Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 is available now, check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing!
  • FLS traffic reduced and signaling fixes. This should resolve the “Challenge Failed” issue encountered when connecting to any Head to Head Online game mode.
  • Play VS CPU (in Diamond Dynasty) had some pitcher energy issues. Entering conquest mode (3 inning games), then backing out, would negatively affect all Pitchers energy when returning back to Play vs CPU in Diamond Dynasty mode. This is now fixed.
  • Entitlement pending popup fix on boot up. For new users (with entitlements) or for users who purchase on the website. When those users logged in, they were not being alerted that they had entitlements pending. This is now fixed and users will be prompted upon boot up to redeem these products.
  • Within Diamond Dynasty, the PA Announcer would often say the user's location audio as opposed to the opponent who is up to bat. This is now fixed.
  • Within Franchise mode, the title could crash when attempting to navigate the Schedule during the Offseason with a Year-to-Year save file. The game could crash trying to access pitcher stats in the offseason. We added a check to prevent updating the pitcher data during the offseason. This issue is now resolved.
  • We've removed the reward popup from screen flow to speed up services. We still show it on login and when returning from game so this should have no issues
  • The game would crash in defensive positioning quick screen during online head to head games. This is now resolved.
  • Card Rewards in DD had misnamed animations in the post-game reward screen, causing the wrong cards to disappear, which caused user to think he was getting a different card in some situations. This has been fixed.
  • Within Season/Franchise mode, all games on the schedule were said to be starting at 1 PM. This UI visual but has been fixed.
  • Within Conquest mode and Diamond Dynasty-Play vs CPU, there was a crash in the pause menu within the Advanced Pitching options.
  • The Ball Trail was stuck on at all times in RTTS modes, no matter what the option was set to. This should now be fixed.
  • Within Season/Franchise, when progressing with a Year to Year save, the game could crash during the offseason while scrolling through particular parts of the menu. This is now fixed.
  • During online games, if the batter called a timeout (or practice swung) at the same time the pitcher was attempting to pitch, the game would occasionally freeze, and neither user could progress or use their pause menu. One user would have to quit the application. This is now believed to be fixed.
  • Fix for online entry options getting reset before going into an online game. Retractable roofs would not close, night and day, weather options, and month of the year would function. This is now fixed.
  • Sounds of the Show could crash within its menus, if you had certain music files with large amounts of metadata. Rare enough but could affect a number of users. This is now fixed.
  • Please refrain from using Perks as a RTTS pitcher as it will cause the game to crash for the time being. We have a fix and it will be included in our next update.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tyler28 @ 04/16/16 11:08 PM
Dynamic difficulty doesnt progress in rtts mode

# 62 knich @ 04/16/16 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
You could always try assisted/manual baserunning.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmascarello
Your entitled to your opinion obviously. But if you dont like the logic with autobaserunning, why dont you just run the bases manually? Its not that diffcult.

I just dont get how that would deem the game "broken". But to each his own, I guess.
To say the game is broken is an overstatement. But without autobaserunning, it definitely takes significantly away from the enjoyment of the game because it is not functioning properly. That said, I fully expect that this SCEA will fix it in the next patch. I have tried manual baserunning and it is very difficult. For those of you who are used to using it, it is not. But for those of us who haved used now for many years autobaserunning, it is a major change. In addition, the reason many like auto baserunning is because we prefer more of a sim feel. We want some control over the outcome, but not too much.

# 63 Kalon @ 04/17/16 12:07 AM
even with ABR on i can still control my runners, whats wrong with running manually...Auto ANYTHING means you rely on the AI.

# 64 Zinger @ 04/17/16 12:38 AM
As others have said, I use ABR because it's how I get most fun from the game. If I was using manual or assisted I would make silly mistakes and all feelings of realism would be lost. I've been using it without a problem for years. Why should I have to change?

Re those who have said that a buggy ABR is not a game breaker, of course it is! Yesterday I tried one more go at it. I was trailing 1-2 in the 7th and got my first batter on base with a single. Next batter hits a grounder wide of CF and moves to 1st - where he joins the batter already on base who refuses to advance! So I end up with one man on first with one out instead of men on 1st and 2nd with no outs. My rally fizzled out from there. The whole aim at bat is to get as many men on base as possible but this bug now has me feeling worried whenever I get baserunners because of the potential for disaster. I almost don't want baserunners. Totally ruins the gaming experience.

I must say I am puzzled by those who say they use ABR and have no problems. I know the bug is not caused by manually overriding ABR to steal or by accidentally hitting L1 or R1 because I have been playing making sure I don't do either. I wonder if it is anything to do with the mode we play. I always play offline season mode and that is where I have been having problems. I played 3 exhibition games before starting my season and had no problems. Since starting my season (all 3 games of it) I have been getting ABR glitches 2 or 3 times a game, seemingly at random. Puzzling, but anyway I have confidence that SCEA will patch the problem in due course and I will try to wait patiently in the meantime.

# 65 Chisoxfan14 @ 04/17/16 12:41 AM
Zinger and Knich those are my exact thoughts. Glad to have kindred spirits about this and not 'just use manual baserunning already!' Comments. Hopefully it is fixed soon. I need it to work correctly to enjoy the game.

# 66 Smallville102001 @ 04/17/16 12:44 AM
Just have to say I am surprised that this patch did like nothing gameplay wise. Sports games tend to get 3-4 patches. The first tend to be day 1 and we don't really know what they do. Then we tend to get a 2nd patch not long after that is mostly online. Then 3 and 4th patches that are more for the offline modes and game play. This is the 3erd patch this year and it was more like a 2nd patch in that it did very little. Oh well I guess the game is already amazing.

# 67 yungkingston @ 04/17/16 12:49 AM
Sounds of the show was making my game hard freeze like crazy!...Now it's fixed!...Thank you...peace.

Edit: Well spoke too soon...after I restarted the game, sounds of the show still hard freezes my game every time I try to change the track...smh...peace.

# 68 statum71 @ 04/17/16 12:57 AM
Did it stop saying "first Major League Home Run" for well known long time veterans?

# 69 knich @ 04/17/16 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalon
even with ABR on i can still control my runners, whats wrong with running manually...Auto ANYTHING means you rely on the AI.
Please read my post. We want to rely on the AI, but we also want to have some control over the runners when we like. But that does not mean that we want to control when the runner on first base on a hit goes from 1st to 2nd. We might just want to Control when the runner steals. Right now, if there is a runner on first and there is a hit that's towards the runner on first, the runner stops midway between first and second base. Unless you are prepared to advance that runner, that runner will get called out. For those of us who do not play with manual baserunning, it gets even trickier when you have runners on multiple bases and you need to advance a single runner. This has always been available to us in prior versions. I'm not sure why there is a dispute about this. It's been part of the game for years. It just needs to be fixed.

# 70 HustlinOwl @ 04/17/16 01:12 AM
Smh what kind of testing is done over there if any? HBP blue screen from two years ago is back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 71 p00p1 @ 04/17/16 01:44 AM
Blah, misread the patch notes. I thought they added the option to remove the ball halo on defense...

I hate the red highlight around the ball, I always misjudge it. It's why I don't get pitch type when hitting.

# 72 HozAndMoose @ 04/17/16 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Just have to say I am surprised that this patch did like nothing gameplay wise. Sports games tend to get 3-4 patches. The first tend to be day 1 and we don't really know what they do. Then we tend to get a 2nd patch not long after that is mostly online. Then 3 and 4th patches that are more for the offline modes and game play. This is the 3erd patch this year and it was more like a 2nd patch in that it did very little. Oh well I guess the game is already amazing.
3rd patch didnt come out till May 13th last year. So we have it a month early this year. The next patch will take care of the gameplay stuff.

# 73 torpidbeaver @ 04/17/16 02:13 AM
Quote:
During online games, if the batter called a timeout (or practice swung) at the same time the pitcher was attempting to pitch, the game would occasionally freeze, and neither user could progress or use their pause menu. One user would have to quit the application. This is now believed to be fixed.
It isn't fixed. Just lost a game on this exact circumstance. Friend was trying to hurry his pitches, I tried to call timeout to get a reliever ready, game froze up.

# 74 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 04/17/16 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
3rd patch didnt come out till May 13th last year. So we have it a month early this year. The next patch will take care of the gameplay stuff.
Four patches?? If that doesn't say the game isn't complete then I don't know what does. It's becoming more evident every year that these games should not be on yearly cycle but more so on a two year cycle. I understand the business aspect but I don't agree because it's nothing more then pure greed.

# 75 Smallville102001 @ 04/17/16 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose

Year but we have gotten 3 patches and not much has been fixed and most likely we only have 1 patch left.

# 76 HozAndMoose @ 04/17/16 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Year but we have gotten 3 patches and not much has been fixed and most likely we only have 1 patch left.
Not sure why you think there will only be 1 more patch. There were 5 last year. And this isnt a 3rd party dev that has to pay for patches (they would just be paying them selves). Im sure SDS can make as many patches as they feel necessary. Hell even madden has had 9 patches this round.

# 77 bkrich83 @ 04/17/16 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxfan14
To continue his analogy I guess you guys are the ones who have the beat up cars that are still running, they still get you from point A to B. We're the ones sitting here without a wheel being told to walk. We each play the game differently, for me without auto baserunning working it's a broken car.
What's the issue with auto baserunning? I have been using it without problem since release.

# 78 bcruise @ 04/17/16 02:31 AM
10 games of DD started today, not a single challenge failed.

It might well still happen once in a while, but it's no longer preventing me from playing - that's for certain.

# 79 p00p1 @ 04/17/16 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What's the issue with auto baserunning? I have been using it without problem since release.
Try a hit and run. Calling for a steal or leading off will cancel auto baserunning.

# 80 Madden's Jowels @ 04/17/16 04:06 AM
So the year to year transfer for RTTS wasn't fixed? Jeez...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.