Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.05 and content update #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 2 new fighters, Patrick Cote and Louis Smolka, as well as updates to UFC Ultimate Team and improvements to gameplay.

While Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, gave us plenty of details before the patch released today, full details can be seen below.

GAME MODE UPDATES
All-New Item Exchange: A brand new way for you to get more powerful items in UFC Ultimate Team. Exchange five (5) items in your Collection for a brand new random item that is a level higher. Exchange better items for a higher chance of getting rare fighter showcase moves items.
  • Added the ability to edit a created fighter's appearance at any time in Ultimate Team and Career Mode.
  • Added the display of the winning move, the player’s best move and the opponent’s best move after an Ultimate Team fight in the post-fight menu.
  • Added the ability to view more details about the fighters in Live Event fights.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Strike Intercept: Strikes landed within the opponent’s initial wind up phase of a strike will halt them from completing their strike.
  • Stockton Slap – 209 move added.
  • If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.
  • Reduced speed of clinch attempts.
  • Improved AI logic for submissions and game plans.
  • Elbows and Punches in Muay Thai Clinch cannot intercept transition attempts.
  • Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage.
  • Bottom fighter is given Grapple Advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side.
  • Increased grapple advantage is given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
  • Made the bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side uninterruptible by strikes
  • In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage, making escapes easier the longer they are held in that position.
  • Tuned damage on uppercut combos.
  • Clinch and Takedown attempts punish more when denied.
  • Updated Attribute/Perks/Moves for various fighters.
Source - EA Sports

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RyanLaFalce @ 04/17/16 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I haven't faced any bums from OS online yet. Stop making me work so hard.

I might be able to take you to a 5 round decision.

# 102 Thetruth9012 @ 04/17/16 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I haven't faced any bums from OS online yet. Stop making me work so hard.
We found earlier i had different psn Thetruth9012

# 103 SUGATA @ 04/20/16 04:31 PM
I am new on OS, and i dont know why i ca not to create a thread...

SIDE STEPS & DODGES are broken (3 issues) + How to fix it!
Issues:
Moving:
- with Block is 50% slower and 50% slower Stamina recovery

Dodges in all 4 directions:
- with Block 50% slower Stamina recovery but no differences in Speed/Range, not shorter with Block (1st ISSUE).

Advanced Side step (L1 + up/down):
- up/down: cost more Stamina but has more range and speed
- fwd/bwd: ALSO cost more Stamina (!) but has the same range and speed (2nd ISSUE)

Advanced Side step with Block:
- up/down: cost LESS Stamina in result and has the same range and speed like Advanced Side step w/o Block + active Block (3nd ISSUE the most abusive).

4th ISSUE:
as i see:
Moving - holding LS:
- low stamina = no effect on speed
- damaged legs (1 or 2) = slower speed
Dodges/L1 Side step:
- low stamina = slower speed and range
- damaged legs (1 or 2) = no effect on speed and range
This is bug or a feature??
IF low Stamina: use Moving, not Dodges/Side step.
IF damaged Legs: use Dodges/Side step, not Moving.

How to fix:
Active Block - ALWAYS slow down stamina recovery (also for Advanced side step w block)
Active block - ALWAYS decrease/slow down range and speed (also for all 4 dodges and Advanced Side step)
Advanced FWD/BWD Dodge (L1) must to have more range and/or speed because it costs more Stamina.
4th issue fix - make egual between Moving and Dodge/Side step - low stamina/damaged legs = slower/shorter Moving/dodges/side steps.

Video illustration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgK-CkNmIuU

Tell me how to insert youtube on this forum please.

# 104 aholbert32 @ 04/20/16 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I am new on OS, and i dont know why i ca not to create a thread...

Issues:
Moving:
- with Block is 50% slower and 50% slower Stamina recovery

Dodges in all 4 directions:
- with Block 50% slower Stamina recovery but no differences in Speed/Range, not shorter with Block (1st ISSUE).

Advanced Side step (L1 + up/down):
- up/down: cost more Stamina but has more range and speed
- fwd/bwd: ALSO cost more Stamina (!) but has the same range and speed (2nd ISSUE)

Advanced Side step with Block:
- up/down: cost LESS Stamina in result and has the same range and speed like Advanced Side step w/o Block + active Block (3nd ISSUE the most abusive).

4th ISSUE:
as i see:
Moving - holding LS:
- low stamina = no effect on speed
- damaged legs (1 or 2) = slower speed
Dodges/L1 Side step:
- low stamina = slower speed and range
- damaged legs (1 or 2) = no effect on speed and range
This is bug or a feature??
IF low Stamina: use Moving, not Dodges/Side step.
IF damaged Legs: use Dodges/Side step, not Moving.

How to fix:
Active Block - ALWAYS slow down stamina recovery (also for Advanced side step w block)
Active block - ALWAYS decrease/slow down range and speed (also for all 4 dodges and Advanced Side step)
Advanced FWD/BWD Dodge (L1) must to have more range and/or speed because it costs more Stamina.
4th issue fix - make egual between Moving and Dodge/Side step - low stamina/damaged legs = slower/shorter Moving/dodges/side steps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgK-CkNmIuU[/youtube]
You have to have a certain number of posts before you can create a thred. This is part of OS's defense against bots.

# 105 SUGATA @ 04/20/16 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You have to have a certain number of posts before you can create a thred. This is part of OS's defense against bots.
ok i see, thanks

# 106 SUGATA @ 04/20/16 04:40 PM
- If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.

What does it mean? i dont see this at all.

Opponent is performing a strike > I failed with Parry timing (perform it earlier or later) and keep holding Block button (R1 or R2) > my Block activated automatically w/o delay and i do not need to re-press it.

What does devs means?

It means if you mistime a parry, your block goes down and you have to press the block button again.

Before, it would auto go back up

yes, i understood it the same but this is not working as described in the game, Block is not cancelled after mistimed parry, just try it with 2 controllers.

# 107 Thetruth9012 @ 04/20/16 04:45 PM
Quote:
- If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.

What does it mean? i dont see this at all.

Opponent is performing a strike > I failed with Parry timing (perform it earlier or later) and keep holding Block button (R1 or R2) > my Block activated automatically w/o delay and i do not need to re-press it.

What does devs means?

It means if you mistime a parry, your block goes down and you have to press the block button again.

Before, it would auto go back up

yes, i understood it the same but this is not working as described in the game, Block is not cancelled after mistimed parry, just try it with 2 controllers.
It works for sure in ranked (parry guys are punching bags now )

# 108 SUGATA @ 04/20/16 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
It works for sure in ranked (parry guys are punching bags now )
i dont think so.
no block off after mistimed parry, i tested it in practice with 2 controllers.

Parry is much harder and better now in UFC 2, not all knows its details.

PARRY:
Stamina cost: very small, constant cost (not depends on success, quantity in a row).
Parry success depends on Denial window (wider = easier to parry), which depends on:
- Defenseman has more Stamina than Attacker > easier to Parry him
- Every next Parry in a row has shorter Denial window > harder to Parry him (optimal to make max 2-3 Parries in a row)
- Limb’s health (red) does NOT effect on Denial window > no effect on Parry.
IF I have much more Stamina than opponent – use Parry
IF I have the same Stamina or less a bit than opponent – use Sway
IF I have low Stamina – use Block > Parry; do not use Sway.
(holding or press just before face button)R1 + (click, not holding) face button - High parry
(holding or press just before face button)R2 + (click, not holding)face button - Low parry
Do not holding face button - after Parry, will not regain Block
Do not tapping face button - after Parry, will count like holding and will not regain Block and drain Stamina
Do not try to Parry many times in a row – every next Parry will have shorter input window and harder to success (2-3 Parry in a row is maximum).

# 109 Morgan Monkman @ 04/20/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
i dont think so.
no block off after mistimed parry, i tested it in practice with 2 controllers.

Parry is much harder and better now in UFC 2, not all knows its details.

PARRY:
Stamina cost: very small, constant cost (not depends on success, quantity in a row).
Parry success depends on Denial window (wider = easier to parry), which depends on:
- Defenseman has more Stamina than Attacker > easier to Parry him
- Every next Parry in a row has shorter Denial window > harder to Parry him (optimal to make max 2-3 Parries in a row)
- Limb’s health (red) does NOT effect on Denial window > no effect on Parry.
IF I have much more Stamina than opponent – use Parry
IF I have the same Stamina or less a bit than opponent – use Sway
IF I have low Stamina – use Block > Parry; do not use Sway.
(holding or press just before face button)R1 + (click, not holding) face button - High parry
(holding or press just before face button)R2 + (click, not holding)face button - Low parry
Do not holding face button - after Parry, will not regain Block
Do not tapping face button - after Parry, will count like holding and will not regain Block and drain Stamina
Do not try to Parry many times in a row – every next Parry will have shorter input window and harder to success (2-3 Parry in a row is maximum).
My block does go down off a missed parry, i read that some people may have gotten the fix and others did not. is that true?

# 110 bmlimo @ 04/21/16 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
My block does go down off a missed parry, i read that some people may have gotten the fix and others did not. is that true?
Well, my last fights were just about parry spammers, they're back in the game again the had found a way to don't get punished in the guard window... gpd should nerf it all since guys don't undestand the real use of the parry and just exploit it

# 111 Giorgos78 @ 04/24/16 12:58 AM
Any body know when and what the next patch fixes?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.