Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

NBA Live 16 is available today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Today Electronic Arts Inc. launched NBA LIVE 16 on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. NBA LIVE 16 highlights the brand-new LIVE PRO-AM mode, as well as the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players can express themselves both on and off the court with new gameplay mechanics, fresh gear and kicks, plus new ways to play.

LIVE PRO-AM provides players the chance to rise together with online team-play mode LIVE Run and the new cooperative Summer Circuit mode. In LIVE Run up to 10 players can compete in online games to 21 points on iconic courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Terminal 23 and more. Summer Circuit allows up to five players to travel around North America challenging all-star teams as they try to become the true kings of the court. Those who have played the NBA LIVE 16 demo on Xbox One or PS4 will be able to carry over created player progress and unlocked gear, getting a leg up on the competition.

Players can find the perfect gear to express their personality, with hundreds of shirts, shoes, sneakers, and more available from top brands. Players can also get themselves in the game with the official NBA LIVE Companion (available on the App Store and Google Play) featuring GameFaceHD. This exclusive mobile scanning technology allows fans to quickly and easily scan their face and upload it to their in-game character.

Created characters can also be used in Rising Star career mode (retaining all progression across modes), and aspiring GMs can try their hand at running a NBA franchise in Dynasty mode. Players looking to build an unbeatable crew of both modern stars and past greats can jump into LIVE Ultimate Team, and those hoping to either relive or rewrite history can check out LIVE Rewind and Big Moments. Newcomers or players looking to build their skill base can jump into Learn LIVE, with multiple options for drills and practice sessions.

Fans will also be treated to enhanced gameplay in NBA LIVE 16 thanks to the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players move with purpose and react intelligently to try and get open with cuts and off-ball screens. Plus, new mechanics like touch passing and dribble handoffs make it easier than ever to orchestrate the offense and make the big play. In addition to all these features, new shot mechanics, shot meter and feedback give players instant information to help them learn exactly when to release the ball. With the variety of modes, options and gameplay upgrades, there’s something in NBA LIVE 16 for everyone.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/30/15 08:59 PM

I'm impressed. Patch bailed them out big time. Mid range game and 3 game is in effect for both the USER and CPU. Offball movement has been improved as well, players no longer just stand there like zombies after a play is ran. Some of the plays being ran in this offball movement is kind of questionable though. I saw them clear out for an ISO play for a player who is fast but don't have the best handles in the world.

Seem as though Live 16 only have 1 type of block and that is send it flying type of block. I wish they add some subtle style blocks as well because at times they block too hard and the ball goes out of bounds. Where as a nice subtle block would allowed you get possession and start off a fast break.

Game speed is too fast. Game plays like a sprint race. Sad thing is everybody the court seem to be able to run very fast. There are still some automatic unstoppable lay up and dunk animations that start out kind of far from the basket. I noticed that force field along the baseline is still there. I seen CPU ball handlers glide along that invisible wall several times on lay up and dunk animations. When in reality they should have been bumped out of bounds.

Post game, well that is still the same. Pretty limited and the glaring sore spot in the game. Dribble hand offs are much smoother and effective now. In the demo I felt like it wasn't effective against the CPU, but now it is. The AI while improved, is still lacking but much better then the demo AI.

As it stands now, I would give this an 8 out 10. Patch saved some jobs and this series. I feel the bad demo will hurt their sales though since most people base their buying off how the demo plays.

# 82 Calvenn @ 09/30/15 09:47 PM
I made a similar comment some time ago about the potential for the various quirks and issues within the demo to turn some people away unfortunately. It will be a big shame if that turned out to be the case because this game is truly very competent and engaging at this stage with the inclusion of the patches. We can only hope for "common sense to prevail" as they say, and for these same people to give the game a second look fully understanding they were playing a "demo" that by design should have inherent flaws that are usually addressed with final releases and with patches.

Only in this case the Live team desired to reach the masses and finally achieved a wider audience (especially from the other side of the pond) with the announcement and subsequent release of the demo. It certainly would have been nice and effective to show a more fully polished product (sure time constraints played a role in releasing with some of the major flaws intact). I still support their strategy of at least releasing such a fully featured demo. We can only hope that some of these folks were captivated enough by the Pro Am mode (If turned off by the Nba game) and/or saw enough potential in the Nba game to return and revisit the entire game post patches. Time will only tell. I still stand by what I said earlier. There is something different and also promising about the way things are being handled this year. I expect them to continue improving this game in any way possible. Their dedicated efforts are clearly coming to fruition. Congrats to the team for this marvelous achievement! WTF and Mrprice33 were right on the money all along!

# 83 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/01/15 12:34 AM
I just lost a game because the game wouldn't trigger a foul. I am so mad. Any other time that would have been a foul. 6 swipes at the ball and not 1 foul triggered.....SMH.

Offensive rebounds, like the other game is severely lacking by default. Going to see if there is a slider for that. No team grabs enough offensive rebounds. I just noticed sliders change by 10 now, WTF ? It was by 5 in the demo now they raised it by 10 ? Why not make it by 1.

# 84 Calvenn @ 10/01/15 01:20 AM
I believe the slider increments have always been 10 dI gits since the demo release.

# 85 benefactor @ 10/01/15 02:05 AM
Sliders were always 10. Also sounds like you were just pressing steal rather than the foul button Mad.

# 86 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/01/15 02:25 AM
I lost another one by a last second 3 by a 7ft PF of all people who I had no idea could hit a 3, he wasn't even a starter, he was a bench player. Ellis on the Pacers is no joke. He is hard to guard. Going to lower the CPU shooting sliders, they shoot too well, like over 60% well. It is mainly their layups which they rarely miss.

I am starting to notice the last 60 seconds of the game the USER seem to lose control and stuff start happening that you don't want to happen. Like you get stuck in a 3 pump fakes in a row loop when you not even trying to pump fake. Or on inbound plays you trying to select your best player but instead it won't allow you to control him to receive the ball.

Also find the help Defense in this game to be way too inconsistent. You will see it in the 1st quarter, but after that quarter the help defense just disappears for the USER side for the rest of the game. It is kind of frustrating seeing your teammates in perfect position for help defense to block a layup just suddenly turn their back to the play for no reason or they simply don't jump.

EA need to tighten that up. They also need to fix your Coach from changing your tight defense to loose. This seems to happen quite a bit which leaves players wide open too often. Which this year is an automatic bucket if the CPU is left open. I shouldn't have to burn a time out to put stuff back to where I originally had it.

But anyway, going to raise the blocking ability, maybe that will help with help D being too inconsistent.

# 87 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/01/15 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
Sliders were always 10. Also sounds like you were just pressing steal rather than the foul button Mad.
I was hitting both. Neither would trigger a foul.

# 88 Walt Frazier @ 10/01/15 04:14 AM
Got the game...big improvement on the demo and much, much better than LIVE 15.

Positives:
-More contact
-Nice mid range game...saw Korver catch and shoot, Milsap pull up from 17 feet etc.
-Defense is better
-Some semblance of team styles
-Arenas are alive (a big thing for me personally...I love seeing the different courts and arenas)

Negatives
-All bigs still put the ball on the floor
- All bigs still do ridiculous hook shots that seem to drop
- Post game is really limited.
- Players who are "off" are really bad...Zach Randolph, Mirotic, etc.
- Dynasty / season mode is TERRIBLE. I just made a separate thread for that. If season / dynasty is your thing, be warned.

Overall = really good fun. Not 100% sim, but definitely can be played SIM like if you want to run plays and use def settings.

A really solid 7/10 type game at the moment IMO.

# 89 Playmakers @ 10/01/15 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I just lost a game because the game wouldn't trigger a foul. I am so mad. Any other time that would have been a foul. 6 swipes at the ball and not 1 foul triggered.....SMH.

Offensive rebounds, like the other game is severely lacking by default. Going to see if there is a slider for that. No team grabs enough offensive rebounds. I just noticed sliders change by 10 now, WTF ? It was by 5 in the demo now they raised it by 10 ? Why not make it by 1.
I'm going to respond to a few of your post in here....

The demo sliders were in 10 point increments (I agree it should be a option of 5 or even 1)

If you raise the Reach In Slider you probably would have got that foul call late in the game for reaching in....

Raise Offensive Rebounds for better results in that area if you like..

Layup Shooting is one way you can reduce the Layup Percentage in this game if your not seeing enough missed layups but I would also suggest increasing Shot Block and Contest Shot if you want to make your defenders more active or defense.

Those two slider are like awareness defensive sliders think of it as forcing your defenders to do something/react more often when the slider is increased higher.

Also on the higher levels just like in Madden when you play on All Madden or NHL when you play on Super Star the game always tends to impact the human player defenders......it makes them less aware in order to make the games more challenging on those levels.

If anyone disagrees go play any EA Sports games on Pro Level and watch the way defenders react on their own for the human side and then move each game up to the highest level and watch how defenders tend to be a step slow to react.

There's a reason why on All Madden you have to raise pass coverage for example to damn near 100 and reduce CPU QB accuracy...

NHL your goalie goes brain dead on higher difficulty lower difficulty he plays more to his ratings

This is EA's way of giving the impression that the AI is better in all their sports games on higher difficulty settings when in reality it's not they just penalize the human player AI.

The good thing is Sliders in NBA Live work pretty damn good this year just like Madden.

Doesn't matter what level you play on you can get the game to produce it all just depends on what your looking for while playing the game....

# 90 The 24th Letter @ 10/01/15 08:31 AM
Has head to head play improved any since the patch yesterday?

# 91 Earl1963 @ 10/01/15 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewreck
Theres one issue that bugs me..when you have to ball..and just want to move up a little if your too far out beyond the 3...you just flick the left stick a little foward and your guy like LUNGES forward and goes really far...you cant just slowly move foward...they could work on making moving a little more controlled for if you wanna move slowly around..not just flying around everywhere..
Don't "flick the stick" gently move the stick forward and he will move gently. Remember the sticks are analog.

Sent using a telephone

# 92 charlesadams3rd @ 10/01/15 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Not really. Still seems like PIP are out of control. Some slight balance but if they get in deep enough everything seems to fall. A lot of those stupid high arching layup and hook shot animations happening too.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

# 93 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/01/15 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Offline player only here. People are saying dynasty is horrible. Is the game not worth getting in my case?
I am offline player. I got Live 16 simply for the play now type games. It is also my fall back dynasty in case 2K16 servers take a crap since everything is attached to online connection in that game.

# 94 charlesadams3rd @ 10/01/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Offline player only here. People are saying dynasty is horrible. Is the game not worth getting in my case?
Just depends on what you are looking for. Many are looking for depth in the mode that isn't there right now. They are rightly disappointed as EA hasn't made any significant improvement to the mode for a few years. So if you enjoy the gameplay alone you may be ok, but don't expect anything too deep.

# 95 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/01/15 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm going to respond to a few of your post in here....

The demo sliders were in 10 point increments (I agree it should be a option of 5 or even 1)

If you raise the Reach In Slider you probably would have got that foul call late in the game for reaching in....

Raise Offensive Rebounds for better results in that area if you like..

Layup Shooting is one way you can reduce the Layup Percentage in this game if your not seeing enough missed layups but I would also suggest increasing Shot Block and Contest Shot if you want to make your defenders more active or defense.

Those two slider are like awareness defensive sliders think of it as forcing your defenders to do something/react more often when the slider is increased higher.

All my foul sliders are maxed out. They simply wouldn't trigger a late game foul. Might have been a one game fluke who knows, but they definitely didn't trigger late in that game.

# 96 ybtherockstar @ 10/01/15 12:32 PM
I am an offline player only and i love it this year. I am loving the player models and animations. Of course there are a few wonky ones that need to be ironed out, but overall I am enjoying it. I mainly do play now mode, rising star and for dynasty, I mainly only do fantasy drafts. I am enjoying the Live experience so far. The graphics are awesome as well.

# 97 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/01/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't think so. Was watching people play online yesterday and it was just a fast break fest with everybody just trying to dunk.

# 98 WTF @ 10/01/15 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
All my foul sliders are maxed out. They simply wouldn't trigger a late game foul. Might have been a one game fluke who knows, but they definitely didn't trigger late in that game.
Did you try L1 and square? That's intentional I believe. I've never had it not register. That stinks.

# 99 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/01/15 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Did you try L1 and square? That's intentional I believe. I've never had it not register. That stinks.
Yep L1 & square. Repeatedly. When that wasn't working I simply just tried to steal the ball which usually results in a foul if you swipe repeatedly. Just wouldn't register.

# 100 charlesadams3rd @ 10/01/15 01:29 PM
Quote:
I'm not much of a deep guy. More of a casual basketball gamer. I like 2K in some gameplay instances, but I like Live gameplay in other instances. As long as dynasty is not off the charts bad I hope I would be okay with it. I hate to be that guy, but I play Live for fun. It's like a slightly sim, but fun game. Enjoying all EA sports 16 games this year. Big improvements. If dynasty isn't exactly a game killer then I think I'd go with Live for the gameplay.
I think you would be ok with it. It's mainly the deeply sim guys that are looking for lots of options and things that are bothered. If you just wanna play and take your team through dynasty, you'll enjoy it. I am.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.