Home
Blood Bowl 2 News Post

Check out the latest gameplay video here, featuring gameplay between the Orcs and High Elves. Blood Bowl 2 will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 22. For players that pre-order the game on Steam, you can play the beta now.

Quote:
Blood Bowl 2, the sequel to the video game adaptation of Games Workshop's famous board game that combines American football with the fantasy world of Warhammer will release worldwide on Tuesday, September 22 on PC and consoles. Players only have a few days left to benefit from all the pre-order offers, while Steam pre-ordered players have already invaded the pitches of the pre-order beta.

Today, we're unveiling the last video from the series of videos dedicated to Blood Bowl 2 races: this one is dedicated to the Orcs and the High Elves, two teams that have nothing in common.

Orcs teams are very well protected, with a high average armour value. The reasonably priced cost of their players and the strength of their Blitzers and Black Orcs allow for really offensive tactics. A little bit less versatile than Humans, Orcs still offer a certain variety in their game that is not given to other equally strong races.

Having access to almost unlimited funds, High Elves can afford to have better armour than other teams. They can also count on their ability to play a superb aerial game, thanks to their first class passers and catchers. First they distract their opponents by luring them to one part of the pitch, and then they throw the ball to the opposite side of the field, laughing all the way they score touch down after touch down.

Blood Bowl 2 is currently available for pre-order, with, as a bonus, one of two additional races (the Wood Elves or the Lizardmen). Players who pre-order the game on Steam also receive immediate access to the Multiplayer Beta of the game, currently running! Click here for more info.

Game: Blood Bowl 2Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Blood Bowl 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RickyAC @ 09/18/15 03:09 PM
This looks absolutely awful. Turn-based football looks boring and dumb.

# 2 ASUBoy93 @ 09/18/15 06:31 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the Turn-based approach. I don't think I would personally try this out, but I do think it looks interesting - also the commentary was very amusing.

# 3 herropreese @ 09/19/15 12:12 AM
If it was cheap and on sale I would pick it up. Turn based football just doesn't appeal to me, but if you're into this sort of game it looks like it would be enjoyable.

# 4 Tweeg @ 09/21/15 06:41 PM
Opposite of these guys. I have about 100 hours of the last edition of this played on my PC. You can't really look at this as a football game. There's a deep level of strategy that can all go haywire with the dice rolls. There's a nice depth to the leveling of your players too. You have to prepare for anything because there's a permadeath to some of the injuries your players suffer.

# 5 mestevo @ 09/22/15 12:02 AM
Thought it looked pretty cool.

# 6 LingeringRegime @ 09/22/15 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Opposite of these guys. I have about 100 hours of the last edition of this played on my PC. You can't really look at this as a football game. There's a deep level of strategy that can all go haywire with the dice rolls. There's a nice depth to the leveling of your players too. You have to prepare for anything because there's a permadeath to some of the injuries your players suffer.

I love games like this. Never gets old.

EDIT: This might be my sleeper hit of the year. I love it. I wish I would have pre ordered and got the two bonus races. I hope thy will be DLC soon.

# 7 TheBleedingRed21 @ 09/27/15 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAC
This looks absolutely awful. Turn-based football looks boring and dumb.
It's not a sports game.. It's a strategy game. Based off the board game.

It's actually very fun, don't knock it without trying it.

I got it today for $30 so couldn't pass up as I loved first blood bowl.

# 8 JMD @ 09/29/15 03:21 PM
I was hoping this would be like Mutant League Football.

# 9 TheBleedingRed21 @ 09/29/15 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I hope you're kidding.

Mutant football league looks terrible and is in no shape or form on the same level as blood bowl (again which is made from a board game). It would make no sense to have real time. Blood bowl 1 did and it was terrible.

# 10 LingeringRegime @ 09/30/15 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm pretty sure a remake of MLF is in the works. I loved that game on the Sega Genesis. I hope the remake will be high quality, similar to what Nether Realms Studios did with the Mortal Kombat Franchise.

I don't have a lot of time to play games much now, but when I do play I have been playing Blood Bowl 2. Hopefully, over the weekend I can put some hours into it. The new DLC is out in the PSN store. Wood Elves and Lizardmen.

# 11 opd897 @ 10/01/15 07:17 AM
If anyone was late to the party and didn't pre order this game, I have a Lizardmen download code to give away for the PS4. The codes were not immediately working so Gamestop provided me with a second code which I no longer need.

PM me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.