Home

Backbreaker Conference Call

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Conference Call within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call

BB is all about the gameplay, at least the first time around. I will probably spend more time creating teams than I do playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9
Thumbs down Re: Backbreaker Conference Call

I am still very interested in the game. If the teams have character and truly play different, then I am good. Fatigue, injuries and hot routes sound great, but have been implemented poorly in other games. (something is usually broken)

Too much focus on poorly implemented details and not enough on X's and O's is why we are in this situation in the first place, in my opinion. I think this may be good in the long run if the game's core is great.

Last edited by lasthour; 04-20-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't think it will change too much. There are still as many as 5 different wrs, teams still can and will have a big power back for short yardage and fast receiving backs to change up the defense. Even at qb you can have a Michael Vick/Pat White come in a throw a couple passes a game.
Yeah I agree the receiving stats will probably be fine. I also know myself while playing I'm going to employ a power back and a speed back but I'm not so sure the computer will do this in games. I hope I'm wrong but without the fatigue or injuries I'm not holding my breath the computer AI will do this also. Don't get me wrong I'm still buying this as this isn't a gamekiller for me either way I was just curious. Can't wait for a demo, June 1st seems light years away.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
BB is all about the gameplay, at least the first time around. I will probably spend more time creating teams than I do playing it.
Same here. However I'll wait till it gets to the bargain bin. No way I pay full price for a game "supposedly" in developement for a good while and yet.. no fatigue, no injuries etc...

Also I don't buy the "They worked on gameplay first" stuff. I've seen the vids and so far it doesn't even look all that great in that area.

I wish them the best of luck though....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #45
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call at 2:15 EDT!

Three words come to mind:

Glorified. Tech. Demo.

We'll see though I suppose.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #46
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call at 2:15 EDT!

How come No one ever believed the Backbreaker Devs when they said this would be a Arcade game? Seriously, how can any of this be a shock.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #47
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Wow! People are complaining that BACKBREAKER was not able to get things in for their first installment and yet Madden has had 21 years and still cant do it? Come on! Give this company a break, if anyone should be criticized it should be Madden. This is like their 21st year and they still cant get it right. I will definitely support this game.
Madden laid down the groundwork years ago though, so that argument is completely invalid.

I'd compare it to a new car company coming out and not having power steering, anti-lock breaks, or power windows. It may be the nicest car in the world with a beautiful body, sick wheels, and a terrific transmission, but no one wants to drive a car today without power steering or anti-lock breaks. And people would expect power windows in a car that nice. Would you give the excuse then that Ford has had over 100 years and still has recalls and some poor products and that we should give this new car company some time? Sure, that may be the case that Ford doesn't make a tremendous product, but it still does certain things right that you expect other companies to do as well.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
I am still very interested in the game. If the teams have character and truly play different, then I am good. Fatigue, injuries and hot routes sound great, but have been implemented poorly in other games. (something is usually broken)

Too much focus on poorly implemented details and not enough on X's and O's is why we are in this situation in the first place, in my opinion. I think this may be good in the long run if the game's core is great.
yu know what i have bashed bb for not having Fatigue, injuries and hot routes but yu do have a point other games havent found a good way to implement these features so who is to say what a gud injury/fatigue systems is. its just the bb has the system with euphoria and for them to spend three years on the game and not have that in the game is a big disappointment. but i'm not trolling i'm just venting and IMO bb2 if the gameplay in bb is solid will be great if the implement those features left out in this year version
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »