Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The much anticipated Madden NFL 16 patch has arrived for both Xbox One (732 MB) and PlayStation 4 (749 MB). Check out the list of updates below, which include improvements and fixes for gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more.

UPDATE: Just received official word from EA.

Quote:
Players will not need to restart their Connected Franchises to see most of the fixes in the Title Update. However, due to draft classes being randomly generated, you will have to restart if you want the changes to your current draft class, as we cannot retroactively change those ratings.

Also of note, the roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, according to Rex Dickson, creative director of the Madden NFL series.

Let us know what you are seeing!

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
  • Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren’t being touched
  • Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
  • Tuned regression for offensive linemen
  • Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
  • Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
  • Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
  • Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Addressed a rare issue where certain items would not have an image
OTHER
  • Addressed issue where the commentary line and presentation would repeat for a quarterback who returned from injury
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
  • Addressed general bugs and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1061 DerkontheOS @ 09/13/15 12:41 AM
My friend and I play an online CFM, cause he is stationed in Korea, and there is no work around for the overpowered confidence bonus everyone is seeing. Hopefully somebody figures something out otherwise we are gonna just be left to suck it up and deal with it.

# 1062 JumpOffMang @ 09/13/15 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Shenanigans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based off what metric and testing are you saying this?

# 1063 d23x @ 09/13/15 04:04 AM
It's pretty annoying that players being cut are still disappearing.

# 1064 althor @ 09/13/15 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Shenanigans.

I am not calling shenanigans but I am baffled why my 98 speed WR is NOT leaving behind the veteran CBs that I know do not have 98 speed...

# 1065 althor @ 09/13/15 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Yes that is correct. After deleting the tuner and being sure that the patch has been installed you can then redownload the tuner and it should help alleviate the problems people have seen.

By doing the 32 team control you will no longer experience drive goals that boost confidence over the long run of a CFM.
Would I have to restart CFM? Or can I delete, add tuner in my current active season?

# 1066 Mizzou24 @ 09/13/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Because rookies usually have low Elusiveness?

Don't you need both higher speed and a high elusiveness skill to get fast separation from a CB?

You mean release. Elusiveness has nothing to do with it. Route running probably plays a role in it too somehow.

# 1067 jgarrett @ 09/13/15 10:53 AM
Where do I go to check how much confidence is gained after each week?

# 1068 bkrich83 @ 09/13/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Because rookies usually have a low Release skill?

Don't you need both higher speed and a high release to get fast separation from a CB?
Pretty sure Agil, and Accel play in to it as well, as well as the DB's various other skills.

# 1069 JumpOffMang @ 09/13/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
I am not calling shenanigans but I am baffled why my 98 speed WR is NOT leaving behind the veteran CBs that I know do not have 98 speed...
Use the receiver in the slot where he isn't getting pressed. If he isn't getting pressed you run by the defender everytime

# 1070 JumpOffMang @ 09/13/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Yeah, agreed. All the more reason why I think speed disparities aren't such a big deal. Several skills besides speed are factored in to WR/CB match ups.

Bigger issues remain (auto subs not working properly in CFM, confidence, drive goals, glitched XP/FG's, LT regression) which I think require more attention.

Luckily OS'ers like A&S and Booker21 have found some workarounds.

Hopefully the next patch from EA is a little larger and more solid.

In the mean time. WaddaYaGonnaDo...
All the problems should be fixed. They were able to quickly change deep throw accuracy, why not speed as well.

# 1071 Miles Perry @ 09/13/15 06:17 PM
Why is the Bears' defense so bad??

# 1072 FluffyTonka @ 09/13/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
Why is the Bears' defense so bad??

the haven't drafted particularly well.

# 1073 kenlovin @ 09/14/15 10:13 AM
So the patch did not fix the dynamic drive goals confidence thing? By it appears as though that was in the patch

# 1074 Miles Perry @ 09/14/15 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
the haven't drafted particularly well.
I mean I get that, but 63 overall?? That's like 10 points worse than the next lowest..

# 1075 thm305 @ 09/14/15 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Works...?! Does this mean I can play 15 min. quarters and not get 400 total plays?

Yup. Check out my thread.

# 1076 tonedef407 @ 09/14/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmiggity
I absolutely agree with Mike. Between last night and this morning I have simmed 12 seasons, 1 at a time. The only issue present is CPU QB awr does not go up if you progress at "end of season." But, both options of "every 4 weeks" and "weekly" eliminate this.

Progressing at "end of season" leads to a league of QBs with super high accuracy ratings across the board and untouched awr. The other 2 options lead to increased awr as well as slower increase in accuracy ratings. I prefer "weekly" which had Andrew Luck at 97 awr after 2 seasons, and Winston up to a 76 awr.

"Every 4 weeks" is a nice balance between QB and LT progression. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I feel a need to look into for my cfm is the user confidence. Which I will test a few things for tonight .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Anyone else confirm that the online CFM has improved?

# 1077 d123cwik321 @ 09/15/15 10:39 AM
Does the patch work while already in a season or do you have to restart a cfm for it to take affect is there anyway to check that I have the patch I don't remember it prompting me to dl anything

# 1078 kongemeier @ 09/17/15 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thm305
Yup. Check out my thread.
Just checked it out! Thanks for this!!

# 1079 Smallville102001 @ 09/18/15 01:22 AM
I fell like this patch brook the game. I am not up with all the news about things because I have for the most part not had internet for about 17 days but in the first game I played post patch I gave up 320 yards on the ground to the CPU. Second game I gave up about 230 and in the game I am playing right now I have given up 158 yards at half time on the ground. Also I fell like no matter what I do slider wise I can not get any pressure on the QB but I had that issue even before the patch.

# 1080 DaBklynWay902 @ 09/18/15 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I fell like this patch brook the game. I am not up with all the news about things because I have for the most part not had internet for about 17 days but in the first game I played post patch I gave up 320 yards on the ground to the CPU. Second game I gave up about 230 and in the game I am playing right now I have given up 158 yards at half time on the ground. Also I fell like no matter what I do slider wise I can not get any pressure on the QB but I had that issue even before the patch.
Son, maybe you just suck!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.