OVR)
  • Tony Romo (93 OVR) - (via NFL)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 talucchesi @ 07/22/15 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Oh, I'll defend Romo to the bitter end. Like, I agree with you that the Cowboys have mostly fudged up the Romo years with classic shoddy Jerry Jones cap mutilation. But my point at the end of the day is if I'm starting a team today, and I'm not even worried about age or contract or anything, I'm taking Luck over Romo.

For what it's worth, I really only have like a top 3 and then there's a bunch of dudes I would take:

1. Rodgers (he's pure evil) -- and by himself in this tier.
----------
2. Luck
3. Brady
----------

Then I think you can make arguments for Romo, Roethlisberger, Peyton, Rivers and Brees for those last two spots.
Peyton is the greatest QB/player of all time bar none for me. So there's no way I'm not including him. And yea I agree with your Luck point, I'm just on the fence with Rothlisberger. I do like your points though

# 62 talucchesi @ 07/22/15 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Here's the thing with Tony Romo (way I see it, anyway):

Tony Romo is not the most physically talented quarterback in the world. There are plenty of guys who just on paper with their measureables are more impressive athletes; who run faster, have stronger arms, or have more innate ability to throw a football accurately at a target 50 yards away in shirts and shorts. Between this and the low level of competition he played against in FCS, it's not surprising Romo went undrafted compared to the guys with high draft grades in his draft year (2003) like Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, and Seneca Wallace; these guys all had better athletic skills and played against more highly-regarded competition. Heck, even Ken Dorsey got drafted, because he won a bunch of games at Miami despite having marginal physical ability.

What happened is that Tony Romo was allowed to sit, watch, and grow his quarterbacking skills - not necessarily his physical abilities, but his recognition of defensive coverages, anticipation and timing of receivers running routes in his team's offense, and his knowledge of his pass protection calls and knowing when to call them. He also turned out to be an extremely coachable player who fell into the right situation with a strong coaching staff, first led by Bill Parcells and Sean Payton, and later Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan (who while not regarded as offensive wizards to the regard of say Bill Walsh are still regarded as offensive-minded coaches). When Romo finally got an opportunity after all that growth, he blossomed. The rest is history.

Romo has absolutely made the most with what he has and he's a wonderful success story in the world of pro football. He's one of my all-time favorite players in sports, and he's an incredibly fun player to watch, what with his houdini act, his backyard-football style approach to plays that break down, and an unflappable demeanor and smirk I'm sure his opponents just want to smack off his face. But in isolation - take away Demarco Murray, Tyron Smith, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, and the Dallas Cowboys - he's not as physically talented a quarterback and athlete as Matthew Stafford, Colin Kaepernick, or Joe Flacco, and I think anyone building a team from scratch today to win a Super Bowl tomorrow would strongly consider taking any of those three over Romo.

Nevertheless I imagine Romo will be ranked ahead of all those guys in Madden, because the Cowboys as a team had an extremely productive (by efficiency metrics moreso than yardage) passing offense last year.
While I don't agree with every single one of your points to a tee, you did a hell of a job of describing Romo in a few short paragraphs.

I want to take what you said and turn it into an essay

# 63 Godgers12 @ 07/22/15 09:37 PM
To me Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen, period. He is literally the perfect QB very strong arm, great mobility, insane accuracy, great improvisation, and he never makes mistakes.

# 64 Godgers12 @ 07/22/15 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Aaron Rogers is a bad man, we all know that. But Tony Romo was the best QB in pro football last year. He played lights-out championship-level football, and this time a big playoff loss can't be blamed entirely on him. All he did was get it done all season. That was the best quarterbacking I've ever seen a Cowboy QB play.
No he wasn't Rodgers was, he played almost half the year on one leg and still dominated.

# 65 Jr. @ 07/22/15 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
To me Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen, period. He is literally the perfect QB very strong arm, great mobility, insane accuracy, great improvisation, and he never makes mistakes.
I'd say that's inaccurate. But I agree that he's about the closest thing to physically perfect a QB can get.

# 66 charter04 @ 07/22/15 11:04 PM
I said it last year and I'll say it again. The only thing I like about the ratings reveals is getting a chance to debate and talk football in the dog days of summer.

# 67 DerkontheOS @ 07/22/15 11:36 PM
Quote:
He does make mistakes, after all he is human. However what makes Rodgers stand out above all the NFL quarterbacks is his ability to minimize mistakes, at times he makes you wonder if he is part robot.

# 68 SpyPirates @ 07/23/15 12:13 AM
Quote:

Tony Romo is not the most physically talented quarterback in the world. There are plenty of guys who just on paper with their measureables are more impressive athletes; who run faster, have stronger arms, or have more innate ability to throw a football accurately at a target 50 yards away in shirts and shorts. Between this and the low level of competition he played against in FCS, it's not surprising Romo went undrafted compared to the guys with high draft grades in his draft year (2003) like Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, and Seneca Wallace; these guys all had better athletic skills and played against more highly-regarded competition. Heck, even Ken Dorsey got drafted, because he won a bunch of games at Miami despite having marginal physical ability.

What happened is that Tony Romo was allowed to sit, watch, and grow his quarterbacking skills - not necessarily his physical abilities, but his recognition of defensive coverages, anticipation and timing of receivers running routes in his team's offense, and his knowledge of his pass protection calls and knowing when to call them. He also turned out to be an extremely coachable player who fell into the right situation with a strong coaching staff, first led by Bill Parcells and Sean Payton, and later Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan (who while not regarded as offensive wizards to the regard of say Bill Walsh are still regarded as offensive-minded coaches). When Romo finally got an opportunity after all that growth, he blossomed. The rest is history.

Romo has absolutely made the most with what he has and he's a wonderful success story in the world of pro football. He's one of my all-time favorite players in sports, and he's an incredibly fun player to watch, what with his houdini act, his backyard-football style approach to plays that break down, and an unflappable demeanor and smirk I'm sure his opponents just want to smack off his face. But in isolation - take away Demarco Murray, Tyron Smith, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, and the Dallas Cowboys - he's not as physically talented a quarterback and athlete as Matthew Stafford, Colin Kaepernick, or Joe Flacco, and I think anyone building a team from scratch today to win a Super Bowl tomorrow would strongly consider taking any of those three over Romo.

Nevertheless I imagine Romo will be ranked ahead of all those guys in Madden, because the Cowboys as a team had an extremely productive (by efficiency metrics moreso than yardage) passing offense last year.
Awareness, or the RL equivalent of awareness, puts Romo on top of those guys. Those three have stronger arms than Romo, but they don't have his intangibles, playmaking ability, or his newfound ability to avoid negative plays. If you're winning a super bowl tomorrow, you take the QB who is the total package, not the guy with good physical traits who might be better than Romo if and when they learn the game like he has.

# 69 Allball76 @ 07/23/15 01:15 AM
It sure is nice to see the deep acc lowered ! But dose it matter if the inaccuracy are patch again . I was excited when they announce it but then they patch it ! I man can u really tell the difference in madden in QB passing ?? They need to keep the inaccuracy in there then the elite would feel that way !

# 70 talucchesi @ 07/23/15 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Aaron Rogers is a bad man, we all know that. But Tony Romo was the best QB in pro football last year. He played lights-out championship-level football, and this time a big playoff loss can't be blamed entirely on him. All he did was get it done all season. That was the best quarterbacking I've ever seen a Cowboy QB play.
Now this is going too far haha. I loooove my mans, but he I'd put him behind Rodgers last year, but yea, most definitely top 3.

Quote:
No he wasn't Rodgers was, he played almost half the year on one leg and still dominated.
Romo played with no back last year if we're being 100% fair

# 71 kongemeier @ 07/23/15 07:39 AM
Hmm, so Aaron Rodgers is the perfect QB. The GOAT! The best there ever will be... Surely he has to when he has the perfect 99 rating?

I REALLY hope EA will take a closer look at these inflated OVR sometime in the near future. Looks like every CFM will have lats of 99 OVR players again this year

# 72 DerkontheOS @ 07/23/15 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
Yikes these ratings are redic low. 4th and 5th best QBs in whole league aren't even rated an 80 lmao. Never happen and it shouldn't because that be awful

Why's it awful? Cause you're used to Maddens over inflation of ratings? Whats the point of having a 0-100 scale if you only use 80-100?

# 73 sir psycho @ 07/23/15 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Why's it awful? Cause you're used to Maddens over inflation of ratings? Whats the point of having a 0-100 scale if you only use 80-100?
Spot on.

I'm worried that EA won't hire Dan because they are scared that the massive amount of close-minded people like this, who are so used to seeing everyone rated in the 80s and 90s, will complain when their favorite players are rated "too low". They don't take the time to actually see how the game plays with these ratings and how much better and more realistic the game becomes. I honestly think that if Dan's system was in place, while it would be met with a lot of criticism from people like this at first, once they actually play the game and get used to it, everyone will be happy. And after a few years of the improved rating system, people will look back and laugh at the "old days" when there were tons of players rated in the 90s.

As you said, what's the point of having a 0-100 scale if you only use 80-100?

Come on, EA...do the right thing!

# 74 Caveman24 @ 07/23/15 09:04 AM
I don't care about OVR just want the ratings properly done.

# 75 Sheba2011 @ 07/23/15 09:05 AM
The mythical legend of Andrew Luck continues. He is not a top 5 QB, he reminds me of Drew Bledsoe with more mobility. Against bad teams he looks like a superstar, against good teams he is exposed. Should have been Phillip Rivers in that spot.

# 76 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
Spot on.

I'm worried that EA won't hire Dan because they are scared that the massive amount of close-minded people like this, who are so used to seeing everyone rated in the 80s and 90s, will complain when their favorite players are rated "too low". They don't take the time to actually see how the game plays with these ratings and how much better and more realistic the game becomes. I honestly think that if Dan's system was in place, while it would be met with a lot of criticism from people like this at first, once they actually play the game and get used to it, everyone will be happy. And after a few years of the improved rating system, people will look back and laugh at the "old days" when there were tons of players rated in the 90s.

As you said, what's the point of having a 0-100 scale if you only use 80-100?

Come on, EA...do the right thing!
You know the real funny thing about this is that I am just interpolating the scouting data. I am NOT rating these players. An NFL front office has scouts who are rating the players with this much of a gap. My bias is not included. If people understood that professional scouts who work for an NFL front office are saying that this is how players should be rated, would that change their minds?

If I am brought in to do these ratings, I would simply ignore people who are ignorant to the facts.

# 77 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
Yikes these ratings are redic low. 4th and 5th best QBs in whole league aren't even rated an 80 lmao. Never happen and it shouldn't because that be awful
It is really, really, really hard to take something like this seriously when you end a sentence with...

# 78 AP 17 @ 07/23/15 09:34 AM
This notion that anyone can accurately decrypt 2000 players into 50 ratings categories is ridiculous. An NFL scout couldn't give a breakdown to the precise number. The madden Ratings scale has been in existence for decades. Also a 99 is just a 99 for this particular title, it doesn't mean they are supposing that Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT. He certainly is however the best QB today, probably the best player in the NFL, hence his rating. We do not need Dan, EA has done just fine. And lastly, if u don't like EA's ratings, they allow u to EDIT!!! But if u think these FGB ratings are more accurate than EA, clearly u are just drinking the kool-aid. After seeing his top 5 QB's, u can take his rosters and put them in the toilet.

# 79 Sheba2011 @ 07/23/15 09:39 AM
Quote:

I can never understand the Tony Romo hate. The guy is one of the best QB's in the league but for years had the misfortune of playing with some of the worst defenses in the NFL. I used to always laugh when the Cowboys would lose 54-48 (or whatever it was) and all the blame would be on Romo for throwing a late game INT. No one would even mention the defense giving up 50. The guy has averaged almost 4000 yards and 28 TD's a season for his career (when adjusting for him only playing 6 games in 2010). Not many guys in the NFL can say that. I don't think he is a top 5 QB but I respect the hell out of the guy and think he is a lot better than people give him credit for.

# 80 Sheba2011 @ 07/23/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 17
This notion that anyone can accurately decrypt 2000 players into 50 ratings categories is ridiculous. An NFL scout couldn't give a breakdown to the precise number. The madden Ratings scale has been in existence for decades. Also a 99 is just a 99 for this particular title, it doesn't mean they are supposing that Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT. He certainly is however the best QB today, probably the best player in the NFL, hence his rating. We do not need Dan, EA has done just fine. And lastly, if u don't like EA's ratings, they allow u to EDIT!!! But if u think these FGB ratings are more accurate than EA, clearly u are just drinking the kool-aid. After seeing his top 5 QB's, u can take his rosters and put them in the toilet.

His ratings allow for the game to play more accurately to the real NFL. You should actually try them before you talk crap about them. And JJ Watt is the best player in the NFL.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.