Home

APF 2K9 Wishlist

This is a discussion on APF 2K9 Wishlist within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: APF 2K9 Wishlist

I have one wish and one wish only:

Release it on PC. PLEASE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 02:44 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon10 Re: APF 2K9 Wishlist

High Motor: Interesting Concept... Effectively it would be a single icon that encompassed multiple attributes. Like the one that is applied to Walter Payton on Offense that would take up three or four Ability spots on anyone else called "Finesse & Power". I don't think anyone else even has that particular attribute at all (YUP - he's the ONLY ONE). So it would be only fair to have at least ONE guy on Defense with a similar super-combo ability. Perhaps (the apparently non-existent) Closing Speed combined with Run Coverage and Pass Rush Bonus would do the trick, along with four more "regular" Defensive abilities? Maybe make another called HYPERLUSIVE that is a combination of Bull Rush, Club, Swim, Spin & Ear-Hole Slap abilities...?

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]

Last edited by Red Ronin; 09-15-2007 at 03:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
High Motor: Interesting Concept... Effectively it would be a single icon that encompassed multiple attributes. Like the one that is applied to Walter Payton on Offense that would take up three or four Ability spots on anyone else called "Finesse & Power". I don't think anyone else even has that particular attribute at all (YUP - he's the ONLY ONE). So it would be only fair to have at least ONE guy on Defense with a similar super-combo ability. Perhaps (the apparently non-existent) Closing Speed combined with Run Coverage and Pass Rush Bonus would do the trick, along with four more "regular" Defensive abilities? Maybe make another called HYPERLUSIVE that is a combination of Bull Rush, Club, Swim, Spin & Ear-Hole Slap abilities...?

Red Ronin
One more ability Tackling Machine - this defender rarely if ever misses a tackle. Ball carriers almost never break out of his tackles. It combines, wrap tackle, reach tackle, open field tackle and strength bonus.

Open field tackling would be how well the player tackles in space. With the open field tackle ability even in space this defender always chooses the right angle to take the running back down and keep him from advancing the ball.

Yeah, well I just need it to create guys like LT, Romo and Ray Lewis With guys like Lewis I would want

High Motor (combines Closing Speed, Run Coverage, Big Hit, Stamina Bonus)
Speed Burner
Run Reader
Tackling Machine (combines wrap tackle, reach tackle, open field tackling, strength bonus)
Leadership

LT I need

High Motor (Closing Speed, Run Coverage, Big Hit, Stamina Bonus)
Sack Master
Ball Strip
Pass Rush Bonus
Speed Burner
Old 09-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #68
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

realistic lighting since this is played mostly out doors it would be nice to see some shadows under the helmet...give it the MLB2k7 treatment

Old 09-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Also if they are not going to add more things to the D playbook the let me do it myself. Let me draw up my own fronts, coverages and blitzes. After all this game is about how you coach/play.

Also as soon as the play is called and guy are coming out of the huddle, they need to allow you to start selecting and moving guys around on defense then. Tired of that quick hike BS in which you have time to do absolutely nothing.

Blitzers - stop zig zagging and just run in a damn straight line and get the QB. Because the QB can run backwards I see guys getting passes off that they shouldn't on reason the blitzer zig zags. Another reaon he doesn't run full speed, 3rd reason, the QB can be accurate without even facing who it is he is throwing too. Come on man turn this game up for tha dawgs. Offense is given every advantage possible. It's like since 2k2 on Xbox and 2k3 VC has watered the D way down because peopled cried about not being able to do anything in those games.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #70
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Also if they are not going to add more things to the D playbook the let me do it myself. Let me draw up my own fronts, coverages and blitzes. After all this game is about how you coach/play.

Also as soon as the play is called and guy are coming out of the huddle, they need to allow you to start selecting and moving guys around on defense then. Tired of that quick hike BS in which you have time to do absolutely nothing.

Blitzers - stop zig zagging and just run in a damn straight line and get the QB. Because the QB can run backwards I see guys getting passes off that they shouldn't on reason the blitzer zig zags. Another reaon he doesn't run full speed, 3rd reason, the QB can be accurate without even facing who it is he is throwing too. Come on man turn this game up for tha dawgs. Offense is given every advantage possible. It's like since 2k2 on Xbox and 2k3 VC has watered the D way down because peopled cried about not being able to do anything in those games.
I'd like to see them a create-a-play option but think there would be far too many variables to take into account for balanced play online. Just seems like it'd be a lot to try to account for. I think if they tweaked by:

- adding the defensive fronts you've advocated
- modify the blitz angles so there's less "looping"
- tweak the defensive player attributes overall; make legend defenders more prominant (particularly DL and linebackers)
- tweak OL player attributes; make legend OL more prominant/necessary. Effectiveness of the generic OL/DL should be slightly lowered
- do something to limit/outright remove the effectiveness of players that backpedal charge to throw.
- turn up the default interception/fumble sliders for online play

Some of these things seem patchable; hopefully they'll release a patch that tweaks the gameplay in a manner similar to what they did with NBA2K7 and MLB2K7. Making linebackers/DL slightly faster w/better pursuit angles while tweaking the OL could do wonders for balancing the overall play imo. While there are certain things that could stand an overhaul, I think tweaking here and there would take the game to the next level

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #71
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I love 2k8 I know i'll love 2k9 just keep doing what you guys do. And this time advertise!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 12

VC, be sure to re-visit the old 2k5 forum wishlist/ideas threads from before the APF announcement. alot of good thoughts and suggestions were tossed around back then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »