Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 players in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 12:54 AM
stephen curry top 2 above AD and KD, and only a notch below LeBron, is laughable. I can understand KD being that he was hurt but still. I would even take Harden, Russ, and CP3 over Curry. I wish 2K would stop gassing players ratings because of team success. Just like last year when almost every Spurs player got a ratings bump. And at people saying Kawhi is better than Melo but have no problem with Curry being so high when his defense is worse than Melo's

# 42 Gargamell @ 09/23/15 12:55 AM
I'm not big fan of Malo but his a beast on offense.........

# 43 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
respect. I disagree. I feel Aldridge will fall out of the top ten by playing team spurs ball but i see melo actually moving up in rating since he has to show the league he is still elite so that a team will want to trade for him and his contract regardless of his teams record. I think this is the year cousins gets his team winning to support his stats. PG i just dont know about him being moved to PF, he isnt like lebron or melo or unguardable because of his height like KD. Lillard could also have a high usage rate this year and wouldnt be surprised if he had numbers like 26 7 and 6 which would probably grant him top ten access as well
Paul George is the same height as KD.....

# 44 TheVinylHippo @ 09/23/15 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavycrocket
Top 10 Players how it SHOULD Be in the total vacuum of history and today.

1. LeBron 93
2. KD 91
3. Cp3 90
4. Curry 89
5. AD 88
6. Blake 87
7. Harden 86
8. Westbrook 86
9. Wall 85
10. Melo (Healthy) 85 or Dwight, Gasol at 85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you just put CP3 over Steph Curry after Steph abused him every time they matched up last season?

# 45 eltyboogie @ 09/23/15 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Did you just put CP3 over Steph Curry after Steph abused him every time they matched up last season?
he outplayed him ONCE in the 4 matchups 😂
watch games and not espn

# 46 cbpo @ 09/23/15 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
stephen curry top 2 above AD and KD, and only a notch below LeBron, is laughable. I can understand KD being that he was hurt but still. I would even take Harden, Russ, and CP3 over Curry. I wish 2K would stop gassing players ratings because of team success. Just like last year when almost every Spurs player got a ratings bump. And at people saying Kawhi is better than Melo but have no problem with Curry being so high when his defense is worse than Melo's
So Much ignorance in this post. Curry is perfect where is, based off the entire body of work last year. And the idea of melo being better defensively than curry is also laughable. People so stuck in the past. Curry played solid D last year.

# 47 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeed04
I think Steph is a fantastic ball player. Great shooter, has incredible instinct, and is great passer. But there's no way that he's only a notch under LeBron, let alone *better* than KD.

There are two sides of the ball in basketball. Curry is elite level on one side, and is able to be hidden by his team's all-time great perimeter, and interior defenders on the other side.

LeBron is an elite offensive player, and a better than average defensive player. Is he as good of a shooter as Steph? Absolutely not. But he's one of the games best finishers, best scorers, best passers, playmakers, decision makers and foul drawers. Not to mention that he has clout around the league.

Could it and should it be argued that Steph is a 90? Sure. But historically, LeBron is one of the all time greats. And since the ratings are based off of all time greats(there are only 2 other SF in history as good as LeBron: Pippen, Bird and perhaps one day KD) then LeBron should be higher than, or have a greater gulf between he and other players.

Not a fan of recency bias.

Old curmudgeon out.

And honestly LeBron is ahead of Pippen by a pretty large gap IMO, not just 1 or 2 points.

But that's a whole separate topic we don't need to really delve into.

# 48 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 02:05 AM
Everybody praising Curry for his first year of solid defense.. Doesn't matter at all that his team was the best defensive team in the league, that couldn't possibly make Curry appear better than what he actually is... Smh

# 49 cbpo @ 09/23/15 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Everybody praising Curry for his first year of solid defense.. Doesn't matter at all that his team was the best defensive team in the league, that couldn't possibly make Curry appear better than what he actually is... Smh

He was apart of the reason they were the best defensive team. Yes bogut/draymond etc are monsters on D but Curry played Very good Off the Ball D and Help D.
He led all PG's in DRPM which takes into account teammates, opponents etc thus it isn't aided by how good his teammates were and he was still first. His on Ball D is definitely average but that makes up only a portion of D, follow curry off-ball and he's always making the right rotations and working extra hard to deny his guy the ball.
Meanwhile, you take someone like Melo who had a very negative DRPM

# 50 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 02:25 AM
Team defense definitely impacts DRPM though.

And I'm not claiming Melo to be a good defender, just think Steph has been massively overrated on that end after last season.

He wasn't on either all defensive team, is likely isn't ever going to be, so people should really stop acting like he's at that level.

# 51 Sundown @ 09/23/15 02:32 AM
Quote:

Curry played solid defense. He played smart, aggressive and worked in the team scheme. It shows up in the eye test and advanced metrics. No he's not an elite defender but it was average to above average.

It's not like Westbrook who plays aesthetic looking defense by gambling but is still a net negative for years while playing with a good defensive team. Obviously playing with other good defenders doesn't automatically make you look better than you are. Being athletic and active to negative results does seem to however.

# 52 Equinox831 @ 09/23/15 02:33 AM
Quote:

And I'm not claiming Melo to be a good defender, just think Steph has been massively overrated on that end after last season.

He wasn't on either all defensive team, is likely isn't ever going to be, so people should really stop acting like he's at that level.

Steph is definitely not a very good defender. He fits in to the Warriors defensive scheme well, but a fully healthy Kyrie would've gotten around Curry at will in the Finals. It was the help defense, especially Bogut and Green, that helped Curry a ton last year.

You do have to give him some credit though. He went from being piss poor on the defensive end to at least serviceable.

# 53 CaliDude916 @ 09/23/15 02:33 AM
Good list for the most part. My biggest issue is Cousins not being on this list. Not sure how Aldridge and Griffin are rated higher than him, it really doesn't make sense to me. Best Center in the league and he's only an 87, but I believe he needs to be in the 90's. Put him up there with AD. His and AD's stats are EXTREMELY close. His PER is higher than Carmelo, Griffin, and Aldridge, all of which are rated higher than him. I don't understand why he gets disrespected, it's absolutely mind boggling.

# 54 cbpo @ 09/23/15 02:37 AM
Quote:

The purpose of DRPM is to eliminate the team affecting an individual's defensive box +/-. Regular Defense box plus/minus is affected by who is on the court with you etc. DRPM isn't, it was made to adjust for teammates on court/opponents/coach and a bunch of other crap to see the real value of someone defensively.
I never claimed he was an elite defender lol because hes not and nor will he ever be on a defensive team but his overall Defense last year was solid and easily above average.

Me mentioning melo was aimed at other guy saying melo was better than curry defensively.

But overall taking into account both ends of court these ratings at least for top 5 are accurate IMO.
I would expect over the course of the season for Durant to return to form, and Davis to improve and both of them eclipsing Curry. Also hard to imagine Curry having another season like last year, his efficiency was insane.

# 55 Sundown @ 09/23/15 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie

Lol. Curry had the highest RPM in the league. He's not just riding on his team. He's as much a part of their success as they are built around his insane offense.

Curry had a better season than CP3 though they are close. He's a shade better than Harden though I think Curry teams would have a higher ceiling. Same goes for Westbrook who I consider the worst player of all of these (by a shade). He has a bigger impact on offense and slightly better impact on defense than the latter two players. It's arguable that Davis was or will immediately be better than Curry but just as easily argued that Curry had a better season.

Lol, no one was calling GSW stacked the season before and it's practically the same team.

Curry's defense has more positive impact than Melo. He also plays in a position where defense hurts you the least, and he's clearly a much better offensive player.

# 56 RandomPerson @ 09/23/15 02:44 AM
CP3 is not better than Curry. People should just stop with that.

# 57 cbpo @ 09/23/15 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Good list for the most part. My biggest issue is Cousins not being on this list. Not sure how Aldridge and Griffin are rated higher than him, it really doesn't make sense to me. Best Center in the league and he's only an 87, but I believe he needs to be in the 90's. Put him up there with AD. His and AD's stats are EXTREMELY close. His PER is higher than Carmelo, Griffin, and Aldridge, all of which are rated higher than him. I don't understand why he gets disrespected, it's absolutely mind boggling.
He definitely should be over Melo IMO. At first glance it would seem like he should be over Aldridge and Griffin but then when you look at his advanced stats it's sort of Iffy. DMC's usage rate is insane and he also turns the ball over a ridiculous amount. For example if you look at individual ORTG which is points produced per 100 possessions his is significantly lower than blakes and also lower than Aldridge's. He's not very efficient for a big-man and he also turns the ball over like 3 more times per game than aldridge or griffin.
If griffin/aldridge had a usage rate as high as his, they would prob score more than he is now. He's a much better passer than aldridge though and the best rebounder of the bunch/gets blocks and steals so I would say it's really close. It isn't farfetched that aldridge/griffin are over him, though Melo def shouldn't be over him.

# 58 Sundown @ 09/23/15 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916

PER doesn't account for defense outside of blocks and steals and AD is a better defender than Cousins. 87 pretty much has him as the best center in the league-- I do think the OVR formula for bigs needs to be adjusted a bit though. I mean Kareem only gets a 93 really?

Melo over him is messed up.

# 59 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 02:52 AM
Solid is the key word. People act as if he's great.

Russ gambles because it's their play style. Always has been, just like quick shots with iffy shot selection was their offense. That's coach Brooks, that's what he wanted them to do. He wanted the tempo high, 20 shots a piece from Kd and Westbrook.

Russ is a very capable defender. Curry might be smarter defensively, but Russ can cover his man 1 on 1 just as well. Curry might be a better off ball defender, with higher awareness, but Russ has quicker hands, plays the passing lanes better than any PG in the league, he's more versatile and can guard both guard spots, his athleticism allows him to block shots and he is strong enough to keep guys from posting him up. And a better defensive rebounder.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Curry, I just think overall Westbrook is slightly higher. He gambles, he plays in a sporadic system, not everything is a clear as looking at the +/-.

If you really don't believe Russ can cover his man 1 on 1 just as well as Curry can then we just disagree. Delly sliced up Curry all finals long. He didn't score much, because he isn't a good scorer, but he consistently got wherever he wanted on the court. That isn't the mark of a great defender.

Russ also received 35 all defensive team votes this year (13 first team) to Curry's 14 (2 first team).

Regardless, CP3 is a better defender than either of them.

# 60 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
CP3 is not better than Curry. People should just stop with that.

He's better at literally everything except shooting.

He has the best ball control in the league, he's the best passer in the league, he's a better defender, even defended Durant for crying out loud, a better post up player, he's a better ball handler: no he doesn't have he flashy crossovers but he breaks down a defense and doesn't turn it over when he gets in the lane with 5 people around him, he had his team ranked higher offensively at the end of the year, despite his big man being a dunk only player and his wing threats being extremely average. He's the best all around package of scoring, playmaking, defense that the league has right now at the PG spot.

Idk how you could claim otherwise honestly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.