Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA has released another EA Sports UFC 2 trailer. This one goes over the game modes, including the all-new KO Mode, Practice Mode, Live Events and Custom Event Creator.

EA Sports UFC 2 ships on March 15 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 danzy678 @ 02/24/16 06:52 PM
So happy that event mode is in the game. With event mode being in I think I will get this day one

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

# 2 fballturkey @ 02/24/16 08:20 PM
Event mode looks pretty slick and has everything I was looking for. Live events should be fun too. KO mode I doubt I'll mess with much but I definitely see the appeal.

# 3 ApolloKids @ 02/24/16 08:48 PM
Seemingly DC does use Cain as a 'human punching bag to test out new moves'.

# 4 rafaelpaolo84 @ 02/24/16 10:33 PM
So KO mode is basically a straight up fighting game, with hit points ala health bars? Will stronger attacks cause more hits, or is it always 1 to 1? What about 1-hit KOs or flash KOs?

Anyway, great to see Event Mode finally making it in! Time to start prepping the spreadsheets! And yeah, Live Events look pretty fun too, for a nice change of pace every now and then.

# 5 aholbert32 @ 02/24/16 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
So KO mode is basically a straight up fighting game, with hit points ala health bars? Will stronger attacks cause more hits, or is it always 1 to 1? What about 1-hit KOs or flash KOs?

Anyway, great to see Event mode finally making it in! Time to start prepping the spreadsheets! And yeah, Live Events look pretty fun too, for a nice change of pace every now and then.
Always 1 to 1. No one hit KOs or Hlash Kos.

# 6 fballturkey @ 02/24/16 10:55 PM
Weak shots won't take any bars away though, from what I read on the other forum.

# 7 MAGboyswifT27 @ 02/24/16 10:57 PM
Can't wait!

# 8 aholbert32 @ 02/24/16 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Weak shots won't take any bars away though, from what I read on the other forum.
That is correct.

# 9 rafaelpaolo84 @ 02/24/16 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Always 1 to 1. No one hit KOs or Hlash Kos.
Ah I see where they're going with this now, thanks.

Again, really excited about Event Mode, but now I really wish that we could edit fighter stats and move sets. It would take the realism out a bit if we just kept on pitting static fighters against each other across multiple events, with no progression from the up-and-comers or regression from the older men and women.

Although, wasn't it also confirmed by EA that they will edit stats throughout the year/s to reflect real-life performance? That would at least keep things more interesting.

# 10 DaveDQ @ 02/25/16 11:24 AM
The KO mode is offline, correct? I'm surprised by that. I'm also really let down by no "fight card" for online. That is a no brainer to me.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 02/25/16 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The KO mode is offline, correct? I'm surprised by that. I'm also really let down by no "fight card" for online. That is a no brainer to me.
KO mode is offline only. I agree about online fight cards but its harder to implement than you would think. I'm hoping they will patch this in.

# 12 fballturkey @ 02/25/16 12:52 PM
You can use CAFs in both event and KO mode right? My wife would probably get a kick out of playing against a Rousey as the CAF I made of her when she's only got to hit her once.

# 13 aholbert32 @ 02/25/16 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
You can use CAFs in both event and KO mode right? My wife would probably get a kick out of playing against a Rousey as the CAF I made of her when she's only got to hit her once.

Yep. In both modes.

# 14 DaveDQ @ 02/26/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
KO mode is offline only. I agree about online fight cards but its harder to implement than you would think. I'm hoping they will patch this in.
I know this is stating the obvious, but EAMMA had fight cards as part of their online package and that game didn't hold the brand power of the UFC. Yet, they found a way to get it done. It's frustrating that this mode isn't available. Right now I feel like online goes so far but quickly dulls out.

# 15 aholbert32 @ 02/26/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I know this is stating the obvious, but EAMMA had fight cards as part of their online package and that game didn't hold the brand power of the UFC. Yet, they found a way to get it done. It's frustrating that this mode isn't available. Right now I feel like online goes so far but quickly dulls out.
EA MMA needed online fight cards to establish its game while competing with the UFC. The reason behind the decision is two fold: 1) The number of people that played online fight cards on EA MMA was low and 2) Its expensive to do.

With that said, people are asking for it to be added in a patch or in a future version.

# 16 JayBee74 @ 02/28/16 05:44 PM
Disappointed that KO mode is offline only, but I still might buy it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.