Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 17 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at just over 40 GB.

UPDATE: It is also available for Origin Access subscribers.

If you aren't seeing it available, try the following:
  • Open EA Access
  • Go to the Game Trials tab
  • Click the EA Sports FIFA 17 tile (It might be labeled "Coming Soon")
  • On the bottom left, click the Game Details button
  • You will then be redirected into the Microsoft Store, click the Free Trial button to start the download process
REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 schnakenpopanz @ 09/22/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
One thing I've forgotten to mention but I think deserves a lot of credit is the addition of the new through ball modifier. You can weight a through ball with spin easily to thread between defenders. It makes for some truly remarkable looking passing attacks. Especially long low balls to wingers or advanced midfielders which can then run at the fullbacks or center halves.

In addition, the low driven shots feel just about spot on. This is something I don't think PES got right (at least judging from the demo). I've slotted in from 10 or 12 yards a few times and each one has looked like a goal that could easily have happened in any Premier League game.
How can your perform the low driven shot?
And how do you get the long through balls to work?
Do you have to be on manual passing?

# 102 Zac @ 09/22/16 12:24 PM
As someone who thought the Journey was dumb when it was first announced. I actually liked what I saw of it last night. I played it for about 2 hours. Didn't get very far in even in that time. But the way they are handling it is by far the best story driven sports mode to date. Way better than anything NBA 2k has done. Yes the cut scenes are cheesy. But the presentation overall is pretty good. They actually make you do drills to train. They present you with your information in a visually appealing way also. And the part where you pick the team I thought was fantastic. How they prepared a little speech for each team. And commented no how well you'd fit and how soon you'd likely to get playing time.

Aside from that I didn't check anything else out. And I haven't played enough to comment on gameplay yet. But I can say so far it feels like a shell of the beta on the pitch.

# 103 RoyceDa59 @ 09/22/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
As someone who thought the Journey was dumb when it was first announced. I actually liked what I saw of it last night. I played it for about 2 hours. Didn't get very far in even in that time. But the way they are handling it is by far the best story driven sports mode to date. Way better than anything NBA 2k has done. Yes the cut scenes are cheesy. But the presentation overall is pretty good. They actually make you do drills to train. They present you with your information in a visually appealing way also. And the part where you pick the team I thought was fantastic. How they prepared a little speech for each team. And commented no how well you'd fit and how soon you'd likely to get playing time.

Aside from that I didn't check anything else out. And I haven't played enough to comment on gameplay yet. But I can say so far it feels like a shell of the beta on the pitch.
Thanks for this, I am still going to keep my preorder for FIFA this year. I feel like I will at least find some fun in the gameplay this year especially if the journey is as good as I've been hearing.

# 104 JHedges2 @ 09/22/16 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO

This sounds promising! Esp. considering you can actually pick your team. Def. would not have been well received if you could only play with MANU.

# 105 Zac @ 09/22/16 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
This sounds promising! Esp. considering you can actually pick your team. Def. would not have been well received if you could only play with MANU.
Yeah you go through the exit trial. You play two 11v11 games. And do some drills. And you are earning a rating the whole time. The goal is to finish in the top 10 among everyone in the trial. The higher you finish, the more teams offer you a chance. The first time I finished first and every team was a choice for me. I got it first time without even really trying. But I didn't choose a top tier team, because of playing time. I went with M'boro. As they sounded like the team to get the most playing time early.

# 106 JHedges2 @ 09/22/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Yeah you go through the exit trial. You play two 11v11 games. And do some drills. And you are earning a rating the whole time. The goal is to finish in the top 10 among everyone in the trial. The higher you finish, the more teams offer you a chance. The first time I finished first and every team was a choice for me. I got it first time without even really trying. But I didn't choose a top tier team, because of playing time. I went with M'boro. As they sounded like the team to get the most playing time early.
Awesome stuff. Really excited to play this mode.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 107 RIFRIG @ 09/22/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Curious why The Journey is limited, but no matter...will have fun.
It's probably only 5 or 6 hours long.

# 108 KTBFFH @ 09/22/16 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnakenpopanz
How can your perform the low driven shot?
And how do you get the long through balls to work?
Do you have to be on manual passing?
As far as I know you can perform each shot/pass type on any control scheme. I tried on both assisted and full manual.

The low shot is done by powering up the shot with B/Circle then tapping the shot button again before it is shot. This works for headers as well.

The finesse or curled through ball is done by holding R1/RB and powering up the through ball on Y/Triangle.

Hope this helps!

# 109 L4velle @ 09/22/16 03:36 PM
So I changed Barnsley stadium name to Oakwell but is still showing as Ivy Lane when I go into match. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

# 110 Benja190782 @ 09/22/16 03:51 PM
I must say after playing for 3 hours with my EA Access version. It's a massive improvement from the demo.

The gameplay speed is spot on! And it's NOT faster than the demo!
I must say it's the best football experience I've EVER had! The crowd adds so much immersion! Ball physics is spot on! The responsive controls is amazing! Defending feels fun again! The randomness is back!
I'm sold!

Playing on full manual and SLOW is so much fun! Even on PRO and WC it's a realistic experience you get. Legendary feels really balanced this year.

The reflections and randomness is really nice to see.
You can even hear the crowd go "shoot" when outside the box! It's amazing!

There's some bugs yes - like the BPL package - but overall, best FIFA ever!

# 111 kennytomson @ 09/22/16 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
What makes no sense is that after so many pages there only 2 posts of actual gameplay impressions and there are like 10 posts about missing cosmetic features.

with only 10 hours to play i'm jumping around to see what is included and what is not...mainly cosmetic. once i have unlimited time, then i will start to play longer games and can comment on the gameplay.

# 112 BL8001 @ 09/22/16 05:35 PM
It's looks like the practice match feature is dead and buried. The boring 1v1 arena is still there but nothing more.

Is FIFA the only sports game that does not have a proper practice match mode?

# 113 fearwhatnow @ 09/22/16 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
with only 10 hours to play i'm jumping around to see what is included and what is not...mainly cosmetic. once i have unlimited time, then i will start to play longer games and can comment on the gameplay.
10 hours, 4 days before release, it seems to me like a lot of time to test the gameplay. That's what matters. Idk, may it's just me, but I find it very strange to have impressions/criticism about the scoreboards and presentation when the offline aspect of the game it's "downgraded" regarding AI.
I'll give the game another shot but I'm very disappointed. I was very satisfied with last year's game.

# 114 BL8001 @ 09/22/16 06:44 PM
Played a match on pro and sprinting through the D is still easy to do.

Spoiler

On the plus side, the AI attack is better due to more upfield passing and off ball runs.

One thing I hated from the demo is present still but changed slightly. In the demo the GK would rush the punt kick, particularly on corners. Since the AI is fond of putting almost 10 in the box on corners when the keeper runs out and punts there is nobody to collect it or at best there was a lone striker vs 5 defenders.

Now in the full game they "fixed" it by having the cpu punt it slightly off center to a ST who wins the ball 85% of the time and heads it back, they also sped up the clear out runs after winning the ball so that they are now ahead of your players and can accept the ST's head pass and start the immediate counter with numbers.

This is just a bandaid. It's not a fix.

Intelligent keepers hold the ball more often and allow their players to drag the offense back out away from the goal

# 115 JimmyDeicide @ 09/22/16 08:26 PM
Blb are we playing to break the game or we playing to play footy , i would never even think of doing what you are saying.

# 116 kwebbvols4423 @ 09/22/16 09:37 PM
Only have played the Journey and I am loving it.

# 117 BrianFifaFan @ 09/22/16 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSellecksMustache
Does your progress in the 10 hour trial carry over when the game is released?

Can I start a career now and keep it going or will I have to start over?
Yes, it does...

# 118 BL8001 @ 09/22/16 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Blb are we playing to break the game or we playing to play footy , i would never even think of doing what you are saying.
Well, I passed out to the RM and noticed the D was back pedaling and giving me space.
Spoiler

It's going to drive people online nuts, might see 12-10 score lines

Oh also, Messi thinks to do what I do!

I tagged it as spoiler because yeah I guess some people may not want to know.

# 119 KTBFFH @ 09/22/16 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Well, I passed out to the RM and noticed the D was back pedaling and giving me space.
Spoiler

It's going to drive people online nuts, might see 12-10 score lines

Oh also, Messi thinks to do what I do!

I tagged it as spoiler because yeah I guess some people may not want to know.
Hopefully you decide to give the two higher difficulties a try. World Class is playing the way it really should in this build. People are saying good things about legendary as well.

# 120 TheDutchDad @ 09/23/16 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols4423
Only have played the Journey and I am loving it.
Same. I've played it for the past two hours and it's been really fun so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.