Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 patch 1.04 arrived earlier this afternoon for PlayStation 4 users, the official patch notes have just been revealed. Check them out below and let us know what you're seeing.

The same patch is coming soon for Xbox One and PC. While no official release date has been given, they typically arrive a week later, give or take a couple of days.

UPDATE: (10-12) The patch is available now for PC users.

UPDATE: (10-14) The patch is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 2.61 GB.

GENERAL
  • Corrected an issue where some postrelease uniform colors would clash with the opposing team’s uniform in certain matchups.
  • After a made basket, the score will no longer update on the scoreboard until after the animation has completed; this should be much less confusing.
  • Fixed a case where your friends list in the Who’s Online menu would disappear while viewing it.
  • Contact Dunk animations should now properly stay equipped on your MyPLAYER.
GAMEPLAY
  • The Relentless Finisher badge should now give the proper bonuses on contact layups when leveling it up.
  • Fixed an extremely rare hang that could occur when a player was attempting to grab a rebound.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Fixed a case where certain jump shot animations would result in the shot meter reporting an incorrect very late timing during high-latency situations.
  • Addressed an issue where you would not be granted a win if your opponent disconnected during a Pro-Am Walk-On/Team game under certain conditions.
  • Users in Ante-Up will now always be presented with the correct ante-up amount prior to joining the Got Next queue.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Corrected a case that would result in loading into a black screen heading into a game.
  • Connection events will now always appear on the schedule once you agree to them/set them up.
  • Addressed a hang that could occur when attempting to enter the 3PT/Dunk Contest when your MyPLAYER was injured.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when loading into a Live Practice when a number of players on your team were simultaneously injured.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 nyk_fatboy @ 10/12/16 05:58 AM
Game feels alot better for me.

Nomore of my meter snapping back and glitching (so far)

Rebounds feel better as well.

# 122 Johnnythelegend @ 10/12/16 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPAGA
I don't know man. I feel they patched the hell out of 3 Point shooting with this update.
What do you mean, haven't tried game with this patch yet

# 123 jwill_23 @ 10/12/16 06:44 AM
In my opinion, I played two playoff games with my Suns vs. the Thunder, and the game seems to be very smooth. I am a Varsity basketball coach in real life, and I appreciate the amount of detail the devs placed in this game.

The shooting is easier after this patch, for my man Booker, had a great 2nd game vs. the Thunder. Westbrook was a beast in both games, we won the first by two points and we blew them out the 2nd game.

Overall the games plays way better in transition, with a lot less bumping.

# 124 MrKilligan @ 10/12/16 06:50 AM
What uniform colors supposedly crash? Outside of New York, Milwaukee, and Charlotte that need to be adjusted, I haven't noticed any colors that "clash".

# 125 tcnumba10 @ 10/12/16 07:22 AM
Shooting % for the CPU playing on Superstar on default sliders were from high 30s% to mid 40s% after the patch.

I tested it out on Play Now mode and using the NBA 2K17 latest Official Rosters by pressing Triangle (PS4) on the Team Select page each time I start a new game.

# 126 RNS1hunna @ 10/12/16 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans2k
Are most people happy with this current game speed? Seems so unnatural looking to me, players can go from under basket to contesting a 3 in 1 second. Seems like players have lost weight and precise control in movements.

I mean, whatever 2k changes I'm going to adjust and adapt to and play on, done with complaining, but just wondering how everyone else felt about overall game speed.

I've noticed this too it was a issue after the previous patch seems to have a gotten worse with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 127 ryocoola31 @ 10/12/16 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS1hunna
I've noticed this too it was a issue after the previous patch seems to have a gotten worse with this one

Yeah definitely more jerky and more weird unrealistic movements. Things flowed better visually before the patch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

# 128 DBMcGee3 @ 10/12/16 09:13 AM
I have about 2 weeks left before the ship sails on returning this to Amazon. Haven't played as much thus far as I would have liked, but my initial takes (ver 1.03) were:

Cons:

- The speed of the players is way too high, I feel like everyone is skating around out there.

-CPU still seems to play that mirror defense. I was very excited about the improved dribbling, which does feel better by the way, but it still seems like the CPU can easily stop my path to the hoop with a well timed bump animation. Maybe I just suck at dribbling, I don't know. It's less fun than I expected.

- Shooting %s way too high. Been playing on All-Star and both teams are well above 50% every game. Is there not a 'Simulation' sliders option this year? The sliders seemed to be set up differently when I briefly looked into them, basically to where the ratings for User and CPU never match up, which I hate. I just want them to play smarter at higher levels, not cheese me with added abilities.

- CPU just isn't threatening enough with the ball. They pass it around well and always find the open man, I just never have a CPU opponent break me down off the dribble.....ever.

Pros:

-Presentation is fantastic as always. Not perfect, but they do those little things that are awesome, especially the first few times you see them. Graphics are outstanding as usual.

-Steals and rebounding both seem improved. Ball seems more 'alive', although there's still more clipping than I'd like to see.

- Less animation heavy from what I've seen, especially while dribbling.

Anyway, overall I'm a little disappointed, especially since I was very skeptical about the game to begin with and then bought it impulsively when I saw the reviews coming in. Was expecting a game changer and I'm just not seeing it so far.

# 129 zrohman @ 10/12/16 09:26 AM
2k has ALWAYS been too slow. They shouldn't make the speed of the players based on what looks good but how fast people actually are. I see guys with little to no momentum explode to the basket and get there in seconds. 2k has always been impossibly slow. They don't want people to cheese and they always want the game to look good... But they sacrifice the realistic high speed of the game. Please don't slow it down!!!!?

# 130 wilsonowens704 @ 10/12/16 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheisty
Pro Am fixes wish list. Turn down sharp shooter shooting %'s, allow post scoring centers to score in the post (meter for big man layups is about as fast as a head fake), turn down glass cleaner cheese, oh and the timeout glitch (call a timeout at the foul line and you can't see how to shoot free throws).
Agreed...

I'm actually blown away they didn't fix the Pro-Am free throw line glitch. 2k says they want to go "all-in" with esports but allowing the other team to make shooting free throws very difficult by a glitch in the game...really? Free throws are a fundamental aspect of basketball and can make a HUGE difference in a win or a loss.

# 131 rhein77 @ 10/12/16 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
2k has ALWAYS been too slow. They shouldn't make the speed of the players based on what looks good but how fast people actually are. I see guys with little to no momentum explode to the basket and get there in seconds. 2k has always been impossibly slow. They don't want people to cheese and they always want the game to look good... But they sacrifice the realistic high speed of the game. Please don't slow it down!!!!?

Huh... the way the game plays is entirely unrealistic and it seems like control is taking a hit. Players cover too much space in the game. A mediocre defensive player can double the post and get back to his man for a close out 3. It also supports Arcady play and not basketball that is on TV.

This really disappoints me if more control has been sacrificed with this patch. Does the game play faster and more erratic?

# 132 Bunselpower32 @ 10/12/16 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans2k
Watching a game on TV and watching current 2k game speed is no where close to accurate. 2k is too fast. People do not jog or run that fast all the time.

I get wanting the game to feel fast and exciting like you're playing it, but the speed is unrealistic.

Can turbo from baseline to half court in under 2 seconds and receive a zipped pass from the inbounder, perfectly, after a make...never happens. Nobody is going to Sprint as fast as possivle to stop on a dime to get a pass like that.

Watch a game on TV or YT and hold your controller, like you are playing real life, and see just how 'slow' real life feels.
Yeah, it's way off. It's the acceleration that bugs me most. Guys don't feel heavy anymore. There's no inertia, layups aren't affected at all by bumping unless the animation is specially chosen. It feels like i'm playing physics-less ball.

I'm in the process of just cranking down speed and acceleration by 5 Until I get to 2k16 levels. The game felt so much more real last year in terms of momentum and inertia.

Also, the comment above so dang much. I'm constantly being punished for running an offense.

# 133 cavsfan2 @ 10/12/16 10:54 AM
I honestly feel like this game has gotten worse with each patch.

# 134 YSLxBanks @ 10/12/16 11:14 AM
Add to the patch notes:

"Made Pro am unplayable"

Friends of mine can't even start a game others a re getting kicked and receive a loss for that. 2k needs to fix this ASAP

# 135 eich6bc @ 10/12/16 11:26 AM
I'm on X1 so obviously I don't have this Patch yet.

I wanted to ask if this latest Patch fixed the CPU Centers cutting to the basket for an easy 2?

Sent from my iOS using Tapatalk

# 136 Dwiddie05 @ 10/12/16 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinlove9301
There are gameplay changes offline. Shooting percentages have changed. Pick and roll defense is better. Ai defense seems better overall. Fouls have been toned down. Some people just wanna complain about something cause it makes them feel smarter but offline is better.
The fouls have been toned down. I do see that the defense is better on the P & Rs. I actually feel like I'm finishing layups at a more successful rate . I know they fixed the relentless finisher badge but I don't have it yet. I'm just finishing layups more often with contact. I'm actually posterizing players and getting those contact dunks. I like the changes overall so far. And I'm really glad they fixed the calendar issue!!

# 137 Goffs @ 10/12/16 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLxBanks
Add to the patch notes:

"Made Pro am unplayable"

Friends of mine can't even start a game others a re getting kicked and receive a loss for that. 2k needs to fix this ASAP
Really? I'm finally able to play full games....

# 138 YSLxBanks @ 10/12/16 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Really? I'm finally able to play full games....
Are you playing walk on or team Pro am?

# 139 Dwiddie05 @ 10/12/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex34
Just decided to chime in and say contact and alley packages aren't fixed, everytime I equip them they reset, kinda sucks with me being a slasher
I'm a Slasher as well and it is fixed for me. And now I'm getting contact dunks in game finally.

# 140 Retropyro @ 10/12/16 12:03 PM
I find myself regretting ever buying this game. I swore I would skip it this year but stupidly allowed myself to get suckered into the hype machine again.

I've always been a big MyCareer player, it's just gone down hill the last few years. Until they separate Park/Pro-Am from MyCareer, I'm out.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.