Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 16 patch 1.05 is available now, weighing in at 42 MB. No details are available yet, but let us know what you are seeing.

When the patch notes arrive, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Patch notes are here.
  • Addressed issues with Cloud saves introduced in patch 1.04. All Cloud Saves should now work properly.
  • Fixed classic base running, affected by patch 1.04.
  • Online Action shot/card downloading now fixed.
  • Weather in RTTS now updates correctly with Advance Day.
  • Addressed an issue with lead off runners in online game-play. The batting team should now see their base runners leading off when they press L1.
  • Fixed some issues with "L2 + base icon" to control the runner in RTTS.
  • Off season free agent logic was not estimating budget room correctly because it was not accounting for staff salary. This caused teams to inaccurately set the max salary they could offer. This should now be fixed.
  • Fixed issue where the xp earned in game was showing instead of the amount of stubs earned in game when returning to the front-end menu. This created a lot of confusion with users assuming they weren't earning stubs. Stubs earned are now being shown instead of XP.
  • Fixed game settings not getting reset when exiting conquest and playing Extra Innings games. Extra Innings games should now be 9 innings in all cases, as intended.
  • The calendar start times in Show Live should now display accurately.
  • Challenge friends in online games should now apply all correct settings.
  • Fixed a Sounds of the Show crash when attempting to delete music files after trying to import 520+ files.
  • Various other bug fixes.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 NJ2NC @ 05/16/16 04:59 PM
Wow. After the patch all of my players are angry. The starters are showing as bullpen. Example: Chris Archer is my number 1 starter and his expectation is Ace, but the status is Bullpen. How can this be corrected? Anyone else having this issue?

# 62 Armor and Sword @ 05/16/16 05:01 PM
I have not had a chance to play but can anyone tell us if check swing appeals ate being called for strikes at all post patch?

# 63 Stolm @ 05/16/16 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2NC
Wow. After the patch all of my players are angry. The starters are showing as bullpen. Example: Chris Archer is my number 1 starter and his expectation is Ace, but the status is Bullpen. How can this be corrected? Anyone else having this issue?
It's a known glitch, sometimes it just corrects itself. Might be some kind of server connection issue.

Try playing offline and see if it fixes it.

# 64 countryboy @ 05/16/16 05:12 PM
Quote:
That happened prior to the patch. It will fix itself.

# 65 NJ2NC @ 05/16/16 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
That happened prior to the patch. It will fix itself.
Thanks for your response. You made my day!

# 66 countryboy @ 05/16/16 05:18 PM
Quote:
Thanks for your response. You made my day!
You're welcome. I don't know why it happens but it does.

# 67 StormsWarning @ 05/16/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have not had a chance to play but can anyone tell us if check swing appeals ate being called for strikes at all post patch?
Yeah this is a big concern for me as well, i was seeing this alot with 1.04 hope they fixed it?

# 68 lukepdx @ 05/16/16 05:23 PM
Auto baserunning- Classic and Default- is STILL broken.

What a joke.

# 69 SoxFan01605 @ 05/16/16 05:37 PM
Quote:
3 appeals and no strikes called post patch for me. VERY small sample obviously, but nothing seemed different. If anything changes after playing some more later, I'll update this.

# 70 Ghost Of The Year @ 05/16/16 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Hoping this will get rid of the open handed releases when pitching. Dunno if that was ever addressed by the devs tho.

Won't be able to check the game until tonight, but I'll keep an eye out on OS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw9036
http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10881

DEV team have no comment and still has the same issue. They can't fix this issue!!
I don't think SDS views this as an issue, & that there is anything to fix.
It's an eyesore for sure, but not anything major IMO. Hopefully it'll be back in 17 where it was in 15.

# 71 Stolm @ 05/16/16 05:51 PM
Hitching seems vastly improved, in regards to the SOTS audio queues.

Not sure if this is a patch issue or just never played at this certain ballpark, but the game seems to be even more darker than before.

This is a sunny afternoon game, with barely any clouds in the sky.

# 72 ryan4889 @ 05/16/16 06:10 PM
Anyone know if the patch fixed Wrigley's ivy turning back and forth from green to brown and vice versa? That's been the most annoying bug to me mainly because of how glaring it is. One day it's bright green and the next it's brown, then green again.

# 73 jw9036 @ 05/16/16 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Anyone notice if the Wrigley Ivy issue in franchise is fixed?
No sorry. Still has the same.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10959

Comment posted May 11, 2016 12:27 pm PDT by Developer
Thank you all for the reports. We will keep this issue in mind for future patches or for next year.

# 74 bcruise @ 05/16/16 06:23 PM

Weird play here, might be something to watch out for. I'm pretty sure I beat the first branch and shouldn't have gotten a long gather. This is the first frame where the meter went green, confirming the throw:

Once I realized what was going to happen I cancelled the throw and still got an out at first. Had I not cancelled I would have eventually gotten the flip to second but may not have gotten an out at all.

This isn't the only DP I've had a chance at turning post-patch and none of them looked like this, so it doesn't happen all the time or anything. Might be one of those "perfect storm" things that's tough to duplicate.

# 75 Unlucky 13 @ 05/16/16 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
Anyone know if the patch fixed Wrigley's ivy turning back and forth from green to brown and vice versa? That's been the most annoying bug to me mainly because of how glaring it is. One day it's bright green and the next it's brown, then green again.
I'm now on August 1 in my franchise, and I'm not having that problem. It was that way early in the year, but by May it was just green all the time.

# 76 Unlucky 13 @ 05/16/16 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepdx
Auto baserunning- Classic and Default- is STILL broken.

What a joke.
I'm sorry that you're having trouble man, but auto seems back to normal for me now post patch. Two games with no issues that I noticed. Big improvement from the previous patch, which broke it for me.

# 77 canes21 @ 05/16/16 07:38 PM
The game still crashes every time my buddy tries to upload our franchise to the cloud.

# 78 smpipkin @ 05/16/16 07:41 PM
Quote:
I've had a check swing called for a strike once, but it was about a week ago, so before patch. Only time I've seen it though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 79 armymule @ 05/16/16 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Seem like still lots of bugs remain untouched, now how many more patches will we get?

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk
No time for another patch this year. They have to design a new alien mode for 17. Since they became so obsessed with red and green circles this year I predict they will put circles all over the field and players will turn into aliens when they enter the circles. If one gets shot while in a circle he will evaporate and you win one of those stub thingys after calling up a replacement from class A..

# 80 vegasmike @ 05/16/16 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
I hope the broken statistics totals are fixed. it's all I ask.
I ask this as well. but i think it is still broken. in online vs ranked games, i play as various teams and it doesn't have the stats for the various teams i have used

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.