Home

I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

This is a discussion on I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

Everyone is sooo late to the party. You get this same feeling from 2k5. You can play 2k5 and feel how bad madden is. This is nothing new..lol. Madden is what Madden is (forest gump voice). EA football gameplay will never catch 2K. I just dont see it happening. I bit the bullet and bought madden cuz i was sick of using my user created ravens in APF getting KILLED by legends. My girlfriend is just gonna have to deal with less time as I spend all day playing three football games. I wish EA would use all its money and just buy 2k's football departmen and have them develop madden...lol
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
I wish EA would use all its money and just buy 2k's football departmen and have them develop madden...lol
Believe me you don't want that.

Last thing you want is APF to get EA'ized.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Believe me you don't want that.

Last thing you want is APF to get EA'ized.
You got that right!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
You got that right!
And how.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #53
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Is Madden available to rent yet? I would like to try it out from my local blockbuster, but I don't see the need to buy just yet.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #54
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I'm using a generic QB. I used Moon for a while, and I don't recall him being able to throw on the run either, but I may be wrong.

I'm seeing all those issues in Madden, now that I've played it for a couple of hours. Strangely, the game seems to have the same QB accuracy/programming issue that 2K5 had. QB's appear to intentionally throw the ball off the mark and into some LB's or DB's hands. Yes, the super-human D is to blame for some of the INT's, but this appears to be part of the problem as well.

And I'm also seeing up to 4 turnovers a quarter. Except for tweaking fumble ratings and defensive skill ratings, I don't see how any of that can be fixed, other than with a patch.
I have Warren Moon on one of my teams and he can throw on the run occasionally, although I don't try to throw on the run with him often.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #55
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
EA wins this one by a blowout. It's not even close.

I'm sorry, but this year's Madden is the better game. This is coming from the biggest 2K fan you'll ever meet, but I have to be real here. Is Madden perfect? No, but it's solid as an overall game. 2K8 is certainly, certainly not.

I will always prefer 2K's gameplay, but all EA needs to do to change my mind is come up with a tackle breaking/bring down system that's totally user-controlled.
Can you please explain what you're talking about? You keep saying these things but you never go indepth on what your issues are.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #56
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Buying a house? Say goodbye to free time. And then after you buy it, say goodbye to freetime for the first year.

If I had to pick one, it would be tough. I love APF's gameplay, but lack of franchise and off the field stuff really limits replayability and immersion for me. I am not sure which I would pick if I had to pick one. Tough decision!!
I told a friend to get Madden now and wait for the APF price drop. Madden is a fun game with plenty of depth and action(To me that is much of the problem with it....there is TOO MUCH going on. Too many turnovers, pick 6's, big hits, fumbles, go routes for TD's, big runs. The pace of the game doesn't help).

I did tell him that he owed it to himself to play APF though, especially if you're a fan of football and it's history. At 60 bucks tho, Madden is a better value. Kind of like a restaurant that makes a phenomenal steak but the wine and entrees are bad and the place is dingy with bad service opposed to a place that makes an average steak but with everything else great.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »