Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

WWE 2K16 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, check out the launch trailer here.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 demencia_total @ 10/27/15 11:21 PM
Love the game, the matches actually feel like wrestling and not like a fighting game and the AI is not brain dead for the first time in the history of this series. However, the submission mini-game thing is HORRIBLE. I simply do not understand what my input is actually doing in context to what's happening with the markers.

The CAW system is superb this year, there's already a Kurt Angle one that's pretty much perfect. I decided to upload a moveset for it that I created, good times.

# 82 DTX3 @ 10/27/15 11:22 PM
Might be a stupid question but how do you earn VC? I'm about 6 matches into mycareer and have none.

I wish XBO's recording system was like the PS4 and recorded the last 15 minutes of gameplay. I just had an amazing match in mycareer vs Balor. Breeze came out to try and distract me but wasn't a difference. However, the match was a great back and forth pace.

Balor hit me with his finisher and I kicked out and the very last second. Two reversals later and I got to hit my own finisher for the win. Haven't felt so into a match in a very long time, this game is 5 star all the way.

# 83 pdandy @ 10/27/15 11:43 PM
Started with Bam Bam (me) vs. Seth Rollins on Legend. Had plenty of wars and was only able to eke out one win out of 4 matches. One loss by Pedigree, the 2nd loss by turnbuckle powerbomb and the final loss was after a rope break that the ref didn't see.

Ran a CPU vs. CPU Legend match with Brock and Stone Cold. Brock kicked out a pin after a stunner midway through the match. Stone Cold countered an F5 later on. The ending was very surprising. Stone Cold hit a stunner and stood there. I was confused by the AI's lack of pin. Then he picked up Brock and hit a 2nd Stunner. Didn't think the AI would even try that over an immediate pin.

Probably needs a little slider tuning (I think reversal regeneration should be slower) but the new reversal system and the 2 year old stamina system have worked wonders for this series.

P.S. Love the close two count animations.

# 84 DTX3 @ 10/27/15 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Might be a stupid question but how do you earn VC? I'm about 6 matches into mycareer and have none.
NVM. You start earning VC once you've completed the tutorial stage of Career. Really loving the career mode this year, playing this more than Halo 5 right now.

# 85 carlmeck1 @ 10/28/15 01:11 AM
So.. Are you able to create a story with custom cut scenes, promos, etc? I remember how we used to be able to do that and cut our own promos, they took it away for 2k15 I believe, is that something that is back??

# 86 pdandy @ 10/28/15 02:08 AM
Had a pretty entertaining match. Sami Zayn (me) vs. Cena (Legend). I tuned the reversal regeneration to 25/100.

Drew first blood with a sit-out powerbomb and then the kick finisher. Cena kicked out. Then Cena went nuts and hit power move after move. 5 Knuckle Shuffle and AA but was able to kick out at the 2nd try. Got into a stalemate where we were both at 0 or 1 reversals and traded offensive stints. Stamina was on the last tier now and the slow down in the match allowed us to get around 2-3 reversals each.

I again hit the sit-out powerbomb but Cena kicks out again. After a failed Koji Clutch, I decided to go for a missile dropkick off the top turnbuckle as Cena was struggling to get up. Cena caught me in mid-air and hit an AA for the 3-count.

# 87 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 10/28/15 02:56 AM
I'm loving the game but I'm losing a lot with submission. I can't get out any tips

# 88 BDKiiing @ 10/28/15 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
The 20 download limit for 24 hours is pretty lame. Servers are still bad even with that.

Better than the 10 in 24 hours last year.

# 89 voodoo_magic @ 10/28/15 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
For those that have the game, are you required to have the Diva title as one of the four belts on a show?

Please tell me no....
There are 4 championships, world, singles, tag and diva.
You can vacate the diva but can't replace it with another mens title.

# 90 cjallure24 @ 10/28/15 08:15 AM
Just to reiterate what a lot of people have been already saying. The in ring action is beyond awesome. The implementation of the reversal bar is incredible. It just adds another layer of strategy to the game. Matches feel fluid, wrestlers have more weight to them, and movement feels more natural. I love the little suttle things like the camera angle after a 2 count kick out, and crowd reacts and the commentary reaction. Everything just feels like a WWE broadcast.

# 91 Mercury112491 @ 10/28/15 08:31 AM
I don't understand the trouble with submissions people have.

If you're on the receiving end you're the blue block. Rotate your stick to keep the blue from overlapping the red. If you hit "LT?" Is gives you a speed boost but makes it almost impossible to control. If you're applying the submission same thing except you're the red block.

# 92 eremiomania @ 10/28/15 08:54 AM
- The roster is amazing. So massive. My only complaint would be no Hogan, Goldberg, or Road Dogg (since Billy Gunn is in).

- I LOVE the alphabetical list to select wrestlers from. I've never liked the grid they've always used.

- I'm a fan of menu music being songs and not entrance themes.

- Entrance attacks!!!! So cool.

- Fighting as the Terminator is cool.

- Still getting used to the submission and pin changes.

# 93 Stormyhog @ 10/28/15 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I'm loving the game but I'm losing a lot with submission. I can't get out any tips
When on the receiving end of a submission rotate the blue bar to keep away from the red bar. If you get overlapped by the red for to long you will submit.

# 94 ivan5658 @ 10/28/15 09:59 AM
How's the CAW system this year? Last year's was sorely lacking in features and options. Is it back to what it was before 2k15?

# 95 shugknight @ 10/28/15 11:33 AM
Damn you all for making me get the game at 9am this morning. As well as taking the next 2 days off.

Well you can tell how long I've watched or played a wrestling game. I started a TLC match between Nash and Luger and I forgot how to win the match lol.

# 96 Novicain13 @ 10/28/15 12:00 PM
I am having a blast so far. One thing I noticed is that when the AI grabs the rope while I have them pinned and the ref still completes the count and I win. Is this done by design? Or just a bug?

# 97 pdandy @ 10/28/15 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novicain13
I am having a blast so far. One thing I noticed is that when the AI grabs the rope while I have them pinned and the ref still completes the count and I win. Is this done by design? Or just a bug?
That is by design. Although I do think the chance that a referee doesn't see it may be tuned too high.

# 98 TheShizNo1 @ 10/28/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
When on the receiving end of a submission rotate the blue bar to keep away from the red bar. If you get overlapped by the red for to long you will submit.
So pretty much the UFC 3 submission system?

# 99 RnRexpress3423 @ 10/28/15 12:52 PM
Hitting someone with a weapon actually looks like it hurts this year. There's IMPACT!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 100 Stormyhog @ 10/28/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
So pretty much the UFC 3 submission system?
Pretty much but there is an orb within the meter that you grab to help put your opponent away or escape.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.