Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Cookieboy17 has posted a new Madden NFL 17 video featuring the New England Patriots vs. Arizona Cardinals.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 08/12/16 02:55 PM
No vid, friend.

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 08/12/16 04:17 PM
  • LOL at :50. If they ever get player movement and acceleration/agility on a realistic level to prevent that kind of stuff it will be a great day for Madden because that was a total joke. 350 pound, 5+ second forty nose tackle running around in the secondary like he's Kuechly or a DB......
  • FG at :56 is what I've been waiting to see. Love that he missed that being on the edge of the accuracy. Hopefully the higher levels make the meter faster or better yet, there is a meter speed slider.
  • Part of the reason pass rush looks so weak in a lot of these videos is because it seems like they're predominantly only sending three or four guys at most. The edge rush seems really inconsistent even when sending four though and DT's get stonewalled way too much in pass pro.

# 3 SolidSquid @ 08/12/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
  • LOL at :50. If they ever get player movement and acceleration/agility on a realistic level to prevent that kind of stuff it will be a great day for Madden because that was a total joke. 350 pound, 5+ second forty nose tackle running around in the secondary like he's Kuechly or a DB......
  • FG at :56 is what I've been waiting to see. Love that he missed that being on the edge of the accuracy. Hopefully the higher levels make the meter faster or better yet, there is a meter speed slider.
  • Part of the reason pass rush looks so weak in a lot of these videos is because it seems like they're predominantly only sending three or four guys at most. The edge rush seems really inconsistent even when sending four though and DT's get stonewalled way too much in pass pro.
Had to turn it off after the play at 50 seconds. Why is that even possible I just don't get it.

# 4 SwedishTouch76 @ 08/12/16 11:56 PM
I'll be passing on this game for the 2nd year in a row

# 5 jpdavis82 @ 08/13/16 12:12 AM
Rex's response on this play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 XtremeDunkz @ 08/13/16 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Had to turn it off after the play at 50 seconds. Why is that even possible I just don't get it.
The fact that it is the people that play like this that get flown down to play is more irritating that anything.

# 7 XtremeDunkz @ 08/13/16 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

That is such a poor answer. But with the focus on E Sports, user control will continue to trump ratings.

# 8 jpdavis82 @ 08/13/16 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
That is such a poor answer. But with the focus on E Sports, user control will continue to trump ratings.

You can't control what a user does, how do you suggest they fix it?

# 9 Cowboy008 @ 08/13/16 12:17 AM
Quote:

I don't think people have a problem with him being in coverage, it's just how much ground he covers.

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 08/13/16 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I don't think people have a problem with him being in coverage, it's just how much ground he covers.

Yeah that's the issue I have, the game should penalize you for dropping a DT in coverage where he gets burned.

# 11 XtremeDunkz @ 08/13/16 12:21 AM
Quote:
You can't control what a user does, how do you suggest they fix it?

How do I suggest they fix it? Proper stamina, locomotion, turning, cutting, acceleration. That was a DT. He was running in the secondary like Sam Shields.....

# 12 Nemesis Enforcer @ 08/13/16 12:24 AM
Kid needs to lay off the Mountain Dew code red.

# 13 XtremeDunkz @ 08/13/16 12:25 AM
The DT was Alan Branch.

In Madden 17, his ratings are as follows...

64 speed
54 agility
65 stamina
80 acceleration

How is what he did possible with those ratings?

This is why ratings are still a huge problem in Madden.

# 14 Americas Team @ 08/13/16 12:51 AM
Quote:
The DT was Alan Branch.

64 speed
54 agility
65 stamina
80 acceleration

I think user control overrides ratings to a certain extent to give users the advantage.

# 15 SolidSquid @ 08/13/16 12:53 AM
If users wanna do that with DT fine, but at least make ratings matter, no way Alan Branch is The Honeybadger is coverage and no way he backpedals fast enough to keep up with a 20 yard route.

I like to think Rex misunderstood what we were saying like some people here.

# 16 TombSong @ 08/13/16 12:55 AM
With ratings seeming to be still a don't really matter issue in this game, I'm also concerned about not seeing much about the new zone coverages and gap assignments. With that being on the big feature list I'm surprised by the lack of videos on it. We got all these videos dumped on us and none of them really show off these features. I also would like to see videos created by the devs showing these features working and not the youtubers.

# 17 Brooke2011 @ 08/13/16 03:30 AM
Die hard pats fan here....The colorways on thier cleats are so far off. its amazing how much it takes away from the authenticity of the game....

# 18 jgreengutta @ 08/13/16 04:04 AM
That DT had speed and stupid quicks lmfao... come on EA lol

# 19 jfsolo @ 08/13/16 05:11 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Quote:
How do I suggest they fix it? Proper stamina, locomotion, turning, cutting, acceleration. That was a DT. He was running in the secondary like Sam Shields.....
Quote:
The DT was Alan Branch.

64 speed
54 agility
65 stamina
80 acceleration

Quote:
If users wanna do that with DT fine, but at least make ratings matter, no way Alan Branch is The Honeybadger is coverage and no way he backpedals fast enough to keep up with a 20 yard route.

I like to think Rex misunderstood what we were saying like some people here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
That DT had speed and stupid quicks lmfao... come on EA lol
That Cardinal User should have ran for the first one the DT dropped back, but that's neither here nor there. Rex may have misunderstood the question, but I don't think that he would have been able to give a different answer even if he understood it correctly.

That a player can User a DT(or any player) way beyond his level of athleticism, is a design choice that is a like a giant anchor dragging down the authenticity of the gameplay, IMO. It keeps the game too tactics oriented, and less about solid football strategy.

# 20 CM Hooe @ 08/13/16 07:17 AM
Quote:
The user isn't backpedaling with Branch, he starts sprinting full bore down the field immediately after disengaging his block.

Branch's 64 SPD 80 ACC is good enough for about a 4.8-4.9 straight-line 40 time in Madden, and those ratings on par with many quarterbacks in the game. He's playing exactly to his ratings. The user here is just being a clown, and his opponent didn't take advantage; in fact he threw the ball directly at Branch.

The problems I have with this play really boil down to a couple long-standing player ratings issues I have with Madden:
- why does Alan Branch have an 80 ACC rating despite a 1.68 10-yard split from his combine (when he was 30 lbs lighter)? Further - Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Aaron Rodgers, Jameis Winston, and Matt Moore all ran within 0.02 of 1.68 on the 10-yard split, but they all have wildly different ACC ratings. What gives?
- Alan Branch has a STA rating of 65. He should not be able to hold top speed for very long. Based on NFL combine workout numbers, every single player who runs on the field in Madden is capable of maintaining top speed way too long relative to his real-life counterpart.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.