Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 16 patch 1.05 is available now, weighing in at 42 MB. No details are available yet, but let us know what you are seeing.

When the patch notes arrive, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Patch notes are here.
  • Addressed issues with Cloud saves introduced in patch 1.04. All Cloud Saves should now work properly.
  • Fixed classic base running, affected by patch 1.04.
  • Online Action shot/card downloading now fixed.
  • Weather in RTTS now updates correctly with Advance Day.
  • Addressed an issue with lead off runners in online game-play. The batting team should now see their base runners leading off when they press L1.
  • Fixed some issues with "L2 + base icon" to control the runner in RTTS.
  • Off season free agent logic was not estimating budget room correctly because it was not accounting for staff salary. This caused teams to inaccurately set the max salary they could offer. This should now be fixed.
  • Fixed issue where the xp earned in game was showing instead of the amount of stubs earned in game when returning to the front-end menu. This created a lot of confusion with users assuming they weren't earning stubs. Stubs earned are now being shown instead of XP.
  • Fixed game settings not getting reset when exiting conquest and playing Extra Innings games. Extra Innings games should now be 9 innings in all cases, as intended.
  • The calendar start times in Show Live should now display accurately.
  • Challenge friends in online games should now apply all correct settings.
  • Fixed a Sounds of the Show crash when attempting to delete music files after trying to import 520+ files.
  • Various other bug fixes.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 perksg @ 05/16/16 08:53 PM
Wow. I haven't been able to get into this year's version. And once the trouble started piling up, I quit trying altogether. Now, it appears there are some fixes along with new problems. I think I'll stick with 15 for another year.

# 82 tabarnes19_SDS @ 05/16/16 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perksg
Wow. I haven't been able to get into this year's version. And once the trouble started piling up, I quit trying altogether. Now, it appears there are some fixes along with new problems. I think I'll stick with 15 for another year.
It's obviously your choice, but I have to say this is the BEST baseball game I have ever played.

I am literally addicted this year and try to play everyday. I'm actually wondering right now how I am going to be able to go 2 weeks this summer, while on vacation, away from my franchise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 83 lukepdx @ 05/16/16 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I'm sorry that you're having trouble man, but auto seems back to normal for me now post patch. Two games with no issues that I noticed. Big improvement from the previous patch, which broke it for me.
It's not a fluke, I'm not tapping R1, it's not because the baserunner has a low baserunning IQ rating. Baserunning works correctly in about 80% of instances, and is complete garbage the rest of the time.

(Unless Billy Hamilton diving back to first on a no doubt double and waiting to be prompted to run is just one of the real life quirks of baseball I'm supposed to accept)

I'm no chronic complainer.14 and 15 worked flawlessly for me.

# 84 Stolm @ 05/16/16 09:34 PM
One/Button Dive Jump is still broken in RTTS. Even when disabled it still is always on.

Really, how hard is it to fix things like this?

Issues like this should have been fixed within the first week of release!

# 85 perksg @ 05/16/16 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
It's obviously your choice, but I have to say this is the BEST baseball game I have ever played.

I am literally addicted this year and try to play everyday. I'm actually wondering right now how I am going to be able to go 2 weeks this summer, while on vacation, away from my franchise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Well, I've never been addicted to video games. There's far more to life than buttons and joysticks.

# 86 carolinawolf72 @ 05/16/16 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perksg
Well, I've never been addicted to video games. There's far more to life than buttons and joysticks.
I've played my last game of MLB 16 tonight. Every home game I play in my RTTS the computer has one man on with second batter having a three and two count, yet the pitch count only shows my pitcher has thrown two pitches. Maybe I have forgotten how to do simple math or maybe the show team has a new way of doing math I don't know about but 3 and 2 to the second batter is a little more than 2 pitches. Plus it's every home game I have played that this happens.

Plus I don't see how I can hit the top of the ball perfect timing and it's a pop up, I could see it if I hit the bottom of the ball but not the top, should be hit in the ground if they are dang determined they are not going to let me get points.

# 87 CubFan23 @ 05/16/16 11:21 PM
anyone else getting a "jumpy" game post patch? Sometimes when the pitcher throws it freezes for a second and throws my timing off, I noticed also when I have a man on first he starts to take a lead then the animation jumps to finish it. This game was running smooth before this latest patch.

I only play offline franchise.

# 88 lukepdx @ 05/17/16 12:06 AM
Just as an aside, oh to be someone who was only kerfuffled by their $60 purchase by the shade of vegetation pertenant to a charitably estimated 5% of the entire game.

# 89 CleveCluby @ 05/17/16 12:53 AM
Just a couple of observations after the patch.. 10 games played, and appeals by base umps still never call a strike. I have never had a problem with the base running like others but today when stealing 2b. 3 times the runner was called out when the play was never even close, Tags were never applied, runner clearly beat the throw and tag.. And something new i haven't seen in previous games.. 5 times in ten games, the 1B was pulled completely off the bag down the 1b line and could not make the tag. Still can not shut pitch confidence off. Nothing that kills the game or keeps me from playing.

# 90 JohnnyRu31 @ 05/17/16 07:38 AM
I just wish they would finally fix the one case running flawlessly they've always had where the baserunners are a dead giveaway to if a ball is a home run or will be caught. If it's gone it in the gap they take off, if it's gonna be caught they stop halfway. Takes all the suspense out of home runs that just clear the wall.

# 91 Prior @ 05/17/16 08:09 AM
I need to download the 1.05 patch, as I use classic base running. However in order to download the patch my system software would need to be updated, which I do not want to do.

So I'm hoping someone could please upload to a file sharing service the 1.05 patch. If it's already uploaded on the net providing the link would be great too. Thanks a lot

# 92 CujoMatty @ 05/17/16 08:36 AM
I've noticed that check swings are never called strikes when I just regular swing. If I hit square for power before I swing and then do a check swing the appeal is always called a strike.

# 93 ryan4889 @ 05/17/16 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepdx
Just as an aside, oh to be someone who was only kerfuffled by their $60 purchase by the shade of vegetation pertenant to a charitably estimated 5% of the entire game.
Sorry dude, I'd respond but I left my dicitionary/thesaurus upstairs. LMAO! Also, "kerfuffled" would be the wrong adjective to use for me in this case as I am not upset nor do I feel the slightest bit slighted. Love this game! The thesaurus is actually quite the useful tool as Luke has shown us.

# 94 EnigmaNemesis @ 05/17/16 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepdx
You ever hear the saying...

"Do not waste $5 words on $.50 cent arguments"?

# 95 Armor and Sword @ 05/17/16 10:56 AM
I have played 7 franchise games.....game is silky smooth, and I am having no issues other than the same two things which I am now resigned to thinking are not going to be fixed.

The occasional check swing frame rate drop on strikeouts or outside down and away check swings.

The fact that all appealed check swings on normal or contact check swings have never ever been called strikes. Something I never saw on previous versions.

No biggie in the grand scheme, and maybe the frame rate one is un-fixable? I don't know.

But other than that, the game is amazing. Easily the best version to date and I can't stop playing. I have not noticed anything that needed to be fixed gameplay wise with the settings I employ.

Glad Classic Base-Running was fixed for those who use it (as expected) and my son used auto base running last night in a play now game and it was perfectly fine.

# 96 Frostball @ 05/17/16 11:41 AM
Thank you guys I can finally get back to playing

This is easily the best MLB the show you guys have made so far I love it

# 97 BrianM207 @ 05/17/16 01:15 PM
Ive actually noticed something weird post patch...

Twice Ive seen the cpu try and send a runner from 1st to home on a hit to the gap. While that might not sound weird, it has happened while my shortstop(the cut off man)is in posession of the ball.

Just to clairify, I dont mean the cpu is sending him from 1st while my SS has the ball...their runner will stop at 3rd and then sart to go home once the ball is in my cut off mans posession

# 98 p00p1 @ 05/17/16 02:25 PM
Yeah, there is some weirdness with baserunning AI. I've had your situation happen twice, not only were they out by a mile, the runner behind them ran home too.

This happened to me before 1.05

# 99 bigmike0077 @ 05/17/16 02:45 PM
i was about ready to fire up a franchise tonight, anyone else experiencing those problems?

i play majroity of my games, so im trying to be aware of all the glitches

# 100 jada855 @ 05/17/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
No fixes for any of the RTTS/Showtime gameplay issues.

Pretty sad if they leave such big issues untouched. Especially considering they assured everyone pre-release that no such issue would even exist.
I read now before downloading learned my lesson. I was really hoping they fixed turning Showtime Off and having it stay off. I sent video to their bug reporting site.

Would you happen to know if any changes have been made too the game starting normally in the first inning and not skipping forward to your first appearance?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.