Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

If you missed the EA Sports UFC 2 Twitch stream last night, here is the archive, with plenty of gameplay to be seen. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 strawberryshortcake @ 03/05/16 11:45 AM
Ouch ... (the first 10 seconds didn't look good). After getting knocked down twice, the way the fighter got up (both times) in a lightning fast manner, almost to the point of teleporting back onto his feet was a little sad to see.

One must hope EA cleans that part up.

# 2 fishingtime @ 03/05/16 12:08 PM
This was the best launch stream ever! I wish they could have brought in the Game Changers to play it as well. I understand one was in Vegas, and the other was in Canada. However, a stream from there as well as Vegas would have been cool. Either way, they got me even more pumped for this!

# 3 RumbleCard @ 03/05/16 12:16 PM
I'm not sure about a day 1. It might take a few patches and updates before this game gets dialed in. Now I didn't watch the entire stream...and I get that it didn't seem like anyone knew how to defend but overall the fluidity of the player movement and transitions from feet to ground and back up looked awfully robotic and not very natural.

It was like they weren't in the ring together and the exchanges seemed a little too accurate. I'd like to see more strikes hit the tops of heads, shoulders or forearms...again with some defense this might have presented a little better. Hard to tell.

Its looking like stamina will need an adjustment.

User videos will probably decide for me how quickly I get the game.

# 4 Miller1121 @ 03/05/16 12:36 PM
I thought the stream was pretty good. I agree about it looking a little clunky, but it feels great and is a ton of fun to play so I think it'll work out.

# 5 davidbix @ 03/05/16 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
It was like they weren't in the ring together and the exchanges seemed a little too accurate. I'd like to see more strikes hit the tops of heads, shoulders or forearms...
There were plenty of connections like you're hoping for in the beta, at least to the top of the head. So I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Re: forearms...what do you mean? Blocked shots now slowly do arm damage to the blocking opponent.

Quote:
again with some defense this might have presented a little better. Hard to tell.

Its looking like stamina will need an adjustment.
This seemed like it mostly had to do with them always playing with the fighters, most of whom didn't know how the play. When fighters who DID know the game (Ben Rothwell had been playing at a demo booth for an hour and had seemingly played the first game a bunch), it went differently.

# 6 geisterhome @ 03/06/16 02:45 PM
Damn this is looking awful, was just getting into the idea of buying this game..

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

# 7 pdandy @ 03/06/16 03:06 PM
Everybody, other than Ben Rothwell and Hayes, spammed and had no idea how to manage stamina. Even DJ who played the Beta never learned. And note that Ben won against a spammer.

I wouldn't view this as a reflection of the game. I can make Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, NBA 2k, any game look horrible too. A smart player will win 99% of the time against a spammer.

# 8 DaveDQ @ 03/06/16 10:16 PM
This is a launch party with various UFC people that have zero experience with the game. You can't go making a purchase decision on this game with this feed. They are appealing to the masses here, trying to generate excitement.

I will say that the stamina looks to be improved. lol..I hope so.

# 9 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/06/16 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Everybody, other than Ben Rothwell and Hayes, spammed and had no idea how to manage stamina. Even DJ who played the Beta never learned. And note that Ben won against a spammer.

I wouldn't view this as a reflection of the game. I can make Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, NBA 2k, any game look horrible too. A smart player will win 99% of the time against a spammer.
To DJ's credit, he's probably not used to having to manage stamina as much in real fights lol.

"Smell it, smell it, taste it" from Joanna was quote of the stream.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.