Home

I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

This is a discussion on I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #33
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
But yeah...i agree with the posts above....playing with a Randall Cunningham vs Dan Marino is like night and day as far as being able to throw on the run....even though Marino is CLEARLY a better, more accurate passer in the game (and IRL), Cunningham and any other mobile QBs are more accurate than Marino when it comes to throwing on the run....

I think its done perfectly in APF....

I think APF nailed the individual skills of the different players not just QB's. But yes I agree they got the QB's abiltiy to throw on the move down well.

Cunningham on the boot action plays outside the pocket is deadly.

I have put some Madden time in now. Initially I was underwhelmed. I played it some more, it's definitely an improved game. Up to this point, I like it, and had a lot of fun with it last night. At this point, I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any 3 of the football games that have been released.

My biggest problem will be finding time to play all three games as much as I am going to want to play them.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #34
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
HAve you actually played Madden 08 yet?

And please slider threads? The Holy Grail of football games 2k5, needed massive slider adjustments to get the game play the way people wanted it. That's a poor argument.
He doesn't need to have played Madden to read the impression thread and comment on his take of it. Playing the game is irrelevant to his point since his point is based on a observation of the thread, not the game.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
I like them too, but I think Madden players look more real.
Dont you think alot of that is the jerseys? I just am throwing that out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
He doesn't need to have played Madden to read the impression thread and comment on his take of it. Playing the game is irrelevant to his point since his point is based on a observation of the thread, not the game.
I guess. It's kind of funny how he only gleans certain impressions and not others. And seems to have an opinion on the game despite no playing it. BUt alas I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I guess. It's kind of funny how he only gleans certain impressions and not others. And seems to have an opinion on the game despite no playing it. BUt alas I shouldn't be surprised.
I shouldn't be surprised your arguments are full of holes either. =P
Old 08-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
The Madden 08 franchise mode, after having to settle for the bare bones franchise mode of Madden 07, really peaks my interest. But I am proud of myself to be able to hold off on it for this long.....I would really like to wait for that second wave of impressions....too many times I have made the mistake of going off of everyones FIRST impressions which are usually made before even completing one game...
I toyed around with the Franchise mode last night. It's much like the past versions of LG Madden. Plus you start scouting incoming players for the college draft throughout the year. Hire fire coaches. Looks like Injured Reserve actually works this year, but I am going to have to check again (it was late last night, so I'll believe the fixed that finally, when I see it).

Franchise mode looks solid, but doesn't appear to be anything groundbreaking this year. It does give you the ability to try to relocate your team, and design your own stadium. I tried that last night, and my proposal got voted down. lol.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonroy
I shouldn't be surprised your arguments are full of holes either. =P
What argument would that be?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that people actually, whether consciuosly or subconsciously go out of their to not like 2k or not even try it. What a shame.
subliminals (kidding)? ive seen my share of the subconscious 2k dislike. i think these people assume it's like a Hydrox (fake oreo) type brand, so they don't give it a chnace-- they just dont know much about VGs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »