Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A new commentary team featuring Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and Charles Davis (color commentary and analysis) will replace Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in Madden NFL 17. The team will be able to add new commentary to the game throughout the entire season.

Quote:
Today EA Tiburon revealed the new commentary team that will be calling the games in Madden NFL 17. Brandon Gaudin will be the new voice providing play-by-play, with Charles Davis adding color commentary and analysis. Thanks to unprecedented access to Davis and Gaudin, Madden NFL 17 will ship with the most commentary ever at launch. This year’s game also features the opportunity to add commentary updates throughout the NFL season on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.

Brandon Gaudin will be joining the Big Ten Network as a play-by-play announcer this fall after being the Voice of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets since 2013. Additionally, he has been named the lead college football play-by-play voice for Westwood One Sports, and will also call occasional NFL games for the network. Gaudin will continue to serve as one of the voices for Westwood One’s coverage of men’s basketball, including conference championship week and the NCAA Tournament.

Charles Davis is best known for his work on the NFL Network and NFL on FOX. This past season he could be seen providing analysis each week during NFL on FOX broadcasts, as well as providing extensive coverage of the NFL Draft on NFL Network. Davis is known for his meticulous and detailed knowledge of the NFL, which he will bring to the Madden NFL 17 broadcast booth.

Read more about the new Madden NFL 17 commentary team in the official blog.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 jpdavis82 @ 06/12/16 02:16 PM
First look at Madden 17 EA Play, that commentary! http://youtu.be/pSi0uKWapdY?a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 162 Cowboy008 @ 06/12/16 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

That commentary was pretty good.

# 163 Kanobi @ 06/12/16 06:46 PM
Quote:

What commentary?

# 164 jpdavis82 @ 06/12/16 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
What commentary?

At :23

# 165 aguero90 @ 06/12/16 07:29 PM
Being visually impaired, I can't see it great, was that in game commentary??!! If so, I am pumped up right now!!! That sounded just like Brandon does on radio!!

# 166 Kanobi @ 06/12/16 08:24 PM
Quote:
At :23

If that's in-game then that'd be pretty amazing. My guess, however, is that was recorded specifically for that video clip as people enter the Madden Play booths.

# 167 aguero90 @ 06/12/16 08:49 PM
Even if it was recorded, for it, I still have hope that's how it'll be in game, because having listened to Brandon's real calls, that's how he does it, and he's said he wanted to do it just like real life. I can't wait to hear it for sure in gameplay videos!

# 168 NYG 98 @ 06/12/16 09:01 PM
This is... peculiar. One of the perks of old-gen and the newer Maddens were authentic NFL commentators. Even if the context wasn't the greatest, the mere presence of them still gave you that NFL feel.

If they want to switch guys around like this... why not pay voice actors to imitate John Madden and Pat Summerall?

# 169 PVarck31 @ 06/12/16 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 98
This is... peculiar. One of the perks of old-gen and the newer Maddens were authentic NFL commentators. Even if the context wasn't the greatest, the mere presence of them still gave you that NFL feel.

If they want to switch guys around like this... why not pay voice actors to imitate John Madden and Pat Summerall?
Madden and Summerall impersonators? Seriously?

# 170 MattIntellect @ 06/13/16 12:36 AM
I haven't posted here in years. It's refreshing to see that many posters are happy about Madden. EA seems to be adding many of the requests posters have been making for years. Not to dismiss the new commentators, but the fresh commentary feature, Madden 365, seems like a long time coming. Glad that this feature, along with the live ticker, finally made it into the game.

# 171 Kanobi @ 06/13/16 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Even if it was recorded, for it, I still have hope that's how it'll be in game, because having listened to Brandon's real calls, that's how he does it, and he's said he wanted to do it just like real life. I can't wait to hear it for sure in gameplay videos!
I wouldn't get those hopes up. I wasn't talking about how the guy calls the game. I was talking about the context of the play, the player and the playoff implications. I don't see the commentary being on that level yet in-game at all, considering how far behind its been to this point.

I would love to be proven horribly wrong but nothing shown so far lends to believing otherwise. When there are games 10 years older with arguably better commentary, and current gen games that are lightyears better...surely one could understand my skepticism here.

Nonetheless, we shall see. I do like the direction they are taking with fresh voices and guys who can put in longer hours recording. Commentary has been a sore spot in Madden for well over a decade now and has long since been in need of a facelift.

# 172 oneamongthefence @ 06/13/16 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
You want two guys who haven't done games in years??

I'd much rather have "no-name" guys who will be adding commentary throughout the year over any current guys like Simms and Nantz...unless of course those guys would be willing to do updates as well. (not likely)
Not to mention Pat Summerall died 2 years ago.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 173 jpdavis82 @ 06/13/16 02:51 AM
We have to hear it for ourselves to really judge but...

# 174 Kanobi @ 06/13/16 04:35 PM
Any E3 videos with commentary?

# 175 aguero90 @ 06/13/16 09:35 PM
Nothing yet. Just that commentary from the trailer with the blocked kick.

# 176 jpdavis82 @ 06/14/16 01:51 PM
Just had this conversation with a guy who played 8 games so far regarding commentary

# 177 mrprice33 @ 06/14/16 01:59 PM
You guys don't even know

# 178 jpdavis82 @ 06/14/16 02:31 PM
He just added this comment too

# 179 aguero90 @ 06/14/16 02:43 PM
Um, what did he say? Can you write it in text? lol, not sure what you guys posted, but on my BrailleNote, it's not words!

# 180 strawberryshortcake @ 06/14/16 02:48 PM
jpdavis, can you find out if there is commentary during replays, and do they describe the play during the replay? and if there is a lot of "dead air" or not? Also has anyone talked about the halftime show and how or if the same commentary will be implemented?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.