Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

GameSpot has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video featuring a full game between the Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees.

Post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 ProStylez @ 03/14/17 09:16 PM
Something looks completely different this year after the ball is hit....in a very good way. It feels different without me even playing the game yet if that makes any sense at all.

# 2 zman2392 @ 03/14/17 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
Something looks completely different this year after the ball is hit....in a very good way. It feels different without me even playing the game yet if that makes any sense at all.
Agreed. The ball physics.

# 3 KnightTemplar @ 03/14/17 09:23 PM
Hmmm....noticing how much the material in the pants move when players swing, etc. Dang, looks like a new game.

# 4 Splitter77 @ 03/14/17 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
it does. it looks like the fps are better than before.

# 5 ShowTyme15 @ 03/14/17 09:43 PM
As suspected the BP jerseys do not have numbers on the back of the jersey just like real life.

Otherwise looks really good.

# 6 metfan425 @ 03/14/17 09:48 PM
I agree. Frame rate looks superb. And if I'm correct I believe in the beginning of the video it said captured on ps4 so that's not even a pro upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 7 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/14/17 10:03 PM
Any idea how late of a build this is? Normally I wouldn't care but considering how many things these guys have been able to add the last couple of weeks, each build could be so much more different than the last one.

# 8 zman2392 @ 03/14/17 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Any idea how late of a build this is? Normally I wouldn't care but considering how many things these guys have been able to add the last couple of weeks, each build could be so much more different than the last one.
I would guess maybe final. It was recorded today I think as at one point in the stream they said the game releases in 2 weeks (which would mean today). Whether Ramone is travelling with an old build or not. He didn't say.

# 9 Trackball @ 03/14/17 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
so we ever gonna see some 'full broadcast' presentation or is this it?

gotta love them skipping batters resetting after a pitch while keeping in 20-second close-ups of the pitcher. glad they have advanced metrics on this stuff.
One has commentary to listen to.
The other does not.

# 10 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/14/17 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2392
I would guess maybe final. It was recorded today I think as at one point in the stream they said the game releases in 2 weeks (which would mean today). Whether Ramone is travelling with an old build or not. He didn't say.
In the IGN video he did earlier in the day before he went over to GameSpot, he said "gone gold build". It sounded like he literally finished at IGN and went straight over to Gamespot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

# 11 ShowTyme15 @ 03/14/17 10:17 PM
I really hope they expanded on the equipment rather than adding and subtracting pieces.

# 12 sva91 @ 03/14/17 10:41 PM
As a uniform/accessory snob, I gotta hand it to the art team. The cleats actually look like leather, the tackle twill numbers look much better, last year they had a weird reflection to them. The new balance cleats might be the best looking shoes I've seen in a sports game. The uniform colors all look spot on. The grass looks much more vibrant. The faces look ridiculous. Hopefully they can work on retro unis next year now that everything is very polished. Everything looks much more fluid this year, and frame rate looks much better. Great job, team!

Only minor complaint: Yankee numbers should be a little higher on Back of the jersey. But still looks much improved.

# 13 Sip_16 @ 03/14/17 11:02 PM
On Bautistas double at about 19 min you see it hid hard and just keep going it didn't really slow down that wouldn't happen. Gardner should've circled it to cut it off not run a straight line stuff like that is gonna change how this game is played

# 14 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/14/17 11:03 PM
In terms of uniforms, Ramone made it sound like since they've basically added in every current uniform they possible can, that next year they had something in mind for throwback uniforms. The question asked to him had nothing to do with next year's game and he brought up next year's game. We know there are several things that they keep in mind for future games so hopefully that was solid hint of a solid step forward with throwback uniforms in 2018.

# 15 ShowTyme15 @ 03/14/17 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksInSix
Has anyone seen EvoShield in any of the clips? In a prior stream, Bryant & Machado both had bulky elbow guards rather than their EvoShield Ones. Hopefully I am just missing them in the streams?
Yes Evoshield is in the game. Both Elbow and shin guards are in.

# 16 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/14/17 11:06 PM
I felt like most numbers on the backs of the Yankees were in the right spot but only a couple still seemed too low. That obviously seems odd so my guess is this could have something to do with the spine length slider. It's possible they fixed the number height issue but having a longer spine might still make the number seem a bit off. Definitely looks better though by a mile.

# 17 Playboy™ @ 03/14/17 11:10 PM
Love how Yankee Stadium looks minus the Frieze it should be white not gray and one minor thing i wish they had added the new LED lights they added last offseason

# 18 hb5239799 @ 03/14/17 11:24 PM
So this video was captured on PS4?!?!?! Oh man, when the switch gets flipped for Pro + 4K + HDR (fingers crossed)

# 19 knich @ 03/14/17 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
On Bautistas double at about 19 min you see it hid hard and just keep going it didn't really slow down that wouldn't happen. Gardner should've circled it to cut it off not run a straight line stuff like that is gonna change how this game is played
User controlled

# 20 knich @ 03/14/17 11:35 PM
I know Ramone said they fixed auto shifting this year, but I still have yet to see an auto shift where outfield depth is deep. It is always normal. BTW..I think this is in part why in previous versions and it seems in this one that you have fewer doubles down the lines. The players get to the balls too fast. IRL the ball gets to the wall and frequently rolls along the wall (or bounces in the corner) and the outfielder has to wait for the ball to come to him which allows the medium to fast base runners to walk in to second. Still not seeing much batter box and field lines degradation. Game looks great though.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.