Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just announced, on the GameStop Twitch livestream, they have added the '04-'05 Phoenix Suns and '05-'06 Miami Heat to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 10 of them have now been confirmed.

Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
  • '04-'05 Phoenix Suns
  • '05-'06 Miami Heat
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers
The last two teams will be revealed next Thursday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 VDusen04 @ 09/03/15 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqt
I really hope the Suns roster includes Walter McCarty. Loved that dude in Boston.
If McCarty and Walker made it, that'd be at least five players from the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals Celtics team. Probably not quite enough to make them on our own, though a few of the principle elements would be accounted for (Walker, McCarty, Paul Pierce, Rodney Rogers, Joe Johnson).

# 162 Playmakers @ 09/03/15 04:41 PM
I live in Phoenix and that Suns team was a fun to watch for sure...

If this game nails team tendencies these Classic teams will make this a must buy for me this year....

Not a huge fan of 2K B-Ball because of controls but this series gets it when it comes to what their fan base wants more often than not....

REPLAY VALUE!!!!!!

# 163 EarvGotti @ 09/03/15 04:42 PM
Any chance on a 98-99 Knicks team? The last Knicks team to make it to the finals....

# 164 Playmakers @ 09/03/15 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
If McCarty and Walker made it, that'd be at least five players from the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals Celtics team. Probably not quite enough to make them on our own, though a few of the principle elements would be accounted for (Walker, McCarty, Paul Pierce, Rodney Rogers, Joe Johnson).
Walk down Memory lane with those names

Rodney Rogers and Walter McCarty.....

Damn I wish someone would make another College B-Ball game just to create Classic teams alone would be amazing

# 165 LeBronistheKing @ 09/03/15 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNcmon
Most random player I'm ready to play with is Q-Rich! That quick shot from 3
I'm excited to use QRich and hope they have his celebration animation

# 166 Philg0126 @ 09/03/15 04:52 PM
Why do you guys want the 07 Cavs....that team would not be fun to use at all

# 167 Mauer4MVP @ 09/03/15 05:03 PM
Quote:
Joe Johnson was traded for Rodney Rogers right?

# 168 VDusen04 @ 09/03/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Sigh, I'm an idiot. So much for that, haha.

# 169 Mauer4MVP @ 09/03/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Sigh, I'm an idiot. So much for that, haha.
You're not the one that traded Joe Johnson and a 1st round pick for Rodney Rogers at least...

# 170 LeBronistheKing @ 09/03/15 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philg0126
Why do you guys want the 07 Cavs....that team would not be fun to use at all
I personally want them for the same reason I used the 86 Bulls. The opportunity to replicate a great individual performance with a younger more athletic version of a superstar. Glad I get to do that with 2006 Dwyane Wade. However I'm hoping that the 2013 Heat LeBron isn't the only "retro" version of LeBron we get. After all there are three versions of Kobe. Three versions of Dwyane Wade, three versions of Shaquille O'Neal and only two of LeBron.

# 171 VDusen04 @ 09/03/15 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I personally want them for the same reason I used the 86 Bulls. The opportunity to replicate a great individual performance with a younger more athletic version of a superstar. Glad I get to do that with 2006 Dwyane Wade. However I'm hoping that the 2013 Heat LeBron isn't the only "retro" version of LeBron we get. After all there are three versions of Kobe. Three versions of Dwyane Wade, three versions of Shaquille O'Neal and only two of LeBron.
And three versions of Charles Oakley, Dikembe Mutombo, and Paul Mokeski. It's like a dream come true.

# 172 DamnYanks2 @ 09/03/15 06:05 PM
Excellent additions, that's all I really wanted. Really wanted a knicks team with Sprewell, Houston, Camby etc, and a Bucks team with a prime Ray Allen and Glenn Robinson. But I'm more then content.

# 173 804Scoe @ 09/03/15 06:19 PM
Forgot that the Suns had Q-Rich that year.

MVP Nash, Prime Matrix, Young Amare, Young Joe Johnson, Q-Rich, and Young Blur Barbosa off the bench. That team was loaded!

# 174 BluFu @ 09/03/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Forgot about that tragedy lol

But besides maybe Delk, everyone's got pretty basic faces so I'll definitely take a crack at that 02 squad

# 175 VDusen04 @ 09/03/15 06:42 PM
Sidenote, remember when Joe Johnson taught us all once again why trying to dunk with two-hands and hang can be risky business when taking off of one foot, joining the likes of Andrew Bogut, Vladimir Radmonovic, and Jackson Vroman as illustrative perils of such strategy?

Take notes, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5F75fvHshM

# 176 ojandpizza @ 09/03/15 06:47 PM
"Too many Heat teams" there are only two...

"Too much LeBron" there is only one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 177 ZB9 @ 09/03/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua
And? He's a top 5 all time slasher who got to the basket at will unlike Dirk who was shooting jumpers and stil averaged 9-10 FT's a game, thus getting exposed by the Heat in the Finals and the Warriors as a 67-15 team in the first round. Him shooting jumpers with Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson guarding him in the post was probably the most pathetic play I've seen from a superstar next to '04 Kobe and '11 LeBron in their respective Finals.

As for the '06 P/O:

Wade - 250 FT's in 23 games
Dirk - 229 FT's in 23 games

... Dirk averaged a measly 0.9 less FT's than Wade per game despite mainly being a jumpshooter, albeit a great one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
I think the officiating was questionable but what it ultimately comes down to is Wade was equipped to abuse Harris/Terry similar to how they abused Finley/Barry.

Young Udonis Haslem staying in front of Dirk (which 35-year old Horry couldn't do) was likewise a factor. Dirk had to develop his post game after this series (similar to what LeBron had to do in the 2011 rematch).
Dirk actually had a good post game in '06 and he used it quite a bit that season. Avery Johnson was constantly harping on Dirk to post up and drive to the hole. Teams defended Dirk back then mainly by being physical. Being physical sometimes leads to fouls, whether it's jump shots or not (unless it's the '06 finals of course).

Yes Wade drove the lane a lot but he didn't need to drive the lane to get calls in that series and he didn't get that many whistles before those finals or after those finals. There are supposed to be less whistles in the finals but Wade got more than anyone in the history of the league. Regardless, the bad thing about that series wasn't that Wade got whistles, it's that the whistles were so one sided. Ive never seen a more one sided officiated series.

Anyway, ill always keep it real about the '06 Finals, but i wouldnt change it if i could because without those '06 Finals, 2011 might not have happened and that was one of the sweetest payback championships i've ever seen in sports. Dirk was basically possessed in the 2011 playoffs ad the fact that he got another shot at the Heat and took them down was like something out of a movie.

As far as the Golden State series, in the western conference teams dont get the luxury of getting a cake opponent in the first round like they do in the weak east. Those Warriors won 50 games and had Dirk's old coach. It was the worst match up possible for Dallas but i wouldn't change anything about that either because it might have taken that series also for 2011 to happen.

# 178 LeBronistheKing @ 09/03/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
"Too many Heat teams" there are only two...

"Too much LeBron" there is only one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There should be one more LeBron team. Wade, Kobe, and Shaq are rightfully represented on three different teams with three different versions, but LeBron is only on two teams with one being the current Cleveland Cavaliers. I have made no secret about my desire to be able to play as 22 or 24 year old LeBron. Would love to use the 2007 Cavaliers to recreate the 48 point game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Pistons. Or the 2009 Cavaliers to play as the most athletic first MVP season LeBron.

# 179 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/03/15 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I live in Phoenix and that Suns team was a fun to watch for sure...

If this game nails team tendencies these Classic teams will make this a must buy for me this year....

Not a huge fan of 2K B-Ball because of controls but this series gets it when it comes to what their fan base wants more often than not....

REPLAY VALUE!!!!!!
This !!! I don't wanna see the Suns playing some slow pace game lol hopefully the tendencies are done right

# 180 ZB9 @ 09/03/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
There should be one more LeBron team. Wade, Kobe, and Shaq are rightfully represented on three different teams with three different versions, but LeBron is only on two teams with one being the current Cleveland Cavaliers. I have made no secret about my desire to be able to play as 22 or 24 year old LeBron. Would love to use the 2007 Cavaliers to recreate the 48 point game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Pistons. Or the 2009 Cavaliers to play as the most athletic first MVP season LeBron.
good points but the Duncan/Manu/Parker Spurs should have a classic team represented before Lebron has a third team represented...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.