Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 title update is available now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update includes gameplay, Madden Ultimate Team and commentary updates based on feedback from the community.

Gameplay
  • Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary
  • New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability
  • Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 181 roadman @ 12/01/16 03:31 PM
Yeah, Ehh, I don't know what to tell you.

Prior to this patch on AP, I was having both QB's (CPU and me) having completion percentages in the 60's with off target and out of bounds passes.

I haven't been able to play post patch, and I am hoping the patch didn't make other areas of the game out of whack.

# 182 SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe @ 12/01/16 03:35 PM
I must say I was rather disappointed to not see QB accuracy in patch notes. I went from excitement to disappointment real quick. This is a game in which ratings should matter..

# 183 JoshC1977 @ 12/01/16 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Prior to this patch on AP, I was having both QB's (CPU and me) having completion percentages in the 60's with off target and out of bounds passes.

I haven't been able to play post patch, and I am hoping the patch didn't make other areas of the game out of whack.
Same here. I haven't seen any issues with accuracy either pre or post patch on my slider setup (noting that I exclusively use the default preseason roster for franchise).

# 184 ehh @ 12/01/16 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Same here. I haven't seen any issues with accuracy either pre or post patch on my slider setup (noting that I exclusively use the default preseason roster for franchise).
I am glad to hear that some aren't having an issue. I tried your set a few weeks back and the CPU scored one TD in four games against my average defense. Unfortunately that set isn't for me unless using preseason rosters is some magical difference maker.

# 185 redsox4evur @ 12/01/16 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I have definitely seen bad QB play from both me and the CPU on default AP. I was doing my Browns CFM last night and I had Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing inaccurate passes during games and weekly training. And I played a game against the Colts with Luck hurt. Meaning Christian Ponder their backup was getting the start. He went 26/43 (exactly 60% on his completions) for 324 yards, 1 TD and FIVE picks. And I don't have a world beating defense. My best players are Jamie Collins (91), Christian Kirksey (81), and Duron Harman (80). And Ryan Fitzpatrick same game went 22/32 (68%) for 339 yards, 3 TDs and 2 picks. And going through the other games I did Play The Moments for the completion percentages were around 60%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 186 Charvalos @ 12/01/16 04:05 PM
26 completions for 324 yards ? Personnally, for a backup (66 OVR), I don't really think is realistic. For a QB like Brady, Big Ben, maybe

Tolzien, against the Steelers last week, finished the game with 22/36, 205 yds. And, it was against the Steelers defense..

And like some people said, how many miss throws did you see ?

# 187 roadman @ 12/01/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
26 completions for 324 yards ? Personnally, for a backup (66 OVR), I don't really think is realistic. For a QB like Brady, Big Ben, maybe

Tolzien, against the Steelers last week, finished the game with 22/36, 205 yds. And, it was against the Steelers defense..

Oh, yeah, Matt Flynn says hello:

From 2012: That’s what the Packers did today against the Lions, as Rodgers got the day off and Matt Flynn led the way with an absolutely stunning game, completing 31 of 44 passes for 480 yards and six touchdowns.

I see 3 or 4 or more from each side during a game. I don't have a problem with that at all.

# 188 swanklax @ 12/01/16 04:24 PM
Quote:

It's really silly to evaluate the performance of anything on a one game sample size. Here's a non-exhaustive list of bad quarterbacks who have thrown for 400+ yards in a game:

Matt Schaub
Josh McCown
Kellen Moore (!!!!)
Nick Foles
Josh Freeman
Matt Cassel
Kyle Orton
Matt Flynn
Matt Leinart
Chris Weike

You can only imagine how many bad quarterbacks have thrown for 300+ yards, especially on 43 attempts. With the right sliders, the QBA isn't a huge deal.

# 189 redsox4evur @ 12/01/16 04:25 PM
Quote:

I saw a lot of missed throws. Especially with me using Ryan Fitzpatrick. Just did another gameplan for this week and he missed like 2-3 throws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 190 JoshC1977 @ 12/01/16 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I am glad to hear that some aren't having an issue. I tried your set a few weeks back and the CPU scored one TD in four games against my average defense. Unfortunately that set isn't for me unless using preseason rosters is some magical difference maker.
Well, I posted updates on 11/20/2016; and if you were using my previous iteration, that outcome wouldn't totally shock me.

That said, as well all know, no slider set is "one size fits all".

# 191 ehh @ 12/01/16 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, I posted updates on 11/20/2016; and if you were using my previous iteration, that outcome wouldn't totally shock me.

That said, as well all know, no slider set is "one size fits all".
Cool, I'll try them out this weekend.

# 192 Smallville102001 @ 12/01/16 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanklax
It's really silly to evaluate the performance of anything on a one game sample size. Here's a non-exhaustive list of bad quarterbacks who have thrown for 400+ yards in a game:

Matt Schaub
Josh McCown
Kellen Moore (!!!!)
Nick Foles
Josh Freeman
Matt Cassel
Kyle Orton
Matt Flynn
Matt Leinart
Chris Weike

You can only imagine how many bad quarterbacks have thrown for 300+ yards, especially on 43 attempts. With the right sliders, the QBA isn't a huge deal.

A few of those QB I don't think are bad and yes one game you cant judge because yes even bad players can have good games but before we had a single patch this year I was seeing 55-70% most games with a few games where CPU would be 50 or lower and a few games where CPU would be like 75-80 and I was seeing bad passes and playing a top QB like Brady felt much different then playing some bad QB. After the October patch that went away to the point where just about ever game is 70-80% and about the only way a ball is incomplete is if WR drops pass or QB throws it away or defender hits the ball and playing a top QB vs a ok QB doesn't fell that different.

# 193 roadman @ 12/01/16 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
A few of those QB I don't think are bad and yes one game you cant judge because yes even bad players can have good games but before we had a single patch this year I was seeing 55-70% most games with a few games where CPU would be 50 or lower and a few games where CPU would be like 75-80 and I was seeing bad passes and playing a top QB like Brady felt much different then playing some bad QB. After the October patch that went away to the point where just about ever game is 70-80% and about the only way a ball is incomplete is if WR drops pass or QB throws it away or defender hits the ball and playing a top QB vs a ok QB doesn't fell that different.
It's interesting people are getting different results with the same game. That tells me no two players are the same.

I don't have a complaint on the QBA, but I know others are having issues with it.

# 194 Sturzinator @ 12/01/16 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanklax

Matt Schaub
Josh McCown
Kellen Moore (!!!!)
Nick Foles
Josh Freeman
Matt Cassel
Kyle Orton
Matt Flynn
Matt Leinart
Chris Weike

It's equally silly to throw out a few names of mediocre QBs that have had career games over the course of years in the league to attempt to rationalize what is clearly a consistent (game to game) issue for many M17 gamers.

I could match your list on a 3 or 4 to one basis of those same QBs and many others having horrible games.

The bottom line is you can probably statistically rationalize just about anything if you dig deep enough through the annals of a league with decades of game logs, but that does not excuse what is a chronic issue with the QB play in this series (not just M17).

I am not experiencing the extremes of what some are seeing with regard to the accuracy, but I am not using a community slider set. I do see where there is a problem though. One thing I do see, that a find very irksome, is that whenever it happens I injure the CPU starting QB, the back up comes in and invariably plays lights out. Often times, in fact, better than the starter he replaced.

With all the insidious and outwardly innocuous settings (main menu settings, auto subs, etc) that singly or in combination can alter the gameplay so drastically it's no wonder there's no easy solution. I am sure there are as yet undiscovered settings that are unwittingly affecting the game play in some fashion as well.

There's a reason why EA has never come out and stated what exactly the sliders do or how to use them to remedy the effects were reporting because they have no idea themselves. Speaking out would only cause them further embarrassment.

I am not hopeful there will be a solution to this or the many other legacy issues that stubbornly remain in full glory in M17 until there is a complete rebuild or the door is re-opened for competitors' offerings.

# 195 newguy27 @ 12/01/16 05:00 PM
Is the current running game really that much worse compared to the day one release without patches?

# 196 oneamongthefence @ 12/01/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy27
Is the current running game really that much worse compared to the day one release without patches?
Day 1 release with no patchesbthe outside run game was way overpowered.

I don't think accuracy is the issue honestly. Its the CPUs reliance on short passes. In my experience the cpu throws the safe easy pass most of the time. They rarely go deep except in hail Mary situations. A normal stat line when I play is about 20 for 30 for about 150 yards. Those incompletions are a result of numerous throw aways and dropped passes. Very rarely will I have a qb throw more than 200 yards. That's just my experience though.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

# 197 Sturzinator @ 12/01/16 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy27

The run game is one area that has improved with patches IMO.

Original release run game was unplayable to due broken defensive pursuit angles, player collisions, and failure to maintain outside leverage.

# 198 Rhudey @ 12/01/16 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

I don't think accuracy is the issue honestly. Its the CPUs reliance on short passes. In my experience the cpu throws the safe easy pass most of the time. They rarely go deep except in hail Mary situations. A normal stat line when I play is about 20 for 30 for about 150 yards. Those incompletions are a result of numerous throw aways and dropped passes. Very rarely will I have a qb throw more than 200 yards. That's just my experience though.

This! It doesn't matter what quarterback you are playing against, they all play the same. They stand there and find the open man on the short dump ALL the time. I've seen them miss deeper throws, but most of the time they find the wide open guy, even if it's a 3 yard gain on 3rd and 15.

# 199 Sturzinator @ 12/01/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

That's a good point.

It's also one of those things that could be influenced by play style, QB traits, defensive play calls, schemes, roster quality, and team vs general playbook selection.

Very tough to pin down.

# 200 Rhudey @ 12/01/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
It's equally silly to throw out a few names of mediocre QBs that have had career games over the course of years in the league to attempt to rationalize what is clearly a consistent (game to game) issue for many M17 gamers.

I could match your list on a 3 or 4 to one basis of those same QBs and many others having horrible games.

The bottom line is you can probably statistically rationalize just about anything if you dig deep enough through the annals of a league with decades of game logs, but that does not excuse what is a chronic issue with the QB play in this series (not just M17).

I am not experiencing the extremes of what some are seeing with regard to the accuracy, but I am not using a community slider set. I do see where there is a problem though. One thing I do see, that a find very irksome, is that whenever it happens I injure the CPU starting QB, the back up comes in and invariably plays lights out. Often times, in fact, better than the starter he replaced.

With all the insidious and outwardly innocuous settings (main menu settings, auto subs, etc) that singly or in combination can alter the gameplay so drastically it's no wonder there's no easy solution. I am sure there are as yet undiscovered settings that are unwittingly affecting the game play in some fashion as well.

There's a reason why EA has never come out and stated what exactly the sliders do or how to use them to remedy the effects were reporting because they have no idea themselves. Speaking out would only cause them further embarrassment.

I am not hopeful there will be a solution to this or the many other legacy issues that stubbornly remain in full glory in M17 until there is a complete rebuild or the door is re-opened for competitors' offerings.
But what makes a bad qb in the NFL bad? I doubt it's his accuracy, it's more a combination of not being able to read defences, not recognizing zone/man, forcing throws into coverage, not feeling the pressure, feeling the pressure too much, can't go through progressions, etc. Even 2nd stringers in the NFL were good ones in college, they don't struggle in the pros because they make the right reads all the time but are inaccurate and their throws are off. This game doesn't simulate bad decisions by lower tier quarterbacks, but making them "inaccurate" in order to struggle is not "sim" if that's what you are looking for.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.