Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 video, going over the 2 new modes coming to the game this year, Battle Royale and Conquest. Watch it and post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Kotter @ 03/08/16 12:21 AM
I thought "gone gold" meant more like the game is complete and ready to be manufactured. Not sure how long that process takes before they're actually ready to ship physical copies to retailers.

Could be wrong, though. Regardless like someone else said it doesn't make March 29th get here any sooner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 82 Dolenz @ 03/08/16 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
I thought "gone gold" meant more like the game is complete and ready to be manufactured. Not sure how long that process takes before they're actually ready to ship physical copies to retailers.

Could be wrong, though. Regardless like someone else said it doesn't make March 29th get here any sooner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think it means that the game has been sent out so the discs can be burned. It is not an indication that the game has shipped to anywhere.

# 83 ScouserHUN @ 03/08/16 01:51 AM
As for draft strategy the most important question is if we get a random pitcher every game, or not.

If it's random, you might draft Kershaw, but might never use him.

This is why I think the draft will be about pitchers. You need 5 solid starters to do well. You can't live with bronze starters in this game mode.

I think it's easier to hit with bronze players than pitch with bronze players.

You are going to get 1 Diamond, 2 Golds, 8 Silvers, 13 Bronzes and 1 Common.

So from the first 11 rounds you need 5 pitchers and you can get 6 position players.

This way you might end up with 5 silver or better pitchers and 6 silver or better position players. Due to the pitcher hitting 9th, you'll only have 2 bronze players in the lineup. You might even have a lucky day and have those Bronzes go up thanks to Inside Edge.

Thoughts?

You'll Never Walk Alone!

# 84 elfdutch @ 03/08/16 03:13 AM
Well, not my cup of tea at all but as somebody already said : good that these modes are in for the ppl who want them.

Am i wrong in thinking that it's more appreciated by the younger crowd?
I'm 46 and love playing this game mostly in franchise or exhibition games.
I lack the time to draft and build teams so even in franchise mode i set everything to auto and just play my games.

But i remember having all the time in the world so can imagine a lot of people having a blast with these modes.

It's what i like best about SDS : they try to come up with more modes each time to keep different kinds of players happy. That's a great thing.

# 85 Dolenz @ 03/08/16 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfdutch

I lack the time to draft and build teams so even in franchise mode i set everything to auto and just play my games.
Yes. I think you are wrong. I am 51 and looking forward to Conquest. RTTS is my most played mode. I am not an online guy though so Battle Royale interests me less.

I remember the earlier thread about the RTTS video where a franchise guy said the mode was meant for kids and several 40 something and above players chimed in there.

For franchise, when I really get an inkling to try it, I fire up Out Of The Park.

# 86 letsgomets75 @ 03/08/16 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
As for draft strategy the most important question is if we get a random pitcher every game, or not.

If it's random, you might draft Kershaw, but might never use him.

This is why I think the draft will be about pitchers. You need 5 solid starters to do well. You can't live with bronze starters in this game mode.

I think it's easier to hit with bronze players than pitch with bronze players.

You are going to get 1 Diamond, 2 Golds, 8 Silvers, 13 Bronzes and 1 Common.

So from the first 11 rounds you need 5 pitchers and you can get 6 position players.

This way you might end up with 5 silver or better pitchers and 6 silver or better position players. Due to the pitcher hitting 9th, you'll only have 2 bronze players in the lineup. You might even have a lucky day and have those Bronzes go up thanks to Inside Edge.

Thoughts?

You'll Never Walk Alone!
I think that would be the way to go but I'm not sure it will always be possible. So as you said, your first 11 picks will be silver or better, then it looks like with each pick, you pick from 4 players. Maybe you only get 4 chances at taking a SP. Maybe you still need a SS,3B and C in your lineup and none of them pop up and you have to take a backup at a position you have already with your last silver pick. Obviously you can fill in with bronzes, but I'm not sure having 11 silvers with 5 SP and 6 position players will always work out. Should be very interesting and should take some getting used to.

# 87 ScouserHUN @ 03/08/16 09:22 AM
Confirmed: 1500 Stubbs / run in Battle Royale. However, your first entry is free.

Every run, you are guaranteed to get a card pack. This means, that for an extra 500 you have a chance to win other cards. Better than buying card packs.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

# 88 ukas @ 03/08/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
Damn, nice catch! It really does seem near identical!

I never played Sony's NBA games, but its cool to see they are taking pieces from their old licensed games to help build MLB The Show up even more!
Actually, it's exactly like the board game Risk which has been around forever. Instead of dice rolls to decide the outcome, now you play three innings of baseball. And if the games can last as long as a game of Risk, then three innings is plenty.

# 89 Dynasty Legend 99 @ 03/08/16 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Confirmed: 1500 Stubbs / run in Battle Royale. However, your first entry is free.

Every run, you are guaranteed to get a card pack. This means, that for an extra 500 you have a chance to win other cards. Better than buying card packs.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

This is like an exact copy of FUT Draft, except I find this version much more appealing.

# 90 myghty @ 03/08/16 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfdutch
Well, not my cup of tea at all but as somebody already said : good that these modes are in for the ppl who want them.

But i remember having all the time in the world so can imagine a lot of people having a blast with these modes.

It's what i like best about SDS : they try to come up with more modes each time to keep different kinds of players happy. That's a great thing.
If 38 falls under the younger crowd, then yes. I used to play Franchise mode only but when they introduced DD, that was my go to game mode so yeah, i'm pretty excited for these modes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.