Home

NFL2K4 All Over Again.

This is a discussion on NFL2K4 All Over Again. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: NFL2K4 All Over Again.

Im a bit confused....couldn't this be simply remedied by just increasing the tackling sliders for both CPU and HUMAN?...Thats what I did with 2K4 to tone down the over the top monster rushing games....Am I missing something different here with 2K8?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 02:50 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Im a bit confused....couldn't this be simply remedied by just increasing the tackling sliders for both CPU and HUMAN?...Thats what I did with 2K4 to tone down the over the top monster rushing games....Am I missing something different here with 2K8?
You can do that, but these complaints stem from default All Pro sliders online I suspct.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Try playing in the Legend lobby. It is ranked as well, and many complaints from the All Pro level are remedied. If there is no one in the lobby, there will be people who join if you wait a few minutes. It's best to wait a few minutes to get a good game than quickily play a game that will have you pissed for over 30.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
i think its obvious that 2k should have toned down the running game a bit .
I don't think they need to tone down anything. I just think the defenders need more attitude and stop being "soft" and making idiotic mistakes at times. Also they are alot slower than the offensive players (referencing head to head games).

Most things in this game seem to sway into the hands of the offense. Fatigue is a prime example. You can run your star HB over and over and over again and he's slapping defendres down every play. The Legend defenders get tired and run slow as hell; get trucked over ect. The same thing happens with the WR's vs the DB's. WR's can run streaks every play and not get that tired. But the DB if he has to run that every play next thing you know he's getting burned by the WR.

It's a good game; a really good game, but I think it needs a great deal of tuning.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #29
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't think they need to tone down anything. I just think the defenders need more attitude and stop being "soft" and making idiotic mistakes at times. Also they are alot slower than the offensive players (referencing head to head games).

Most things in this game seem to sway into the hands of the offense. Fatigue is a prime example. You can run your star HB over and over and over again and he's slapping defendres down every play. The Legend defenders get tired and run slow as hell; get trucked over ect. The same thing happens with the WR's vs the DB's. WR's can run streaks every play and not get that tired. But the DB if he has to run that every play next thing you know he's getting burned by the WR.

It's a good game; a really good game, but I think it needs a great deal of tuning.
I agree.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I just think the defenders need more attitude and stop being "soft" and making idiotic mistakes at times. Also they are alot slower than the offensive players (referencing head to head games).
I guess you have never seen real NFL players make idiotic mistakes.

Quote:
Most things in this game seem to sway into the hands of the offense. Fatigue is a prime example. You can run your star HB over and over and over again and he's slapping defendres down every play. The Legend defenders get tired and run slow as hell; get trucked over ect.
I agree.

Quote:
The same thing happens with the WR's vs the DB's. WR's can run streaks every play and not get that tired. But the DB if he has to run that every play next thing you know he's getting burned by the WR.
DBs should get more tired as it is harder to defend than it is to run a route. The DB has to react or anticipate where as the WR has to just run his route that he already knows he is going to do.

Quote:
I disagree. It just needs a tiny itsy bitsy bit of tuning.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #31
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I have become the man at stopping the run. Just last night last i held Campbell to like 25 yards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I have become the man at stopping the run. Just last night last i held Campbell to like 25 yards
congrats. What type of d did you use?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »