Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego is Twitch streaming MLB The Show 16 right now, as the team goes over the Showtime and Road to the Show modes.

Watch the stream here. For those of you that miss it, we will update this post with the archive.

UPDATE: The stream has completed, watch the archive here (it starts at roughly the 16:35 mark).

Some notes:
  • 20-80 scale confirmed in Franchise mode
  • You CAN turn the Showtime feature on/off
  • New running styles are normal, lumbering, speedster and athletic
  • Over 600 new animations added, 100's more a dive specific
  • While running bases, hold L1 for a zoomed in view, L2 for a medium view
  • Oakley, EvoShield, and All Star are the new equipment brands
  • New Balance not in this year, maybe next year
  • No tattoos or face scanning in RTTS
  • You can view team uniforms in player editor

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 JayD @ 02/05/16 02:04 PM
One question, Is player equipment choices better for generated players? Basically players wearing batting gloves more often than not, no more multi colored equipment, no more heavy pine tar on the majority of players, etc.

I didn't get a big enough sample size during the stream.

# 162 tnixen @ 02/05/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Presentation stream is on the 25 and yes it's way to late for feature requests.
Thanks for the replay Russell I really appreciate that.

I will definitely tune in to the Presentation stream on the 25th and hopefully there will be some nice surprises in store

# 163 Scott @ 02/05/16 02:12 PM
Russell, have most minor league logos/uniforms been updated? Hopefully we're not dealing with last years Logos/Uniforms?...

# 164 vidgames @ 02/05/16 02:19 PM
Would be nice to have that Showtime pitching interface inputted into regular gameplay and not just Showtime moments.

# 165 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/05/16 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
um no offense to the great team in SD, but with two months left this should be polish time shouldn't it? I mean we can all expect this game as with fifteen to me multiple patched once put out on March 29th.

when they mentioned that this was an extremely buggy build with two months to go i shook me head.. i was like really guys... come on.... Night games not even ready to be shown right now... wow... this worries me... how many patches will this game need once released to fix all the issues that will come with it...

hopefully by the time we get to the franchise news feeds most of the issues will be fixed and ready to go
I'm 100% sure that they're right on schedule with where they need to be.

# 166 Factzzz @ 02/05/16 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Thanks for the replay Russell I really appreciate that.

I will definitely tune in to the Presentation stream on the 25th and hopefully there will be some nice surprises in store
Presentation has remained largely unchanged the last few years, hopefully this year is different, in terms of overlays, cutaways, in game camera cuts, etc. But i wouldn't get my hopes up, based on what we've seen so far.

The first few years on next gen, they've spent a lot of time on stadiums and lighting, and have done an extremely good job on those two areas, but hopefully going forward, as in next year, the focus switches to player models and presentation.

Because people are always going to make statements like this game looks like an "updated ps3 version" or something along those lines, until the player models and presentation are updated.

# 167 JDiaz1 @ 02/05/16 02:54 PM
Extremely happy that the players will now be wearing their teams uniform in the edit player screen. This will make editing equipment so much easier, as well as give the player screens a much better look overall.

# 168 NewNapkin @ 02/05/16 03:05 PM
Curious to see if the RTTS difficulty "modifier" mechanism is still in place, where the perceived difficulty changes based on what level in the organization your player is playing in (i.e. all-star setting, you'd be playing on veteran in AA and Hall of Fame in the MLB). Never really understood the reasoning for it, and a lot of people don't even know it's there.

# 169 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/05/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1
Extremely happy that the players will now be wearing their teams uniform in the edit player screen. This will make editing equipment so much easier, as well as give the player screens a much better look overall.
This was the best news of the stream for me, as I don't play RTTS at all. This will make editing teams like the Indians, and Braves. Who I could never remember which was TC1 and TC2 so much easier.

# 170 Stolm @ 02/05/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
Curious to see if the RTTS difficulty "modifier" mechanism is still in place, where the perceived difficulty changes based on what level in the organization your player is playing in (i.e. all-star setting, you'd be playing on veteran in AA and Hall of Fame in the MLB). Never really understood the reasoning for it, and a lot of people don't even know it's there.
I'm sure it's still in, but really hoping it's not.

I don't like having to raise the difficulty level to simulate realistic pitching when playing in the minors. I find when hitting in AA on All-Star pitchers throwing 90% strikes and will never walk, when we should be seeing quite a few more pitchers with control issues missing the zone.

# 171 JDiaz1 @ 02/05/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
This was the best news of the stream for me, as I don't play RTTS at all. This will make editing teams like the Indians, and Braves. Who I could never remember which was TC1 and TC2 so much easier.
I'm with you on this one. I generally only play franchise, and I am a perfectionist when it comes to the players equipment.

# 172 ScouserHUN @ 02/05/16 03:40 PM
Please everybody! Let's call him Ramone! Russell is his family name

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N910C-el

# 173 myghty @ 02/05/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Here's a little nugget of knowledge the builds are always in a state like this less than two months to ship. The public just has no idea it is because we haven't been streaming pre-release code for the last 10 year's.

Your getting a behind scenes look at how crazy things are in development at crunch time. It's always been that way you just never knew about it. Because all game development studios are very selective in the assets that get released. Hence why the PSX teaser had no Royals in it even though they won the world series. It's no accident.
Meaning that they all moved into the studio & are working on the game 24/7 for the next 2 months. Living on Twinkies & Hohos & only taking bathroom breaks.

# 174 catswithbats @ 02/05/16 03:46 PM
Im excited by those catcher animations.

# 175 dran1984 @ 02/05/16 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Meaning that they all moved into the studio & are working on the game 24/7 for the next 2 months. Living on Twinkies & Hohos & only taking bathroom breaks.
Very unhealthy choices lol

# 176 Knight165 @ 02/05/16 03:53 PM
They still make Twinkies?

M.K.
Knight165

# 177 redsox4evur @ 02/05/16 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
Yes...they do.

# 178 dran1984 @ 02/05/16 03:56 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
A couple years ago they stopped making them, but due to public outcry they were brought back lol

# 179 Knight165 @ 02/05/16 04:00 PM
Yikes!..

Don't eat those things boys.....(and girls)...they'll kill you!

M.K.
Knight165

# 180 myghty @ 02/05/16 04:02 PM
Quote:
Yikes!..

Don't eat those things boys.....(and girls)...they'll kill you!

M.K.
Knight165
But...but..... they keep me awake for days!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.