Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 title update is available now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update includes gameplay, Madden Ultimate Team and commentary updates based on feedback from the community.

Gameplay
  • Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary
  • New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability
  • Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 phant030 @ 11/30/16 10:21 PM
Pass speed reduces slightly? It seems the ball is traveling slower on deeper passes. Noticed my safeties jumping on balls vs sitting back too much -- could be ratings or that im not playing overtop shading or could just be placebo, none the less glad im experiencing it lol

Edit: Mcnair just threw two errant passes for picks in a draft champions game for my opponent. Havent seen passes like this all year. Maybe some passing settings was tweaked to offset the RAC drops fix.

# 142 tdawg3782 @ 11/30/16 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'd have to look for the tweet, but I remember seeing people send videos of their user QBs going into a kind of side-step animation when trying to scramble. Might be that.

I've personally had no issues scrambling on my own, so I'm not positive since I haven't had a reason to look into it too much.
I think this is it. I just drafted a 89 spd/88 acc scrambling QB and it took him forever to actually take off. It was really weird. I'll have to play to find out for sure but this makes the most sense to me.

# 143 roadman @ 11/30/16 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'd have to look for the tweet, but I remember seeing people send videos of their user QBs going into a kind of side-step animation when trying to scramble. Might be that.

I've personally had no issues scrambling on my own, so I'm not positive since I haven't had a reason to look into it too much.
Yes, that is exactly what it is.

Rex said it didn't make the patch notes. I didn't even notice it before.

# 144 Chiefsfan881129 @ 11/30/16 11:40 PM
Glad MUT h2h seasons are back however the kick meter is broken on there.

I'm currently on rookie 1 win away from moving to next level & I still can't make a kick yet I have no issues on pro or all pro in any other mode except online & MUT

There seems to be a 3rd like after the power has been selected that completely destroys the kick I never had this problem in other modes

+ running is insanely difficult now it's beginning to not be fun any more I can't even play until these issues are addressed

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

# 145 JoshC1977 @ 11/30/16 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I think this is it. I just drafted a 89 spd/88 acc scrambling QB and it took him forever to actually take off. It was really weird. I'll have to play to find out for sure but this makes the most sense to me.
Yeah, this is definitely better. I played a game with Luck and taking off with him was MUCH better than it was pre-patch.

# 146 RogueHominid @ 12/01/16 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I too am a bit confused on what a user QB scramble issue could be though? I feel like I'm missing whatever that was.
I recently drafted a stud QB who had elite arm strength and accuracy but also plus speed/acceleration/agility. I put some designed plays in there to give me a scrambling option, and it was like the guy was stuck in mud when I went to run with him. The animations I was getting didn't match the ratings at all; it was totally bizarre.

It sounds like others had similar issues and some sort of delay that was previously in place may have been removed.

# 147 CleveCluby @ 12/01/16 01:34 AM
Nothing personal here but you are wrong.. First of all, this punting issue was addressed immediately when the game first came out. AT first the punters were sky kicking against the wind, punts were going 20 yds straight up in the air, dropping and hitting players in the back resulting in fumbles. Ea supposedly knew this and patched it immediately only to create the mess they have now. SO the fact is, EA has been aware of this issue from day one.

Fact two, Clint said the issue had been fixed and WOULD be addressed in the next patch, those of us waiting believed him. Then in a tweet he does not say why only that some things just fall off, like who cares, to bad, tough luck, not my problem. Sorry, that is exactly how I feel.

(QUOTE ) ( In the meantime while we wait for Tiburon to deliver a fix for this game play balance issue - that is literally all this is - you have several workaround options if this circumstance is offensive enough to hinder your total experience with the game: )

(QUOTE) (You can adjust the punting slider to make CPU punts consistently longer.) No you cannot, I have tried every adjustment know to mankind, I have adjusted the punting slider rating, It just doesn't affect the CPU team it affects both punters when playing CPU vs CPU or POTM. . It might add 10 yds to a CPU kick against the wind but adds 30 to 40 yds with the wind

(You can temporarily edit CPU punter Kick Power ratings before you play CPU teams outdoors.) I have adjusted the CPU punters pwr. rating, Acc rating and the slider rating to 100. Trying everything I can do, TRUST ME, it makes no difference.. Same results as above

(You can adjust sliders to make playing offense vs. CPU teams harder to compensate for shorter field position. ) I guess you could try this, But why should I have too. It takes the complete strategy out of the game.

(You can adjust sliders to make playing defense vs. CPU teams harder to reduce CPU punting frequency.) Again.. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TOO? Punting is an essential and major part of the game. Actually it is one of the MOST important parts of the game; Punting can change the game completely in an instant. If you have the ball on your own 15 yd line winning by 2 points with time running out and have to punt against the wind, The CPU is going to get the ball on the 25 0r 35 yd line and there is not a darn thing you can do about it. They are already in FG range and you know, THE CPU DON'T miss. You are going to lose. Plain and simple.

How can you or anyone justify this? NO ONE CAN or SHOULD. This issue should have been addressed, People can make all the excuses they want and defend EA's pathetic reason for not fixing this. I can't and won't. And simming the punts does not change a thing, you just don't see the misery. The results are the same.

(There are probably even more things you can do, but that's plenty enough with which to start.) If there is, I haven’t found them to even come close to any reality

I am truly happy for those of you that can enjoy the game like this. God bless you, I wish that I could share your enjoyment. But I can't. It is a complete and total game disaster for me. And I am truly offended, ashamed and angry at the lack of support and communication from EA on this issue

Make all the excuses you want for them. I’m not buying it. Well wait, I guess I already did. Now I’m stuck with it.

# 148 life4eva @ 12/01/16 02:16 AM
They NEED to add more player likeness, really upsetting seeing my team "Miami Dolphins" with so many "generic" faces......

2 that come to mind are our Running Back Jay Ajayi and receiver Jarvis Landry. Also they need to fix the challenge system, which is defitnely broken......

# 149 Find_the_Door @ 12/01/16 02:24 AM
No HDR? Bummer

# 150 oneamongthefence @ 12/01/16 04:46 AM
The punting issue to me is a tad over blown. Shanks happen as do short punts bit it balances court when the cpu kicks with the wind at they're backs. I've seen 70 yard punts happen. And it goes both ways for the user as well. I can live with it. My only real issue I would like to see addressed is scrambling qbs.

I think the issue with CFM vs MUT is MUT is getting entire new features while CFM is getting tweaks outside of adding formation subs in the day 1 patch. I would like to see more features added CFM especially a regression slider. I think its a solid patch especially with the commentary updates.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

# 151 Charvalos @ 12/01/16 06:49 AM
Usually, a patch is used to make the game better but with EA, it's the complete opposite. Patch after patch, tuner after tuner, this game becomes worse than ever.

Now, I really doubt that they'll fix the QB Acc. for Madden 17. I mean, they know about the punting issue since, for what, 2-3 months now ? And they did nothing.

# 152 bencin37 @ 12/01/16 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Nothing personal here but you are wrong.. First of all, this punting issue was addressed immediately when the game first came out. AT first the punters were sky kicking against the wind, punts were going 20 yds straight up in the air, dropping and hitting players in the back resulting in fumbles. Ea supposedly knew this and patched it immediately only to create the mess they have now. SO the fact is, EA has been aware of this issue from day one.

Fact two, Clint said the issue had been fixed and WOULD be addressed in the next patch, those of us waiting believed him. Then in a tweet he does not say why only that some things just fall off, like who cares, to bad, tough luck, not my problem. Sorry, that is exactly how I feel.

(QUOTE ) ( In the meantime while we wait for Tiburon to deliver a fix for this game play balance issue - that is literally all this is - you have several workaround options if this circumstance is offensive enough to hinder your total experience with the game: )

(QUOTE) (You can adjust the punting slider to make CPU punts consistently longer.) No you cannot, I have tried every adjustment know to mankind, I have adjusted the punting slider rating, It just doesn't affect the CPU team it affects both punters when playing CPU vs CPU or POTM. . It might add 10 yds to a CPU kick against the wind but adds 30 to 40 yds with the wind

(You can temporarily edit CPU punter Kick Power ratings before you play CPU teams outdoors.) I have adjusted the CPU punters pwr. rating, Acc rating and the slider rating to 100. Trying everything I can do, TRUST ME, it makes no difference.. Same results as above

(You can adjust sliders to make playing offense vs. CPU teams harder to compensate for shorter field position. ) I guess you could try this, But why should I have too. It takes the complete strategy out of the game.

(You can adjust sliders to make playing defense vs. CPU teams harder to reduce CPU punting frequency.) Again.. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TOO? Punting is an essential and major part of the game. Actually it is one of the MOST important parts of the game; Punting can change the game completely in an instant. If you have the ball on your own 15 yd line winning by 2 points with time running out and have to punt against the wind, The CPU is going to get the ball on the 25 0r 35 yd line and there is not a darn thing you can do about it. They are already in FG range and you know, THE CPU DON'T miss. You are going to lose. Plain and simple.

How can you or anyone justify this? NO ONE CAN or SHOULD. This issue should have been addressed, People can make all the excuses they want and defend EA's pathetic reason for not fixing this. I can't and won't. And simming the punts does not change a thing, you just don't see the misery. The results are the same.

(There are probably even more things you can do, but that's plenty enough with which to start.) If there is, I haven’t found them to even come close to any reality

I am truly happy for those of you that can enjoy the game like this. God bless you, I wish that I could share your enjoyment. But I can't. It is a complete and total game disaster for me. And I am truly offended, ashamed and angry at the lack of support and communication from EA on this issue

Make all the excuses you want for them. I’m not buying it. Well wait, I guess I already did. Now I’m stuck with it.

Well said. I hear your frustration on the punting issue cleve cluby and no you have been rightfully outspoken about it. I think my only option now is to go back and start a cfm without any patches installed

# 153 kehlis @ 12/01/16 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I recently drafted a stud QB who had elite arm strength and accuracy but also plus speed/acceleration/agility. I put some designed plays in there to give me a scrambling option, and it was like the guy was stuck in mud when I went to run with him. The animations I was getting didn't match the ratings at all; it was totally bizarre.

It sounds like others had similar issues and some sort of delay that was previously in place may have been removed.
Okay that makes more sense. A designed run isn't a scramble though, that's what had me confused.

# 154 roadman @ 12/01/16 08:00 AM
A question was asked to Clint on if they found an issue to the QBA:

Clint's response:

not yet. Still working on it

# 155 RogueHominid @ 12/01/16 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Okay that makes more sense. A designed run isn't a scramble though, that's what had me confused.
I should have clarified--I put in some boot plays that would allow me to move from pass-first play calls into scrambles for yardage if I saw man coverage, and I noticed that there was a serious animation hiccup when trying to move from the natural bootleg portion of the play to an actual aggressive attempt to gain yards on a scramble. I'm not DLing the patch until I get a better sense of its net impact on other areas of the game, but this, to me, sounds like a needed fix.

# 156 ehh @ 12/01/16 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A question was asked to Clint on if they found an issue to the QBA:

Clint's response:

not yet. Still working on it
As in they know it's an issue and can't find the cause or the can't even find (or don't think) there's a problem with QBA?

Either way, this is not good news.

# 157 kingsofthevalley @ 12/01/16 09:20 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that they will not bring back the full range of motion on the left stick (pre snap defense). Clint stated that its not a bug, but intentional to stop people from being able to make unrealistic fronts? Kind of confused me with that one.
My best guess is that they don't want users to be able to precision "creep" players up to the line of scrimmage? Any thoughts?

# 158 roadman @ 12/01/16 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
As in they know it's an issue and can't find the cause or the can't even find (or don't think) there's a problem with QBA?

Either way, this is not good news.
Your guess is a good as mine on that one.

It could mean that they know it's a issue, but the fixes they are coming up with are breaking other parts of the game? I don't know, the reason I bring that up, Rex mentioned in a twitch stream yesterday that the swerve fix that is coming in the next title update, they wanted to get the fix in this title update, but they tried three different fixes and those fixes were breaking other parts of the game.

This is what happens when you have legacy coding.

# 159 StormsWarning @ 12/01/16 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby

i had written a really long message to this, but instead i'm just gone say i understand your frustration, i agree 100% and i'm going to start taking action and speaking with my wallet and not my keyboard, because honestly it just falls on closed ears and im really tired of it.

edit, everyone says this game plays night and day without all these patches etc. so my question is, my game is digital, now i know if i pull my internet cord out i'll be offline, is there another way to doing this is it worth going through all of that for game play? i was always under the impressions that patches were suppose to fix game play, but instead it seems its done nothing but break it. i haven't touched madden in a good while, matter fact i had stopped playing it when this punting situation first started up, i see its not better so any help?

# 160 Sturzinator @ 12/01/16 10:23 AM
Out on a road trip and was hoping for some good news regarding this patch. Sounds like the death spiral of this game ever tightens.

I think I'll disconnect the xbone from the internet and proceed with what semblance of football I currently have mustered together in my CFM. Very disappointing, but I can't say it comes as a surprise anymore at this point.

Regardless of what has been communicated, it's pretty clear the direction this thing is headed.

This patch has obliterated the last few scraps of hope and trust I had remaining for EA Tiburon.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.