Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports has released their all-new NHL 17 Vision trailer, an inside look at the development of NHL 17.

The video includes a look at the customization options, celebrations, net battles and goalie animations, as well as the addition of the World Cup of Hockey.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BJNT @ 04/28/16 05:31 PM
Looks like my hometown of Houston, TX will get a team.

# 62 onlybygrace @ 04/28/16 10:43 PM
So...uh...do like...the players season goal totals show when they score, or what, man?

For real, though. Lol

# 63 bwiggy33 @ 04/29/16 02:51 AM
I won't lie, this is the first time since NHL 11 I have some hope and a little hype. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done, and deciding on buying or not from there.

# 64 Money99 @ 04/29/16 08:25 AM
Major props to EA for releasing something of substance on their first reveal.
Great stuff and definitely something aimed towards the serious hockey fan. Offline fans, no less.

# 65 Rifle_Man81 @ 04/29/16 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack72
Yes all seems so wonderful
Like when your grandparents promise they are going to get you the greatest gifts for your birthday.
The big day comes,,,,
You get so excited,,,,,
When you open the presents, it's underwear and socks.
Lieutenant Dan would have appreciated that. The return of customization is something to be excited about. I'll assume the logos will be generic, (Instead of upload or logo creator) and the arena type somewhat limited, but more important to me is it's implementation across all related modes so EASHL, GM, and HUT players can take advantage.

# 66 T5063 @ 04/29/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
So...uh...do like...the players season goal totals show when they score, or what, man?

For real, though. Lol

This or bust.

# 67 krildog @ 04/29/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Who the heck wants to relocate their favorite team out of the city that they play in?
Some of us might want to bring back the Whale. Or the Nordiques. I'm a fan of neither but want to do both.

# 68 jake19ny @ 04/29/16 05:47 PM
Quote:
Im confused as to what exactly is improved in this game so far?

Who the heck wants to relocate their favorite team out of the city that they play in? Come on EA, give us something we actually care about

Like I dont know, better crowd atmosphere, ability to switch to specific players instead of its idiotic system choosing for us, CPU teammates not floating around staring off into the stands while youre trying to back check and play defense.

How about do something to fix the game play for once
I would say that the comment they made about improving the gameplay in all three zones is gameplay related in fact the neutral zone play is by far the worst of the three zone play in this game so that alone IF done right would be enormous for gameplay. Net battles, again if done right will be big also.

As far as atmosphere goes. I think EA took a big step last year with authentic arenas and what not so there's reason to believe they will continue to work on that. I think adding more and better stay overlays and fixing the goal totals not showing up is a must

# 69 extremeskins04 @ 04/29/16 05:52 PM
If they told me that they have revamped the scouting and player progression process then I would be extremely excited.

# 70 Simple Mathematics @ 04/30/16 10:01 AM
Quote:
As I said,

Yes all seems so wonderful

The big day comes,,,,
You get so excited,,,,,
When you open the presents, it's underwear and socks.
We get it.

How about we give them a chance at least. This was the first info released about the game and it actually had substance behind it - a big step up from the past.

# 71 billman29 @ 04/30/16 12:15 PM
Hoping that if these sweaters don't make it into the game again (which would be terribly disappointing considering both were worn at different points during the 2015/2016 season), the customization options in the game are similar enough to NBA 2K16's uniform creation/logo uploading tools so it'll be possible to recreate them.

# 72 kyussmanchu @ 05/01/16 07:14 PM
Yes! My precious hartford eagles shall return! This makes me happy, which is saying a lot for this franchise of late.

# 73 Simple Mathematics @ 05/01/16 10:08 PM
Quote:
You're right. Lets all forget the EA pre-release promise of improvements and hype followed by the disappointment and bugs that was in the final product in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.

I'm sure this year will be different.
Perhaps I can interest you in a time-share beach front condo in Arizona.
Can't you be constructive at all? Instead of saying that the game has sucked since 1995, can't you give suggestions or ideas instead? If you haven't liked the product since 1995, maybe it's time to give up.

# 74 Freakywwe @ 05/01/16 11:05 PM
Quote:

Who the heck wants to relocate their favorite team out of the city that they play in? Come on EA, give us something we actually care about
It'll be the first thing I'll be doing when the game comes out

# 75 actionhank @ 05/02/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
You bring up an interesting topic.
Will tie-ups work the same as the board pinning? I don't want suction, and I sure as heck want size and attributes to play a role.
It would really help to distinguish the large power forwards in the league.
It would be great if it worked the way it does in real life. Guys get angled towards the boards, and then the opposing player has to be able to stop their momentum and push them to the boards. They don't just skate in next to them and magically suction cup them to the boards.

Similarly, you'll see forwards chip the puck ahead, and then try to skate by defenders, who them skate over to try to slow them down, without hitting them so they don't get called for interference.

There are so many little things that could make boardplay not only fun, but useful. As it stands now, you take yourself out of the play more than you hurt the AI's ability to create a scoring chance, because they have laser precision with the skate passing. What's frustrating is that when you're pinned to the boards, no one really knows what to do.

It would be nice to see an organic type of boardplay, where players can come and join in the fray and everyone starts digging for it. Or, when you are in the 1-on-1 situations, as a defender you can do something like hold RB and use the right-stick to try and dig at the puck, while holding the left-stick in the direction of the player, and maybe double-tapping it to kind of shove them. Too much use of the right-stick, or abusing the double-tapping of the left stick can lead to a penalty. But, if you're a smaller player (like a Shattenkirk) pinning a bigger player (Thornton) and you just kind of skate over, try to hold him, but don't apply any pressure, he'll be more able to kick the puck to his skate, shove you aside, and make a straight skate to the open slot, where your defender is now forced to cover the pass and the oncoming shooter.

# 76 redsox4evur @ 05/02/16 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcore
hell yeah!!!!!!!! custom music a la mlb the show
Good luck...the SCEA development created the coding for that themselves and I doubt they will be telling other development teams what exactly they did to do it.

# 77 KidShowtime @ 05/02/16 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Good luck...the SCEA development created the coding for that themselves and I doubt they will be telling other development teams what exactly they did to do it.
I really wish EA would adopt a similar approach.

Watching this tutorial for MLB16 the Show.. their custom music feature includes editing MP3's as well.. which would be awesome.

# 78 redsox4evur @ 05/02/16 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidShowtime
I really wish EA would adopt a similar approach.

Watching this tutorial for MLB16 the Show.. their custom music feature includes editing MP3's as well.. which would be awesome.
Oh yea I have used it before. I just don't know how feasible it is going to be for any company to get the SCEA to say exactly what they did with the code so that it can be used in games not made by SCEA. I wish it could happen because I love being able to listen to my own music while in the menus.

# 79 KidShowtime @ 05/02/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Oh yea I have used it before. I just don't know how feasible it is going to be for any company to get the SCEA to say exactly what they did with the code so that it can be used in games not made by SCEA. I wish it could happen because I love being able to listen to my own music while in the menus.
Just lookin at it quickly, I assume they're simply importing MP3's from an external drive to the game's provisioned storage on the console itself.

It's a very simple concept... something I'm sure the NHL guys are aware of. The big feature that's likely the most proprietary is the Music Editor itself, which I'm not sure is THAT important - with the community that's here doing much of the editing themselves prior to import.

# 80 actionhank @ 05/03/16 09:26 AM
Quote:
I don't think they need to get code from SCEA. They've got their own talented team of programmers, and I believe had custom music on the PS3. It's just a matter of EA slowly adding back in things they had before the NHL15 disaster, and then improving on the decent foundation they made in NHL16.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.