Home
PES 2017 News Post

The PES 2017 demo is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 3.3 GB. Queue it up right here.

UPDATE: The demo is now available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Control Reality in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 with the demo, and experience these new gameplay features:
  • Real Touch – Players control the ball in unique ways based on where and how you control them
  • Authentic Visuals – Player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped
  • Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play and adapt accordingly
  • Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players to life
  • Goalkeepers – Keepers see a great jump in their quality, through added motions and animations

Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 L4velle @ 08/26/16 04:11 PM
I'm probably being dumb but I haven't seen the option for changing game speed in the demo?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

# 162 BL8001 @ 08/26/16 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4velle
I'm probably being dumb but I haven't seen the option for changing game speed in the demo?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's inside the match.

once you start the match pause and go to settings or options whatever it is and then go to match settings.

You can also turn on cpu name tags.

# 163 elprez98 @ 08/26/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I actually think its the opposite as I haven't seen a straight red card yet.

Yea I tackled Neymar on the edge of the box with an ugly tackle with Per last night and only got a yellow when I probably should have been walking to the showers.

But to be fair, PES has always been pretty unpredictable when it comes to discipline following tackles.

# 164 therizing02 @ 08/26/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I was just thinking to myself..."I haven't seen any injuries yet" but then I chopped down Neymar and he went off to undergo treatment. The bad thing is I button mashed to try to get to my tactics and I might have missed any cut scenes that were included.

Anyone seen injuries?

Crushed Iniesta with Ramsey and he went to the sidelines for treatment. That's the only one I've seen. I've probably played about 10-15 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 165 ezio @ 08/26/16 06:00 PM
I guess I should post some impressions.

1. As I mentioned earlier in the thread I still think the keepers push too many shots straight back to the attacking player. They need to push it further out wide out of danger.

2. The refs are better but there have been times when I thought a foul should have been given and it was not but it is better than last year when hardly anything was called.

3. The gameplay is much better than last year and I think there is a good balance between offense and defense.

4. There are alot of options that we can't get to as far as tactics are concerned and once we can I think that will open up even even better gameplay. Right now if you turn on fluid formations you can't even change the formations.

5. It seems like they have finally gone back to their roots and focused on the gameplay which is why so many people liked it before.

# 166 bigeastbumrush @ 08/26/16 06:19 PM
Way too many collisions without fouls being called. That an overall little things missing that create immersion which is why I'll pass on PES yet again.

And it's a shame because I like the player models, graphics, atmosphere.

I like a physical game. But when 90% of the turnovers are due to a foot tackle and guys getting pushed off the ball with no fouls and it can't be adjusted with sliders makes it hard for me to overlook the other areas that need work.

Don't want to feel so frustrated while playing.

# 167 Gnemi @ 08/26/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Way too many collisions without fouls being called. That an overall little things missing that create immersion which is why I'll pass on PES yet again.

I like a physical game. But when 90% of the turnovers are due to a foot tackle and guys getting pushed off the ball with no fouls and it can't be adjusted with sliders makes it hard for me to overlook the other areas that need work.

I think this is completely valid and in fact, if even 20% of these clumsy, heavy challenges were fouls, we'd be far better off.

# 168 RoyceDa59 @ 08/26/16 08:08 PM
Quote:

What difficulty were you playing on?

# 169 Josam27o7 @ 08/26/16 09:22 PM
Quote:

Completely disagree. It's good this year. Haven't heard any hardcore people complain about being frustrated about many missed foul calls. Maybe you should give the game more time. Everyone is saying the more they play the more they like it ... exact opposite of last year.

# 170 Josam27o7 @ 08/26/16 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I guess I should post some impressions.

1. As I mentioned earlier in the thread I still think the keepers push too many shots straight back to the attacking player. They need to push it further out wide out of danger.

2. The refs are better but there have been times when I thought a foul should have been given and it was not but it is better than last year when hardly anything was called.

3. The gameplay is much better than last year and I think there is a good balance between offense and defense.

4. There are alot of options that we can't get to as far as tactics are concerned and once we can I think that will open up even even better gameplay. Right now if you turn on fluid formations you can't even change the formations.

5. It seems like they have finally gone back to their roots and focused on the gameplay which is why so many people liked it before.
In real life there is ref error. Don't you want some in game too? Adds suspense and fun, when the crowd jeers. Just like real life.

# 171 rschech13 @ 08/26/16 11:39 PM
Really enjoying the demo! I played both PES 2016 and FIFA 16 a ton, and in my opinion FIFA had the slight edge despite lesser quality gameplay. Judging by the improvements I see in the demo, this could be the year that PES takes the crown (on PS4 at least, where a lack of licensing is less of an issue).

Here are a few improvements that have been most noticeable to me:

-Graphics and player models look fantastic.

-Gameplay is slowed-down but very fluid, with more shot variety.

-Goalkeepers are finally worth a damn and have made some very impressive saves.

-Player movement on-ball feels much more responsive than last year.

-The computer will now commit fouls and get called for them, though still not as often as I'd like. Definitely an improvement, though.

# 172 Crunky @ 08/26/16 11:43 PM
PES seems slightly better than Fifa to me this year especially the graphics, player models.

# 173 C.J.S. @ 08/27/16 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
PES seems slightly better than Fifa to me this year especially the graphics, player models.
well, i can't wait to get my hands on the fifa demo to compare... if they didn't have a new engine i wouldn't even care.... but i'll be surprised if it plays as good as PES...

# 174 dtlm6 @ 08/27/16 03:35 AM
Game definitely plays harder. I would give anything to have official Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga and MLS on PES. The sprint button is now R1 rather than R2. Did anyone notice this?

# 175 C.J.S. @ 08/27/16 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlm6
Game definitely plays harder. I would give anything to have official Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga and MLS on PES. The sprint button is now R1 rather than R2. Did anyone notice this?
been R1 forever but you have custom controls.

they are getting partnerships, probably every year so as the sales increase we get more.

stadiums look better in PES too.

i believe Konami's fully committed to PES and will improve this game to it's greatness again.

# 176 papinho81 @ 08/27/16 07:02 AM
The more I play the demo the more I love it!

With this amazing gameplay and all the tactical aspects that will give all the meaning to your manager role during a game, I can't wait to start a Master League!

There is definitively an important learning curve for the Fifa player I am when it comes to master the command and the tactics. But it seems it matters to learn all these things to make the most of its. Compared with last Fifa where the only tactical thing that seemed to be important was to go to defense tactic in the money time to keep your lead, this feels like a breeze of fresh air.

# 177 Money99 @ 08/27/16 08:43 AM
Okay, who is this Sanchez jerk on Arsenal?? He's killing me!
Played two games as Barcelona vs Arsenal, and lost both 2-0 and 2-1.
Had a beauty goal with Messi though. Playing with Neymar, Suarez and Messi is a heck of a lot of fun.
Have no idea what I'm doing or how to perform any trick moves, but man is this game fun.

Also saw an injury. Suarez got a Yellow Card for that.

# 178 BSDShoes @ 08/27/16 09:13 AM
Been playing a lot of matches on super star mostly ending in 0-0, the AI plays mean defense and really moves the ball on offense (at least doesn't spam long through balls like FIFA's AI does) but at least my side's goalkeeper is actually doing something useful.

Quote:
Always been R1 in PES, just change the controller scheme to match FIFA and you get R2 for sprint back.

Quote:

Really? I've been seeing a handful of yellow cards on both my side and AI's side, even saw a red one on AI for injuring one of my guys. Are you playing on amateur or something?

# 179 Thrash13 @ 08/27/16 12:35 PM
Quote:
Game definitely plays harder. I would give anything to have official Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga and MLS on PES.
That's my dilemma and what makes me honestly want to get both. I love having the Champions League in PES, but 90% of the soccer I watch is Premier League, Bundesliga, and MLS. Those licenses are swaying me to FIFA if I end up just getting one of the two.

# 180 BL8001 @ 08/27/16 01:11 PM
On ps4 you can rebrand and rekit the prem and any other team you wish (not the officially licensed teams)

If you wish, I can upload a video of the edited kits and leagues I have put together in pes16 so you can see what wonderful things people create for this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.