Home
PES 2016 News Post

The PES 2016 demo is available now on Xbox One, weighing in at 3.1GB. You will need to search for PES 2016. It might mention that it coming soon, but click it anyway, it works.

The PES 2016 demo is also available on the Australian, New Zealand regions, along with a few more, weighing in at 3.3GB. Create an account in one of those locations to download it.

Otherwise, this post will get updated when it's on the PS Store locally.

UPDATE: The PES 2016 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store, search for Pro Evolution.

The following teams are available in the demo:
  • Juventus F.C.
  • A.S. Roma
  • FC Bayern München
  • SC Corinthians
  • Palmeiras
  • Brazil
  • France
Stadiums available:
  • Arena Corinthians
  • Juventus Stadium
You can select difficulty, match time (7 to 10 minutes), substitutions (up to 6), player emotions (on/off) and set injuries (on/off).

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Jumpman14 @ 08/14/15 10:28 PM
[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 122 RoyceDa59 @ 08/14/15 11:14 PM
So I lied and decided to jump back in and I must say the more I play the more I liking it. So much variety in the AI's attack it some times has me in awe. I only control midfielders on defence so plugging the CPU's passing lanes has them sometimes stop and look to try and play the ball long when they can get passing through the midfield. Still wish I see the CPU switch sides more often and would like to see the backline close down the ball better in the box but I am seeing a lot more positives the more I play.

# 123 brinks @ 08/14/15 11:21 PM
I'll continue to beat the dead horse... still feels like an appropriate time for that.

The foul system is so overwhelmingly broken that it makes it almost impossible, at least for me, to assess anything else. I see two primary reasons for that.

1. Fifa does fouls pretty well. Not great, but solid. So, there is something to compare.

2. Fouls are all over this game! The animations are really well done, the players interact in a physical way that impacts momentum, control, etc. There is just something broken that doesn't link the animation/collision detection to a foul. What makes it more frustrating is that it does actually work (albeit not great) for user on CPU, but doesn't work at all for CPU on user.

It still shines with tactics that actually produce desired results on the pitch, player movement is smooth, CPU plays smart on the highest level (CPU passing is still a bit too accurate) and defending and organizations feels better than its been in PES for sometime.

# 124 StoneColdSwede @ 08/15/15 04:16 AM
Buffon is like, "whaaaat?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9U9X0QElU

# 125 schlitz73 @ 08/15/15 09:29 AM
I just had my first game of the demo and I am glad to see that one of the worst aspects of PES 2015 seems to have been addressed. The tackling and 1v1 variety of animations is much improved making defending feel more fluid. This is a huge plus.

But unless there are some hidden menu options that I have never been able to stumble across, a few of the most annoying parts of PES 2015 for me seem to still be present. They aren't huge game breaking issues but more like a couple mosquitoes buzzing around your head keeping me awake at night.

Replays, sprinting/stamina, and auto strafing.

Replays:

I swear the options button on my PS4 controller is going to wear out from the insane number of times I have to press it in PES. Especially after scoring a goal how the game shows two replay angles then goes into the camera mode replay or whatever its called. When I want to sim the rest of a game while watching or I get subbed out in BAL, I still have to hit the options button after every goal because of this. While I'm still in the game that means three button presses after every goal plus all the other replays of fouls and close shots. There should be an option to turn off or turn down automatic replays and it should never go into the camera mode unless you choose it from the pause menu.

Sprinting/stamina:

I am sure this has been discussed at length already but I'm pretty tired how the player I am controlling will only jog lazily around the pitch and get out run by everyone on the field unless I constantly hold the sprint button. Of course this leads to my stamina being depleted at a much faster pace than everyone else as well. I don't feel I should have to use the sprint button so often and stamina shouldn't deplete quite so quickly. My stamina is usually on empty around the 70-75' mark if I am being conservative while tons of other players on the field have been sprinting around all game and still have 25-50% of theirs. It just makes no sense and still seems to be present in the 2016 demo.

Auto strafing:

What is up with this? If I want to strafe I would use the R2 button on defense. The way things are if I want to run parallel to the opponent with the ball and am roughly perpendicular to him on the field (playing sideline views), my player automatically begins to strafe. Meanwhile the player with the ball is just running along or sprinting past me meaning my player slows down and gets beat unless I hold the sprint button again.
No player in real life would start strafing in most of these situations. It even happens if the player with the ball is at the bottom of the screen and I am at the top... so on completely opposite sides of the field. It looks ridiculous really and is rarely done at the appropriate time. This should either be an option to turn on or off, or be reserved for when you use the R2 button to focus (jockeying I believe they call it) on the player with the ball.

One smaller gripe is having to hold square to get your defenders to apply pressure. If you don't use this the CPU will run circles around them for the most part and score on you nearly at will. It seems kind of silly to have to tell your teammates to go after the ball most of the time. They should do it automatically more often and leave the square button command for calling double teams or for special situations.

These may be small grievances but they really stick out every match and drag down the excitement level a bit and seem they should be simple things to clean up. Like I said, mosquitoes.

# 126 orion523 @ 08/15/15 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
I am sorry Orion. You are the man too. I guess I was just kind of trying to get your attention but in the wrong way. I am glad you watched though! I have followed you tons and watched your videos and used your slider settings. I was wrong. It was too rude. Hope you can overlook my dumbness.

p.s. i think the best determination of midfield pass play is how many passes in the midfield were intercepted (regardless of ground or loft - obviously excluding goal kicks) I counted 18 in the video watching it on fast forward. Some of them are pretty close to being either an interception or takeway so sometimes it is hard to tell. The other plus is there are just a ton takeaways in the midfield too which is a big positive They were also pretty evenly spread between me and the computer. Again sorry for being a jerk.

I am planning on starting a new thread where we can play with fluid formations and tactics and game speed and pass and shot controls and whatever else we can think of to see how good we can get this too play and how realistic to how each team plays. Kind of annoying with the demo because it resets after each game so I have to go back in and change my info and then switch to the AI and change theirs and switch back. Hopefully you join and Matt and some of the passionate PES guys I know. I got couple sick videos I am playing on posting there today.

-Devin
Well you certainly got my attention lol. I'm just kiddin' ya. Apology accepted, no biggie. As for PES, the reason why I singled out ground passes is because for me the velocity of the ground passes, and to a lesser extent through balls is too high, add in the players being a bit too spaced out and you get very high pass percentages, and very little in the way of pass int's resulting in quick counters the other way. Now that's not to say that counters don't indeed happen in PES, they do, but just a bit differently than I'd personally like.
On another note,
I'm really starting to like the tactical options available, and best of all they work, well, hopefully the CPU clubs adapt and change their strategy on the fly in ML, if they did that would be golden.
Keep churning out those videos!

# 127 KG @ 08/15/15 10:31 AM
Agree Orion. If they tweak the refs & the passing accuracy it will be a huge win for the final release.

The amount of fouls that are committed and not called would have it right up there with FIFA if you extrapolate the data for the time normal career mode people play.

I took a look at a few Career Modes on here that post screenshots (Orion's Villarreal & Bhurst's West Brom/Toronto) to see what fouls CALLED looked like. These are guys that play very sim and not super aggressive like online/youtubers (some, not all). I'll spoiler it so it doesn't bog the thread down. BTW Hurst's Toronto FC is on 10 min halves, Orion's Vllarreal is on 15 min halves:

Spoiler

# 128 orion523 @ 08/15/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Agree Orion. If they tweak the refs & the passing accuracy it will be a huge win for the final release.

The amount of fouls that are committed and not called would have it right up there with FIFA if you extrapolate the data for the time normal career mode people play.

I took a look at a few Career Modes on here that post screenshots (Orion's Villarreal & Bhurst's West Brom/Toronto) to see what fouls CALLED looked like. These are guys that play very sim and not super aggressive like online/youtubers (some, not all). I'll spoiler it so it doesn't bog the thread down. BTW Hurst's Toronto FC is on 10 min halves, Orion's Vllarreal is on 15 min halves:

Spoiler
Three to five fouls per team per game would be just about right I think. A card or two each thrown in for good measure and I'd be happy. Wasn't there an option to turn down pass speed? Or was that just game speed?

# 129 KG @ 08/15/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Three to five fouls per team per game would be just about right I think. A card or two each thrown in for good measure and I'd be happy. Wasn't there an option to turn down pass speed? Or was that just game speed?
I think just game speed.

If I could get one slider added to this series it would be a toss-up between pass accuracy and pass speed

# 130 J-Unit40 @ 08/15/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think just game speed.

If I could get one slider added to this series it would be a toss-up between pass accuracy and pass speed

My choice for one slider would be "foul frequency" [emoji1]

# 131 supafly03 @ 08/15/15 03:17 PM
Two of my videos.

Brazil vs France
Bayern vs Juventus

I think gameplay is a bit too fast for my liking and tackling still feels a bit like your players moving on a rail.

# 132 dmendenhall_9 @ 08/15/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think just game speed.

When you turn game speed down to -1 it does seem to affect the pass speed also. I am planning on doing a video with brazil and france to see what kind of pass percentage I can get the teams at. My last two videos with Bayern they are around 85-90% but that is also because it is Bayern and they also I was playing defensive so they were just passing the ball around the half looking for openings to attack. I would love it if you guys came into my thread and posted some ideas about my videos there and even better post your own! Thanks!

# 133 L4velle @ 08/15/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly03
Two of my videos.

Brazil vs France
Bayern vs Juventus

I think gameplay is a bit too fast for my liking and tackling still feels a bit like your players moving on a rail.
Have you tried game speed -1 from the paused menu? That's perfect speed in my opinion.

# 134 dmendenhall_9 @ 08/15/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Well you certainly got my attention lol. I'm just kiddin' ya. Apology accepted, no biggie. As for PES, the reason why I singled out ground passes is because for me the velocity of the ground passes, and to a lesser extent through balls is too high, add in the players being a bit too spaced out and you get very high pass percentages, and very little in the way of pass int's resulting in quick counters the other way. Now that's not to say that counters don't indeed happen in PES, they do, but just a bit differently than I'd personally like.
On another note,
I'm really starting to like the tactical options available, and best of all they work, well, hopefully the CPU clubs adapt and change their strategy on the fly in ML, if they did that would be golden.
Keep churning out those videos!
Couple new videos on my thread. Take a look! Pass percentage is a little high for AI but it is Bayern too (ok i am repeating what i just said but oh well). I really like the shape I was getting from the teams though. Going to experiment with some less talented teams to see if that affects pass percentage too. It is too bad I can't let the AI play each other in demo because I think it would help to see what kind of changes to make to help the AI play better.

# 135 dubcity @ 08/15/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think just game speed.

But if it worked like FIFA's sliders, changing them would just open up other flaws in the game. I actually like that PES has avoided sliders. And since single-player has become such a secondary mode to online, I don't think we'll ever see sliders in PES. If FUT had caught on a few years earlier, FIFA probably wouldn't have sliders either. But I digress.

# 136 Money99 @ 08/15/15 05:27 PM
Finally got around to trying the demo.
Please note that I know nothing about soccer. Never played as a kid and really didn't think much of the sport up until this year.

I played 4 games and had an absolute blast.
I have no clue what I'm doing and most of my shots went high. I lost 3 and tied the last one 1-1.

I'm starting to get used to the controls and I think with more time I'll get better.

I also had no problem getting fouls called against me. In fact, it seemed anytime I slid (usually from a poor angle) I got rung-up for it. And the CPU was awarded a penalty kick anytime I slid-tackled a forward in the box.

Really, really enjoying this game.
I hope the Franchise Mode is deep. I love that stuff.

# 137 JimmyDeicide @ 08/15/15 06:33 PM
Very cool Money, glad your liking it, the animations are second to none, really well done this year. last year there was a little disconnect with it all but it controls so much better now.

I think you may like the master league mode if you have never done it before.
Looking for young players or abroad to bolster your team can be a real fun thing to do you can spend days in there.

# 138 Money99 @ 08/15/15 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Very cool Money, glad your liking it, the animations are second to none, really well done this year. last year there was a little disconnect with it all but it controls so much better now.

I think you may like the master league mode if you have never done it before.
Looking for young players or abroad to bolster your team can be a real fun thing to do you can spend days in there.
Thanks Jimmy!
Yeah, that sounds really cool.
The problem is I don't have the first idea of how the managerial world of soccer works.
It sounds like you can sign kids at 10 years old, haha.
The transfer window is also baffling.

I hope there's a good tutorial on how this all works.
I'm also really looking forward to qualifying for the Champions League.

# 139 sroz39 @ 08/16/15 10:47 AM
Played a few games and the quick impressions for me are that it looks and plays significantly better than 2015 but the fouls are a large enough issue that it would keep me from investing a huge amount of time into the game. Someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread but its actually a step back in its current form because of the increased physicality and animations. There's more ways to slow a person down now by fouling but it goes completely ignored by the refs.

I hope the devs follow through on their update that they're still working on the refs. It's just far too large an aspect of the sport to be ignored by the devs and looked past by me as a consumer.

Which is a shame because the rest of the game is a huge improvement and 2015 was already pretty great in its own right.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 140 ezio @ 08/16/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
When you turn game speed down to -1 it does seem to affect the pass speed also. I am planning on doing a video with brazil and france to see what kind of pass percentage I can get the teams at. My last two videos with Bayern they are around 85-90% but that is also because it is Bayern and they also I was playing defensive so they were just passing the ball around the half looking for openings to attack. I would love it if you guys came into my thread and posted some ideas about my videos there and even better post your own! Thanks!
I agree Game speed definitely seems to affect the pass speed. It is pretty good on -1 I did not try -2 yet because in the past I thought that was too slow.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.