Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

In this NBA 2K16 gameplay video, we get to take a peak at some action between the Memphis Grizzlies and the Chicago Bulls at the United Center. You can see some good action with some new animations in this one, as well as some good interior game action with both Pau Gasol and Zach Randolph grinding down low. Be sure to watch the gameplay and let us know what you spot!

You can also watch the video on YouTube. Feel free to Subscribe to our channel if you want as well.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Vni @ 09/14/15 11:06 AM
My goodness how the AI executes on offense. Amazing.

Only thing that I didn't like is Conley being pushed and falling on that butler drive layup.

Love the speed of the game and the spacing. Rim sounds are improved too.

# 2 The 24th Letter @ 09/14/15 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Only thing that I didn't like is Conley being pushed and falling on that butler drive layup..

This. We need to kill all those animations with fire please

That A.I my goodness...Carter coming around that screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 nova91 @ 09/14/15 11:26 AM
That turnaround jumper by Pau early in the video is a concern of mine; I know Pau is a good post scorer but last year I watched sooo many poor post scorers knock that shot down far too easily and far too consistently against good post defenders while playing MC.

# 4 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/14/15 11:29 AM
Rose / Jimmy / Pau / Noah/ Jeff Green( looks greasy) need new faces [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] hopefully patched but liked what I saw

# 5 JohnnyCash2015 @ 09/14/15 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
That turnaround jumper by Pau early in the video is a concern of mine; I know Pau is a good post scorer but last year I watched sooo many poor post scorers knock that shot down far too easily and far too consistently against good post defenders while playing MC.

And I'd like to see a hook shot for once instead of the standard turn around jumper we've been used to since we started this gen.

# 6 lvnba @ 09/14/15 11:40 AM
I see a LOT of improvements.

- Bench players have received some love.
- I like how Gasol has trouble posting Randolph. He can't move Zach.
- IA looks a lot different, less distant than ever to an human playing.

# 7 J_Posse @ 09/14/15 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This. We need to kill all those animations with fire please

That A.I my goodness...Carter coming around that screen

Or they need to be called a blocking foul/charge more frequently. Players still try to fouo the ref with flopping, so I don't personally mind the intent of it happening, but it be tied to their take charge tendency.

Nice methodical pace that both teams are known for. Once again, didn't like all the fade away shots posting up, especially with crafty/skilled scorers like the Gasol brothers and Z-Bo, but I like that the ball was thrown inside so frequently.

I also think I notice some new or improved accessories on the players which is awesome if correct. Another slight negative though is I believe that E'Twaun Moore went unscanned or redone (cyberface), again. Not a huge deal since he's an end of the bench emergency fill-in guy (although I thought he showed more than that in Orlando), but his face will be very jarring when compared to everyone else.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 8 Goffs @ 09/14/15 11:51 AM
That flop by Conley when Butler drove the baseline...*shudder*

# 9 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/14/15 11:56 AM
I was hoping to see some more variety in the post game, both the AI and the user were using turn around and fadeaway's often times backing down too long.

I wanna see Z-Bo muscle down low for good position and go UP fast into Pau or spin off of him. That's what will make the post game exciting and fun to use, how strong guys seal and get great position and how longer quicker guys attack quick off the entry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT0jCvbzX_w

# 10 GisherJohn24 @ 09/14/15 11:56 AM
There's some nice things on this video that I see. There's more animaitons on the pick and roll, some different looking passes, better/brighter looking court, more life, more organic and the ball bouncing off the rim looks fantastic.

# 11 bumpyface @ 09/14/15 11:57 AM
Looks a lot like 15 IMO. There was a blocking foul called that I would have called a charge. The passing didn't seem to be improved or sped up much. I was happy with contested shots not going in.

# 12 RunN1st @ 09/14/15 12:46 PM
Absolutely loving what I'm seeing! Unfortunately, the commentating seems to have taken a hit with losing Kerr. But that's just IMO.

# 13 GisherJohn24 @ 09/14/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Absolutely loving what I'm seeing! Unfortunately, the commentating seems to have taken a hit with losing Kerr. But that's just IMO.

When adding a new guy, that's expected!

# 14 Sundown @ 09/14/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Kerr definitely seemed to keep things more lively and engaged. There was a lot of silly back and forth chemistry. Anthony seems meh, but serviceable.

# 15 vannwolfhawk @ 09/14/15 01:33 PM
This was my favorite video by far. This looked like a sim game I'd play in. I liked Grizzlies looked to feed the post, also liked they had a few flex actions that looked better and developed quicker than in the past. Both teams ran some nice stuff. The 1st thing I notice that sticks out to me is much better spacing for the most part. Only thing I didn't like was Pau (pretty sure user) tried to post up from high post and back down. But I loved play where rose passed to butler then went and set a down screen for Pau who was running up to set a running ball screen but butler took baseline before Pau got there but I loved the action.

# 16 spankdatazz22 @ 09/14/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
When adding a new guy, that's expected!
I agree. Can only imagine the complexity of trying to integrate a new person into a 3-man team commentating team. And they seem to have done a very good job, where there aren't obvious tone differences, they seem to sound as if they're all interacting with each other, etc. And It'll only get better

Also want to note it sounds like 2K's done an exceptional job with the arena sounds/crowd noise.

# 17 GisherJohn24 @ 09/14/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I agree. Can only imagine the complexity of trying to integrate a new person into a 3-man team commentating team. And they seem to have done a very good job, where there aren't obvious tone differences, they seem to sound as if they're all interacting with each other, etc. And It'll only get better

Also want to note it sounds like 2K's done an exceptional job with the arena sounds/crowd noise.
I'll assume maybe Greg 's comments will be limited overall. Shall see. I will miss Kerr. I dug his commentary

# 18 vannwolfhawk @ 09/14/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
With Holiberg coming in for Chicago, i'm surprised there wasn't a faster paced offense. This looks like Thibs offense.
Not much to go off of yet... I'm sure czar will update this team as well as all teams with new coaches after a month or so and seeing what they are implementing or running. That's great part of having it tied to the roster updates. Pretty sweet.

# 19 blues rocker @ 09/14/15 02:13 PM
umm............wow. it's rare that i'm truly blown away...but there's no other way to put it.

this is a work of art. i tried to find an awkward movement, weird contact animation, or wonky animation transition...but i don't think i saw one. it just looks beautiful.

i'm an animation/physics junkie...so this is like heaven to me. it really draws me in when movement and physics are done right in games, and this is by far the best human movement i've witnessed in a video game (in terms of variety of movement, contextual appropriateness, and blending between movements). Bravo to Mike Wang and his player movement guys. i can see why the devs have been so high on this. it really does look like almost the whole game was mo-capped.

obviously, the AI and strategy improvements are great as well, but animation is just my thing, so i tend to really pay attention to that stuff.

my ONLY minor nitpick regarding animations is that it looks like the gathers on some dunk and layup animations are a bit sluggish, like the gather has been unnaturally slowed down or something. but i've only seen that a few times so far in these new vids.

# 20 Earl1963 @ 09/14/15 02:16 PM
Everything looks excellent, but why are the fans so silent? They said they fixed that.

Sent using a telephone

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.