Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The team of Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and analyst Charles Davis have been spending more time in the EA Sports studio lately, with plans to continue throughout the NFL season. These commentary updates will arrive in Madden NFL 17 according to their schedules.

With that said, let us know what you're hearing in the latest update.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 P234thetruth @ 08/24/16 11:58 PM
This is real nice loving it. I wish 2k would do the same.

# 62 fballturkey @ 08/25/16 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You realize its coming to CFM as well. No? I mean really, getting weekly commentary updates is something to complain about? I realize people here complain for the sake of complainng but really?
I wouldn't have made the comment myself but someone else did and you basically just bagged on him for having an opinion on whether they should be spending time on lines that could be used for many games in CFM versus lines that only make sense for one week. Just wanted him to know that there wasn't just "one."

# 63 bkrich83 @ 08/25/16 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I wouldn't have made the comment myself but someone else did and you basically just bagged on him for having an opinion on whether they should be spending time on lines that could be used for many games in CFM versus lines that only make sense for one week. Just wanted him to know that there wasn't just "one."

Bagged on him? Hopefully you and he find your safe space.

I mean really. People complain EA doesn't innovate, and they do and come out with something that no one else is doing and people still find some reason to complain about it. And the people complaining have zero idea how it affects CFM (BTW, it apparently has no impact on CFM audio development).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 64 jpdavis82 @ 08/25/16 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
I'm loving the idea that EA is updating the commentary as they go along - so kudos to the development team for committing to that.

The thing I'm hearing that is a little disappointing is that the commentary is not reactive. I'm in the second year of cfm and they don't ever say rookie's names (even if the name is in the game) and the commentary doesn't update - after scoring a TD they mentioned that the receiver had scored 6 last season and could improve on it. Yeah, he did - that was a year ago. I also rebuilt the stadium and the commentators are talking like the Raiders might move. It needs to be more dynamic.

Idk if that's entirely true because when I scored with Gurley in week 2 for the first time of the year they talked about how he was an all pro as a rookie and had 10 TDs last year and with this TD here it now gives him
11 for his career.

# 65 JimmyT85 @ 08/25/16 03:53 AM
Where about does this pop-up occur?

I've yet to have it anywhere

# 66 Kanobi @ 08/25/16 05:48 AM
I think CFM stuff will be part of the much larger updates that the dev eluded to. Haven't bought the game but I enjoy reading reactions and analysis from those that have. The commentary is a bright spot. Madden 18 will undoubtedly take it up a notch....hopefully gameplay makes the same, much needed dramatic leap forward.

# 67 Gosens6 @ 08/25/16 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Wha-wha-wha-WHAT???!!! Lol. Agree to disagree (on the FIFA devs). FIFA has been at the forefront of gaming for years! Lol. That game has been fantastic for years, and it keeps getting better and more realistic! I've been playing the FIFA 17 beta, and HOLY SH-T!!! They gave infinity engine to madden, because they were ahead of their time and certainly ahead of madden. Now, they're the first ea sports game to use frostbite, and let me tell u, the player models look AMAZING! The wrinkles on players' jerseys actually MOVE!! Lol. Anyways, I'm a fan of madden (Rex's madden team) AND FIFA. But, when I first started playing FIFA around 10 years ago, I was amazed at how much more realistic the game was to soccer compared to madden to football. The gameplay and ball physics in FIFA are now truly amazing. So, I don't think FIFA devs are 'lazy'. Lol. They just created the 'story mode' thing, too. I'm not sure what their franchise looks like, cause I only play h2h FIFA. But, anyways, that game and their dev team has always been innovative.

I'm sorry I know this is completely off topic but I had to.

Fifa is a very pretty game. But realistic? Come on, man.

Also, I haven't heard any new commentary in CFM. I guess that's coming later.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 68 Razor7787 @ 08/25/16 06:34 AM
They talked about Jeremy Langford`s Injury today. Very Up-To-Date. I like.

# 69 jpdavis82 @ 08/25/16 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I think CFM stuff will be part of the much larger updates that the dev eluded to. Haven't bought the game but I enjoy reading reactions and analysis from those that have. The commentary is a bright spot. Madden 18 will undoubtedly take it up a notch....hopefully gameplay makes the same, much needed dramatic leap forward.

Yep

# 70 AUChase @ 08/25/16 07:51 AM
Was playing a game earlier today and they talked about It being Madden release week and players not being happy with their ratings.

Good ****.

# 71 willyfantastic @ 08/25/16 09:00 AM
Quote:
Lol. Wha-wha-wha-WHAT???!!! Lol. Agree to disagree (on the FIFA devs). FIFA has been at the forefront of gaming for years! Lol. That game has been fantastic for years, and it keeps getting better and more realistic! I've been playing the FIFA 17 beta, and HOLY SH-T!!! They gave infinity engine to madden, because they were ahead of their time and certainly ahead of madden. Now, they're the first ea sports game to use frostbite, and let me tell u, the player models look AMAZING! The wrinkles on players' jerseys actually MOVE!! Lol. Anyways, I'm a fan of madden (Rex's madden team) AND FIFA. But, when I first started playing FIFA around 10 years ago, I was amazed at how much more realistic the game was to soccer compared to madden to football. The gameplay and ball physics in FIFA are now truly amazing. So, I don't think FIFA devs are 'lazy'. Lol. They just created the 'story mode' thing, too. I'm not sure what their franchise looks like, cause I only play h2h FIFA. But, anyways, that game and their dev team has always been innovative.

have to disagree with you there.

all the FIFA devs care about nowadays is Ultimate Team and trying to kill PES by hoarding licenses.

The gameplay (which is worse than PES) has barely changed in 7 years. Same floaty ball physics - same massively arcade styel of playing. The only thing that looks to have improved is by using the Frostbite engine, the player models look less like waxwork figures than they used to.

# 72 bears1387 @ 08/25/16 09:13 AM
I heard them talk about results to games and injuries that happened in last week's preseason games. GREAT WORK!!

# 73 SIR924 @ 08/25/16 10:46 AM
Updating commentary is a good idea. Help keeps the game from becoming stale.

# 74 jbd345 @ 08/25/16 10:58 AM
Only gripe I have right now is the bills stadium is still being called Ralph Wilson stadium. Even though it's now called new era field. But I'm assuming that's a licensing issue more than anything.

# 75 OhMrHanky @ 08/25/16 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
have to disagree with you there.

all the FIFA devs care about nowadays is Ultimate Team and trying to kill PES by hoarding licenses.

The gameplay (which is worse than PES) has barely changed in 7 years. Same floaty ball physics - same massively arcade styel of playing. The only thing that looks to have improved is by using the Frostbite engine, the player models look less like waxwork figures than they used to.

Wha-wha-wha-what??!! Lol. Jk. But, seriously, wow, yeah, idk. Definitely to each his own. But, while the gameplay mechanics may not have changed much over the years in FIFA (because they don't really need to, u have ball skill moves, sprint, kick ball, I mean, it's soccer, that's what's great about the sport, it's simple, round ball, kick it through the goal posts), the gameplay itself has been consistently tightened up over the years. And, yeah, I disagree on 'floaty' ball physics. I think it was FIFA 16 that really modified the ball physics down to changing the spin on the ball as it hits different targets. I mean, that stuff looks spectacular to me (especially, in slow motion, but even in real time, u notice it). That game, overall, just plays so smooth (if there is no lag, lol). I tried playing PES once or twice, and while I saw some pros, it just didn't play that well (maybe, it is more 'realistic', although I won't say that until I play more, which I prob won't cause I love FIFA. Lol). And, while some people online may play a more arcade style of football, I play a more realistic style, personally. I like to go outside on the wing and bang in crosses. I use special moves from time to time. I break me down inside, sometimes. The midfield play can be back n forth sometimes. When I watch soccer on the weekends, I often see things that I do in FIFA, so, for me, I think it's plenty realistic. But, it is a vid game, so u get those arcade moments and wicked strikes. But, honestly, I don't think I've seen much in that game that I would outright call 'arcade'. And, the players are extremely different from one another. Playing with Diego Costa is different from Rooney who's different from messi who's different from Ronaldo. So, idk, agree to disagree for sure. Lol. I love FIFA for online h2h, that's all I play. In madden, the online community is so cheesy, I can't even do it. So, for me, that's huge, too. And, I'm not amazing, I've got a non-losing overall record, but that game just plays so well.

# 76 therealsmallville @ 08/25/16 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey

Do you have any idea how many online matchups are played each week? That is why they have weekly commentary updates.

My grandmother used to say people would b**** if you hung them with a new rope.

# 77 YeOldTonk @ 08/25/16 03:16 PM
Was playing a Play Now game as the Seahawks vs the Dolphins. Was on offense during the first part of the game and all of a sudden they make a comment on how Russell Wilson had four sacks in the second week of the preseason.

In last week's game, the Seattle O-line couldn't block anyone against the Vikings. Seattle QBs were sacked 8 times with Russell getting 4 of those.

This is going to be great!!!

# 78 Resurrection403 @ 08/25/16 03:20 PM
Quote:

The single player experience in FIFA is a disaster. It's shallower than snookie from jersey shore.

Is the online and player to player good? Sure. But they've basically abandoned an entire mode.

# 79 OhMrHanky @ 08/25/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
The single player experience in FIFA is a disaster. It's shallower than snookie from jersey shore.

Is the online and player to player good? Sure. But they've basically abandoned an entire mode.

Ahh, right on, man. Yeah, again, I ONLY play h2h FIFA, so I don't even look at managing a team or anything. I just want tight game control and graphics/animations, and for me, FIFA delivers that.

# 80 ChaseB @ 08/25/16 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Idk if that's entirely true because when I scored with Gurley in week 2 for the first time of the year they talked about how he was an all pro as a rookie and had 10 TDs last year and with this TD here it now gives him
11 for his career.

You're both probably half right. It probably won't be as super specific or as fun commentary-wise in CFM vs. Play Now this season, but there is some stuff that will carry over based on the updates -- just not all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.