Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 title update is available now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update includes gameplay, Madden Ultimate Team and commentary updates based on feedback from the community.

Gameplay
  • Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary
  • New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability
  • Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 mrCPUgeek @ 11/30/16 10:20 AM
Nice list of updates. Now I can't wait to get home and continue my CFM!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 underdog13 @ 11/30/16 10:23 AM
Fumble slider !

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 3 daze21 @ 11/30/16 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Nice list of updates. Now I can't wait to get home and continue my CFM!!

My thoughts exactly... now waiting for 2.5 GB update to complete

# 4 timhere1970 @ 11/30/16 10:25 AM
Fumble slider and sack fumble issue could be nice fixes. Everything else seems like bad priorities.

# 5 underdog13 @ 11/30/16 10:26 AM
Although a bit disappointed qb accuracy wasn't touched.

# 6 Sturzinator @ 11/30/16 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Fumble slider !

I was glad too see this too, but I will reserve my enthusiasm until we can confirm it causes fumbles for players other than just the QB.

No punt glitch fix? Seriously?

# 7 themoneyteam1212 @ 11/30/16 10:33 AM
I don't get it. They didn't fix the two biggest issues. CPU punts and qb accuracy. What a joke

# 8 ddvette9 @ 11/30/16 10:34 AM
How come the commentary updates don't affect the CFM commentary? Starting to hear repeated lines in my franchise.

Are these new updates in the patch for just play now games or probably for the franchise commentary as well.

# 9 videogamelover @ 11/30/16 10:40 AM
is this a good enough update to end the development process for Madden NFL 17? they only have around 8 months to work on Madden NFL 18 now.

# 10 jfsolo @ 11/30/16 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamelover
is this a good enough update to end the development process for Madden NFL 17? they only have around 8 months to work on Madden NFL 18 now.
I'm sure that working on both simultaneously is built into the design of their work flow now. Ideally they want people to play Madden year round, so they aren't going to abandon the previous version as quickly as they might have in the past.

# 11 mrCPUgeek @ 11/30/16 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamelover

I'm sure they have already begun working on 18. That doesn't mean they won't continue to update 17 as well.

# 12 JayD @ 11/30/16 10:52 AM
What! I thought that they confirmed the CPU punting issue has been fixed. Also, I don't see anything about making kicking harder.

# 13 T4VERTS @ 11/30/16 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
I'm sure they have already begun working on 18. That doesn't mean they won't continue to update 17 as well.

This. They are working on 18 as well as continuously working on 17.

# 14 roadman @ 11/30/16 10:57 AM
Yeah, they now have continuous development throughout the year.

# 15 tyler28 @ 11/30/16 11:01 AM
So they didnt fix the punts? Thats been an issue for a while and i swear i read they confirmed it on twitter that it would be addresses.

No qb accuracy fix is a big dissapointment.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

# 16 micole @ 11/30/16 11:16 AM
Wonder if they're gonna have more facial updates like they did last year?

# 17 roadman @ 11/30/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
So they didnt fix the punts? Thats been an issue for a while and i swear i read they confirmed it on twitter that it would be addresses.

No qb accuracy fix is a big dissapointment.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
QBA disappointment, yes, surprising, no.

We've known for a week or two at OS it probably wouldn't be addressed in this title update.

I'm trying to confirm the punt glitch. I haven't seen any issues with punting at this stage, so, we'll see.

# 18 timhere1970 @ 11/30/16 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9
How come the commentary updates don't affect the CFM commentary? Starting to hear repeated lines in my franchise.

Are these new updates in the patch for just play now games or probably for the franchise commentary as well.
My qb broke the all time passing td mark two years ago. The first touchdown he throws in every game since I get to hear them talk about how he just broke the record. Also, the comment, with the new rule putting the ball on the 25 for touchback he probably shouldn't have brought it out comment. It was a new rule in 2016. 2035, not so much.

# 19 swanklax @ 11/30/16 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
QBA disappointment, yes, surprising, no.

We've known for a week or two at OS it probably wouldn't be addressed in this title update.

I'm trying to confirm the punt glitch. I haven't seen any issues with punting at this stage, so, we'll see.
CPU punting definitely still broken

# 20 Feros Ferio 7 @ 11/30/16 11:28 AM
Anyone played with QB accuracy set to at least as low as 5 seen any difference?

« Previous1234567891415Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.